Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Girl Emulates Laura Croft...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
Billy Gnosis



Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 1281
Location: Southern Oregon
 Reply with quote  

Jesse: I'm actually really glad you still post here. Everything you say is genuinely thought out, and even if it's short, it's still has a degree of meaning.

But anyway, if you go back and read that article I wrote 4 years ago, and see that last bit about "commercial absolution"

Back when I was an idealistic teen, and I wanted to be a serious journalist, I wanted to undertake a massive study on the way pornography works.

The largest market for porn online is for teenage girls. FACT.

Now, most of the girls you see online at teen sites are over 18, they are usually just given haircuts or are placed with props and in poses that are meant to suggest they are MUCH YOUNGER.

Where as on the other end, there is a certain percentage of sites that will take 15 yearold girls and put makeup on them, and have them airbrushed so they look slightly older - with the ultimate goal being that eventually, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Maybe it's just another crackpot theory of mine, but I haven't forgot about it, and the older I get the more I believe it.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tinkleDRINKER



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 788
 Reply with quote  

Billy Gnosis wrote:

Which must be why the European Union has banned using sexual hormones, (progesterone, estrogen) in all cattle. IT MUST BE SAFE!

Quote:



irrelevant to the point, which is not safety, but whether or not the aforementioned hormones increase physical maturation of adolescent females



Nah, you'd have to have somewhat of an intellectual capacity to understand it. No worries there.


i think that you would find me to be your intellecutual superior



Quote:


And if you have the attention span to get through it -
http://jas.fass.org/cgi/reprint/77/3/736.pdf

edit: nevermind, I'll just post the implications summary found at the end of the study, since I know you're not capable of prossessing that much information.

"The positive response of enhance ovarian follicular development demonstrates a stimulatory effect of ivermectin and provides a possible explanation for the decrease in age of puberty that has been reported. Ivermectin could affect the prepubertal heifers directly at the level of the hypothalamus or ovary, or systemically through modulation of metabolic hormones. The consequence of hastening puberty would permit more heifers to be cyclic prior to the beginning of the breeding season, thus providing an opportunity for higher pregnancy rates early in the breeding season."

Why do you think there is such demand for organic beef? Are you purposefully acting like a retard?

and I'll be posting more shortly


billy that is a very interesting article about female beef cattle - not about humans. show me a clinical study and i will believe you, but until that time you theory is only a theory and a wise man would would not talk shit about something he knows nothing about. i graduated with a degree in food science and i currently work as a biochemist for the pre-clinical safety department in global pharmaceutical company. i know a lot more about this subject than you think. there is no clinical data to support anything you are saying and that is why i called you out on it.

also i would like to point out that correlation does not imply causation, but you strike me as the type of person who is only intersted in the type of truth that severs ones ego. good day sir - i am going to lupos
peace
jay
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Andvil



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 343
Location: Morgantown, WV
 Reply with quote  

Tie-my-shoe wrote:
What do u call a row of cabbages ?
A dual cabbage way !


Am I retarded for not getting this joke?
I saw it on that page and started pronouncing it out loud, and I'm dumbfounded. It really makes me feel stupid, maybe I'm just not thinking......or maybe it's some type of obscure reference. Someone explain it to me, NOW
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pakilicious



Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Posts: 1093
Location: Earth
 Reply with quote  

Oohhhh Shiiitttt, tinkleDRINKER just crushed Billy Gnosis's Elitism Statements.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Billy Gnosis



Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 1281
Location: Southern Oregon
 Reply with quote  

That was also done with 2 minutes of research online, you're not worthy of actually typing up 3 articles from the fucking NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE that I've got in my library.

And pak, I assume you're joking.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
pakilicious



Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Posts: 1093
Location: Earth
 Reply with quote  

Billy Gnosis wrote:
That was also done with 2 minutes of research online, you're not worthy of actually typing up 3 articles from the fucking NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE that I've got in my library.

And pak, I assume you're joking.


you actually pay attention to me?
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

Billy Gnosis wrote:
Jesse: I'm actually really glad you still post here. Everything you say is genuinely thought out, and even if it's short, it's still has a degree of meaning.


thanks man, likewise


Quote:

But anyway, if you go back and read that article I wrote 4 years ago, and see that last bit about "commercial absolution"

I'll go do that, I haven't read it at all yet. I only kind of ploughed through the thread after I looked at the pictures and found that they didn't disturb me in the least.

Lara Croft is primarily an action hero. I mean, Harrison Ford wet up the panties of many a popcorn munching chick in his day, but little boys in Indie outfits don't cause alarm. That Lara Croft jammy wasn't even provocative.


Quote:

Back when I was an idealistic teen, and I wanted to be a serious journalist, I wanted to undertake a massive study on the way pornography works.

The largest market for porn online is for teenage girls. FACT.


I'm completely taken aback because that seems on its face to be the most nonsensical thing I've read on this board since God exists, but I can already see the theory that it's most likely cited to illustrate so I'd better go and do just a little bit of reading and find out where you come up with that statement.

Oh oh oh oh oh hahaha wait a second - you mean the consumers are LOOKING for teenage girls! You don't mean the porn providers are marketing TO teenage girls! Man, I'm not even going to go back and change that, I think it's hilarious how ambiguous that was, or was to me anyway. Heh, right. I have no trouble believing that. It lines up pretty well with what I look for, candidly.


Quote:

Now, most of the girls you see online at teen sites are over 18, they are usually just given haircuts or are placed with props and in poses that are meant to suggest they are MUCH YOUNGER.


Yes because it's really not hard to staff a porn shoot, and it's not worth risking jail time when you'll make just as much money not violating any statutes.


Quote:

Where as on the other end, there is a certain percentage of sites that will take 15 yearold girls and put makeup on them, and have them airbrushed so they look slightly older - with the ultimate goal being that eventually, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Maybe it's just another crackpot theory of mine, but I haven't forgot about it, and the older I get the more I believe it.


Okay wait... what's the theory? I thought you were citing facts...? I need to go read your article, maybe that'll bone me up.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

Dude, it seems like you were a little mixed up about "age of consent"

almost everywhere (although consent is quite regional) it's legal for people to have sex before it's legal for them to be depicted having sex or in a sexual context

so usually you only need to be out of high school if your partner also is, and by a particular margin of years.

But really, I don't find myself too engaged by the article or conversation linked to. I can't tell if you're saying sex is unfit for popular consumption whatsoever or if it's just really tacky to adhere it to video games. I can't really sign on to either, as a firm supporter of Dead Or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball

It pisses me off so much that the M rating details list "sexual themes" and "nudity" as reasons for the rating... but only because they're not true.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Prontoid



Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 1609
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 Reply with quote  

ON A SIDE NOT TO THE FEMALES MATURING MORE QUICKLY ARGUMENT....

sorry about the caps....ive always wondered why you Americans seem to mature a HELL of alot more quickly than us Australians for example...and im sure we're not the only ones...sure im just basing it on television really but your 12-14 yr olds generally look like our 16-18 yr olds....males and females inclusive...this has intruiged me for a long long time....
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Frezz



Joined: 09 Aug 2003
Posts: 6951
Location: Pawtucket
 Reply with quote  

Don't believe everything you see on tv.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Prontoid



Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 1609
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 Reply with quote  

cmon dude...surely Ricki Lake and Jerry Springer are accurate depictions of American life?
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Billy Gnosis



Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 1281
Location: Southern Oregon
 Reply with quote  

Jesse: The point of the article (originally) was the sexual juggernaught that became the video game industry. Written on a website that other makers of games read and posted at. Granted, all that really needs to be said is that sex sells. And up until the last couple of years, the market of video games was for kids, but now all those NES gamers are grown up, it has become (naturally) more appropriate to shift marketing schemes to appeal to a slightly older audience (males 18-25, which is currently the largest market of video games).

One of unintended consequences being, of course, that kids (the next largest audience) *will* be affected by it (note all these little girls in ultra sexy outfits).

I'm not making my point that clearly right now, I desperately need sleep and once I get a few hours I'll come back and extrapolate a little more on what I'm trying to say, my mind is just a cloud right now.

And whatever foolio's claim of being my intellectual superior....

I graduated 2 years ahead of my class as valedictorian, and have an I.Q. high enough that I don't even tell it to people because I wouldn't be believed.

Oh well, that's all of my time that dude gets anyway.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:09 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy Gnosis



Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Posts: 1281
Location: Southern Oregon
 Reply with quote  

Pronto: Thanks for the topographical logic. Looking from the outside in (or from the top looking down) can show things much more clearly than looking from the inside out.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tinkleDRINKER



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 788
 Reply with quote  

Billy Gnosis wrote:
That was also done with 2 minutes of research online, you're not worthy of actually typing up 3 articles from the fucking NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE that I've got in my library.

And pak, I assume you're joking.


dude, what is your problem with me?

you know what don't type them out just tell me the volume, page and first author and i will do a medline search for these"supposed" articles. i don't want any e-beef... i geuss i just don't understand what you are so angry about. i just think that you are wrong in this instance.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
tinkleDRINKER



Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 788
 Reply with quote  

seriously buddy post the source and i will give the articles serious considseration. i appologize if i have offended you in any way.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:41 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon