Search
Register
Straight AIDS myth shattered?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

duke_city

Straight AIDS myth shattered?  Reply with quote  

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm

I guess they couldn't find Tommy Morrison or Magic Johnson to comment on the supposed myth.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:40 pm
tinkleDRINKER

Re: Straight AIDS myth shattered?  Reply with quote  

dallasbboy wrote:
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm

I guess they couldn't find Tommy Morrison or Magic Johnson to comment on the supposed myth.

i heard magic was clean!
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:54 pm
Billy Gnosis

Come on, tinkleDrinker. You're better than these inane one sentence replies. I'm not one to antagonize, but it's posts like yours that have completely ruined this board.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:03 pm
tinkleDRINKER

Billy Gnosis wrote:
Come on, tinkleDrinker. You're better than these inane one sentence replies. I'm not one to antagonize, but it's posts like yours that have completely ruined this board.

perhaps i should have wrote two sentences? seriously i have heard that magic is clean (HIV free), i don't know if it is true, but i was just adding... you know. i thought the article was interesting, but it did not have much content - not much that i could reply too at least. based on the information that was provided i could niether support or discredit the statements. i mean it was pretty vague, almost unitelligable.

as to your other point about my posts... For the amount of time i have been posting here (approx 2.5 years) i have posted very little and when i did post i had something to say. sure, every now and again my posts were frivolous, but wtf... that does not make me any different than anyone else around here.

but in the interest of starting a real discussion about the article what did you think? new jack!

Last edited by tinkleDRINKER on Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:21 pm
duke_city

tinkleDRINKER wrote:

perhaps i should have wrote two sentences? seriously i have heard that magic is clean (HIV free), i don't know if it is true, but i was just adding... you know.

So does this mean that the treatment that Magic he was undergoing for HIV cured him or was mis-diagnosed from the get-go?

Can you post the source where you found out he was clean?
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:26 pm
tinkleDRINKER

dallasbboy wrote:
tinkleDRINKER wrote:

perhaps i should have wrote two sentences? seriously i have heard that magic is clean (HIV free), i don't know if it is true, but i was just adding... you know.

So does this mean that the treatment that Magic he was undergoing for HIV cured him or was mis-diagnosed from the get-go?

Can you post the source where you found out he was clean?

i heard it from my bro... usually a pretty good source - i would have to inquire where he heard (or read it). anyway, our thoughts about the sitituation were the same, probably an error in the original test. anyway that is all i can really say, unless my brother weighs in w/ the source.

i'll ask him tonight
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:35 pm
JordaFi

uh, Africa?
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:38 pm
CPFitz14

I also heard that Magic Johnson didn't have AIDS anymore... could just be a rumor though.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:43 pm
duke_city

CPFitz14 wrote:
I also heard that Magic Johnson didn't have AIDS anymore... could just be a rumor though.

Well this may seem dumb but he Magic never had AIDS to begin with he had HIV, the virus that causes AIDS later on. If he no longer has HIV I wonder why it hasn't made it to the news yet. This seems like a medical breakthrough.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:53 pm
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

dallasbboy wrote:
CPFitz14 wrote:

Well this may seem dumb but he Magic never had AIDS to begin with he had HIV, the virus that causes AIDS later on. If he no longer has HIV I wonder why it hasn't made it to the news yet. This seems like a medical breakthrough.

Yes, Magic never had AIDS, thats right dallasboy, and he's not cured.

http://www.natap.org/2002/Nov/112502_2.htm

"Michelle Lopez, a community activist in NYC, asked him during the extensive question and answer period to address the misconception people have that Magic was "cured". He carefully explained that he is not cured, that HIV is not curable today, and that probably he would be on medication for HIV for the rest of his life."

Just to clarify, though I didn't say much.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:17 pm
Soul Khansenses

JordaFi wrote:
uh, Africa?

No, they don't count in this debate.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:07 pm
apeofdeath
FIRE BREATHING DRAG QUEEN

Billy Gnosis wrote:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:49 pm
daniel door

i was expecting to read an article on stds but a courtney love one came up instead. close enough i suppose.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:19 pm
Frezz

"I haven't been blind-sided like that since Magic Johnson made his announcement that he was black"
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:56 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Alright, well I guess I missed the original news story because that link changes every day.

But there definitely was an announcement made that Magic Johnson has no trace of the HIV virus anymore. It was in the news. This happened a few years ago, and then nothing else came of it.

This was a topic of discussion in the tour van.

There was no TRACE of the HIV virus in his blood. It is all so suspicious, especially the lack of follow up to that story.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:13 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next