Search
Register
a different look at the "kobe case"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

k-deep

a different look at the "kobe case"  Reply with quote  

i don't know. is it good that the media is invasive (because it's keen on learning all the facts) or is it bad (because it can make someone's life a living hell)?

whether u think kobe's guilty or not guilty, is there some personal freedom that should be granted to all people (including the girl who's accusing him)? i mean, it's like being spammed, but a million times worse...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1768106

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Text of Letter from Accuser's Mother
Associated Press

Text of a letter from the mother of Kobe Bryant's accuser, dated Wednesday, that was included in a court filing Thursday seeking a swift trial date:

Your Honor,

I would like to share with you the reality of my daughter's life.

You are aware of 3 people that have been arrested for threatening her life. She has received literally hundreds of death threats on the phone, in the mail and e-mail. In addition, she has received thousands of obscene messages. We are constantly worried about her safety.

My daughter has lived in four different states in the past six months. She is followed everywhere by the defense and the media. The defense begins to question everyone she meets. The media reveals her location. Her safety is at risk and she has to move again. She can't live at home, she can't live with relatives, she can't go to school, or talk to her friends.

When she moves to a new location she doesn't know anyone. As soon as she gets a job or makes a few acquaintances someone figures out who she is and the media arrives. The last time she got a job the second day she was there the media found her and began following her. Most employers are not willing to deal with the problems this brings to their business.

My daughter has been home for two days. Last night, she tried to have dinner with a friend and her friend's mom. On the way into the restaurant a man came up to them pulled out a camera and began taking pictures and questioning them. They asked him to stop, they tried to walk away he followed them and would not stop until she used a cell phone to call for help. First there is the fear when someone walks up to her and pulls something out of their pocket. Are they going to hurt her? She has received more than enough death threats that those thoughts are now a required part of her daily life.

When the immediate fear of being harmed subsides, she is left with the frustration of knowing that she can't go anywhere, even have a simple dinner with a friend.

No one else involved in this case has had to make the life changes and compromises that my daughter has had to make and will need to continue to make until this case is over. Even the defendant is able to continue living in his home and continue with his employment.

My daughter has plans for her future. She wants to continue her education. However, her life is on hold and her safety is in jeopardy until this case is over. I am asking that the court do whatever possible to bring this case to trial as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely, (name withheld)
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:09 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

Sucks to be your daughter
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:20 pm
Jesse

Some facts are no-one's fucking business.

What is to be gained through media harrassment of a figure like this woman? What important information rests there to be gleaned? They just rely upon the public's fascination - nay, obsession - with condemnation, so they dig in the dirt.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:35 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This shit sick.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:35 pm
CPFitz14

Seriously. You publicly accuse and NBA star of sexually assaulting you. You are taking an NBA star to court. Do you really expect to just get no attention? I mean honestly, how can someone be that stupid.

And on top of that, I'm going to go ahead and guess that Kobe has to deal with that stuff all the time. He just doesn't whine.

This stuff pisses me off.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:20 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

CPFitz14 wrote:
Seriously. You publicly accuse and NBA star of sexually assaulting you. You are taking an NBA star to court. Do you really expect to just get no attention? I mean honestly, how can someone be that stupid.

And on top of that, I'm going to go ahead and guess that Kobe has to deal with that stuff all the time. He just doesn't whine.

Hmmm, maybe she "publicly accused" him of sexual assault because he sexually assaulted her and the fact that she would get publicity did not enter into the equation. Just a thought.

Poor Kobe, he has to deal with "that stuff" all the time. He is also a multi-millionaire. If he didn't want that sort of publicity he shouldn't have put himself in that position (whether he is guilty or not.) Fuck him. And yes, he does whine.

It pisses you off that someone who was (allegedly) sexually assaulted wants some privacy? Fuck you.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:25 am
MYOWNCLICHE

[quote="CPFitz14"]Seriously. You publicly accuse and NBA star of sexually assaulting you. You are taking an NBA star to court. Do you really expect to just get no attention.[/quot!!

It doesn't matter who the *(@* he is, sexual assult is sexual assult!!
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:28 am
CPFitz14

Sexual assault is sexual assault.

However, there is no way in hell that she didn't realize that she would get attention drawn towards her; not that she was looking for attention.

Oh, and I wasn't saying "Poor Kobe." I don't feel the least bit sorry for Kobe, he has put himself in the spotlight. So has she though. I feel bad that what happened to her happened, if it happened the way she said it happened.(That was a lot of happends in one sentence.:) )

-CPFitz-
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:44 am
k-deep

CPFitz14 wrote:

getting attention is an EXTREME understatement. the girl basically has a group of people who follow her around and systematically cause her to lose her job and her friendships. this to me seems very wrong. i'm not saying that it's ok for the media to follow kobe around and take pictures of him. i feel like there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

the reason i'm currently ambivalent about media privacy invasion is because in the case of the white house, i feel like not enough information is being conveyed to us. i'm not advocating that the media go follow around our political leaders and to disturb their social lives, but something has to done. the whole concept of democracy is that the people in office are serving me, the voter. when i feel like there are a good number of things that the people in office know that i am not given access to, it's an undermining of the democratic principle.

i just feel like there has to be a compromise made between the media corporations and the people who are topics of news reports. maybe something like a bill of rights for people being covered in the news. argh. i just don't know...
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:49 am
futuristxen

That girl is either crazy or very very brave. Because like someone noted, she knew something like this would happen if she came forward, but she did it anyways.

You worry though about what this does about others who may want to come forward.

I guess the message is "Don't Fuck with the NBA". It's a sick culture we've got going here.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:36 am
Don Knotts

She shows up to a rape test with a white guys seman and pubic hair in her panties...

that fuckin skank can go to hell
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:53 am
Awww mn

Don Knotts wrote:
She shows up to a rape test with a white guys seman and pubic hair in her panties...

how do you explain her blood on his shirt?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:14 am
Don Knotts

awww damn wrote:
Don Knotts wrote:

how do you explain her blood on his shirt?

Before I get into her blood on his shirt, could you explain how the rape test showed a white guys pubic hair and seman get on her panties ?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:41 am
Awww mn

just because a woman is promiscous doesn't mean she can't get raped.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:02 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

there are many sides to this,

she CRAVED attention..her psuedo suicide attemps are cries for help also .she tried to become a star..trying out for I think american idol..she wanted the fame...however
she is the Alleged Victim...she should have basic rights..but the media isnt concerned with deceny or cooth..she should be able to have normal everyday freedom's without being harrased..however Im not sure if y'all are aware but everything was all gravy when they were having vaginal sex she only said stop no or whatever she said when he put it in her culo...her shift was over when she went up to his room..she wasnt going up there to fluff his pillow
Im not sure her past sexual history should matter in this case..just because you like to have casual sex doesnt mean that any guy can just go up to her and F her
she should have been more aware of what your getting yourself into...its KOBE bryant arguably the most famous nba player right now..its not like it was Earl Boykins or some shit
also..what kinda girl gets raped then goes and fucks some other dude a day or two later..that just doesnt happen!
kobe is naive to the world he has been in a plastic bubble his whole life thats why he is caught up in this mess
Post Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:06 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next