Search
Register
Oh Noooo! working at Target seems really shitty
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

CPFitz14

Oh Noooo! working at Target seems really shitty  Reply with quote  

I just went for an interview two days ago at Target. I need a job, so I figured what the hell, $6.25/hr isn't too bad, so I think I'm going to take the job.

Well now I read this:

Quote:

I had a number of odd jobs, nothing spectacular. Memorable experience: I quit my job as a Target cart attendant the night a cashier told me about the "uh, kind of a mess" in the men's room. Being the cart attendant/on-call janitor, I had to clean it up. He actually patted me on the shoulder before I went for the mop, so I knew that wasn't a good sign. Into the bathroom I went. The second I opened the door, a putrid stench the size of God knuckle-sandwiched me across the nose. Some motherfucker had smeared shit all over the walls, having run out of room in the toilet, which was burping, belching, bubbling and overflowing with human waste and soggy paper--it was like looking at an iceberg of mashed potatoes and gravy. It was like being trapped inside a dead man's ass. I vomited twice in the adjoining stall, practically bruising my twisted stomach, cleaned the bathroom, and clocked the fuck out for good. My rationale at the time: You gotta be a sick bastard to pull something like that, but what's worse is being the guy responsible for cleaning it up. No can do, partner. Goodbye. About seven months later I got into journalism and never cleaned another bathroom again, except my own.

It made me laugh hysterically, but now I'm a little worried. Ah fuck it, I can always quit I guess.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:52 am
Rhino

Id rather be a garbage man then work for target. They make good pay and excellant benefits. You should look into it.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:13 am
Kynx

Target  Reply with quote  

My bestfriend works at Target and has for 2 years. Beside the fact he worked his way up the ladder faster than anyone else in the district, all he does is complain. Apparently Target employs abuncha retail nazis. The word on the street is that Walmart snatches up ex-employees of Target as soon as possible because they're fully trained slaves to the retail world, bred to zone and make the customer happy.

Hope you like your job. ha.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

The_Rhino wrote:
Id rather be a garbage man then work for target. They make good pay and excellant benefits. You should look into it.

I am a garbarge man at the community college by my house....i get paid $7.90 an hour to drive around in a golf cart, changing garbage bags in trash cans, while listening to my MP3 player and smoking cigaretes and mass amounts of budda. Also I just got offered a promotion...$3.00/hr raise bitches! BOO-YOW.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:51 am
MYOWNCLICHE

Re: Oh Noooo  Reply with quote  

CPFitz14 wrote:
I just went for an interview two days ago at Target. I need a job, so I figured what the hell, $6.25/hr isn't too bad, so I think I'm going to take the job.

Well now I read this:

Quote:

I had a number of odd jobs, nothing spectacular. Memorable experience: I quit my job as a Target cart attendant the night a cashier told me about the "uh, kind of a mess" in the men's room. Being the cart attendant/on-call janitor, I had to clean it up. He actually patted me on the shoulder before I went for the mop, so I knew that wasn't a good sign. Into the bathroom I went. The second I opened the door, a putrid stench the size of God knuckle-sandwiched me across the nose. Some motherfucker had smeared shit all over the walls, having run out of room in the toilet, which was burping, belching, bubbling and overflowing with human waste and soggy paper--it was like looking at an iceberg of mashed potatoes and gravy. It was like being trapped inside a dead man's ass. I vomited twice in the adjoining stall, practically bruising my twisted stomach, cleaned the bathroom, and clocked the fuck out for good. My rationale at the time: You gotta be a sick bastard to pull something like that, but what's worse is being the guy responsible for cleaning it up. No can do, partner. Goodbye. About seven months later I got into journalism and never cleaned another bathroom again, except my own.

It made me laugh hysterically, but now I'm a little worried. Ah fuck it, I can always quit I guess.

Sorry but that made me laugh my ass off. I'd of quit too
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:29 pm
A aviator

If your bilingual by any chance you should try to get a job as a car salesman. My friend is from Equador and is working that end. He makes good dinero and helps others Support the War!
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:04 pm
A aviator

target + shit on walls = $6 what an hour?
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:04 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

If your bilingual

Companies are paying big money for people who are bilingual.. I wish I had more ths 2 years of spanish. what the ---- has happened to this country?
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:08 pm
Frezz

I took and passed a couple years of spanish in high school. I know like 3 words.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:17 pm
A aviator

MYOWNCLICHE wrote:
If your bilingual

Companies are paying big money for people who are bilingual.. I wish I had more ths 2 years of spanish. what the ---- has happened to this country?

BUT, the sad thing is that you've got to have the white man's privlidge.... legality. That is difficult to come by these days if you've been illegal for some time.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:36 pm
Mikal kHill

Re: Target  Reply with quote  

Kynx wrote:
My bestfriend works at Target and has for 2 years. Beside the fact he worked his way up the ladder faster than anyone else in the district, all he does is complain. Apparently Target employs abuncha retail nazis. The word on the street is that Walmart snatches up ex-employees of Target as soon as possible because they're fully trained slaves to the retail world, bred to zone and make the customer happy.

Hope you like your job. ha.

Walmart does that to ANY successful company. They recruit from my store (A Food Lion) and give people upto $2 raises off the bat.

Walmart = Satan

-kHill
Post Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:16 am
CPFitz14

I don't think they hire any 16 year old garbage men.

Maybe I need to look into it though.

For now, I'm working at target. Seems good so far.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:52 pm
dri

i used to work at target. hired as seasonal. made some dumbass choices and got fired. i worked the floor. it wasnt that bad cuz a lot of my friends worked, actually my really good friend at the time got hired with me and lasted about three weeks longer then i did. i got great hours and target is really strict about not letting people work past curfew so your gaurenteed to get out at night. and its not hard to work hungover opposed to my new job where i dont even go to parties the night before i work unless i crave to. when i worked there i got paid every friday and about 90 dollar checks and when your 16/17 years old its fantastic since i just paid all my bills with my other paycheck.

anyways. its not that bad. yea you run into some gross shit but probably very likely to happen anyways. im sure youll enjoy it. a lot of the older people i worked with were retail nazis but thats when you make dirty comments about them on break.

its a great job for a 16 year old. just dont become a lifer.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:00 pm
z-spot22

i worked for a credit card company that sponsored the Target card, so we would set up in targets all over the area and sign people up for their 18% interest target charge cards, and in return we would give the customer a pen or one of our other "free gifts" along with a 10% off coupon. what a rip off! but anyways, at the end of the day we would have all these empty boxes the free gift shit was in and fill them up with Target merchandise. i felt like i had to take something back for having a hand in sending so many people down the path of ridiculously high interest rates.

oh, to be back in the days when we were young and dumb.....

i need sleep
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:10 pm
VerbalTec

Whoever was the person who posted- we must be kindred spirits to working horrible part-time jobs- cause i was a fuckin Targer cart attendant/cashier from 97-98. I went thru that same "shit" literally when someone shitted all over one of the bathroom stalls and they told me to clean it up and i said "I AINT FUCKIN DOIN IT!" and that was that. FUCK TARGET! AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING IN 97 THEIR STARTING HOURLY PAY RATE WAS 6.00!!! I GUESS THEY HAVE MADE STRIDES TOWARDS PAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES PROPERLY RAiSING IT A WHOLE FUCKING QUARTER in 7 years!!! the bottom line is that i worked that "shit" job in high school when i lived with at home wit my fam, and only do it if you're in the same position or its your first job.
FUCK TARGET THEIR LEVEL 1'S, LEVEL 2 SUPERVISORS. AND FUCK RED AND KHAKI!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

hahaha- now i can laugh about that bullshit, they give employees a 10% discount on all merchandise- hahahaha!

oh yeah if you are a young male believe you me they will have you outside pushing fuckin shopping carts- rain, sleet, snow or fuckin 100 degree temperatures!

that is the last time i will ever mention target during the rest of my existence on earth- HOLLA
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:45 pm

Jump to: