Search
Register
birth control and cancer
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

pav

wearing a condom isn't the greatest protection against pregnancy.

it might be fulfilling responsibility by always wearing protection, but it doesn't mean its' teh safest way to go.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:08 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

A aviator wrote:
killedbysharks wrote:

what is going to happen when HE forgets to take the pill, whats he gonna say, "im sorry you got pregnant, it cant be all that bad" Nah fuck that. I am motivated to take my pill every night cause i would rather die than deal with that nightmare.
My body, my vagina, my responsibility.

I agree. It's important to take responsibility for yourself, as a sexually active woman, yet at the same time don't you think a MAN should have some responsibility to that too? I mean sex is about pleasure. He gets pleasure out of not having to wear a condom and get his rocks off. Does anyone find pleasure in taking birthcontrol, in what ever form it is? every day or whatever. (I'm not hip to the methods b/c I've never taken it.) I can't understand why you wouldn't want the man to be just as responsible for that whole situation. I'm not saying limit his experience, but it comes down to responsiblity.
I realize there are plenty of asshole guys out there, but there are enough who wouldn't do fucked up shit like that and can be responsible. But i can totally understand why someone would want to have control of whether she became pregnant or not without wanting to rely on her partner.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:13 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

pav wrote:

it might be fulfilling responsibility by always wearing protection, but it doesn't mean its' teh safest way to go.
Did anyone on here say it was?
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:13 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

pav wrote:

anythings better then nothing...
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:26 pm
name

i saw a fascinating lecture by a female physician who compellingly agrues that what is even more unnatural than birth control pills is women experiencing their period for 30+ years uninterrupted. i wish i remembered her name... she's seems to be the expert on this stuff.

the arguement goes: women are evolutionarily wired to conceive at a relatively early age and to only have their period for short spans of time until menopause. there's quite a bit of evidence that women get pregnant at a late age and never have a "period beak" suffer a disproportionate level of various diseases. she actually recommends some moderate use of the pill in all women who might fall into this category.

mainly, i think its pretty cool how she logically dismantles the arguements of so called femininsts who, she says, are inadvertently doing more harm than good.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:30 pm
killedbysharks

A aviator wrote:
killedbysharks wrote:

what is going to happen when HE forgets to take the pill, whats he gonna say, "im sorry you got pregnant, it cant be all that bad" Nah fuck that. I am motivated to take my pill every night cause i would rather die than deal with that nightmare.

I agree. It's important to take responsibility for yourself, as a sexually active woman, yet at the same time don't you think a MAN should have some responsibility to that too? I mean sex is about pleasure. He gets pleasure out of not having to wear a condom and get his rocks off. Does anyone find pleasure in taking birthcontrol, in what ever form it is? every day or whatever. (I'm not hip to the methods b/c I've never taken it.) I can't understand why you wouldn't want the man to be just as responsible for that whole situation. I'm not saying limit his experience, but it comes down to responsiblity.

your logic seems to be that i am doing this for my man. The fact is I control the situation. I am the one who decided to take birth control cause I GET MORE PLEASURE OUT OF IT. Penises feel good, condoms dont. And i know other women can also feel the difference. It would be a lot easier if i could switch off my fertility magically whenever i wanted, but for now i will just use the pill. NO BIG DEAL. I AM HAPPY
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:16 pm
pav

the mean wrote:
pav wrote:

Did anyone on here say it was?

some were making it a point that men should also ttake part in teh responsibility of birth controll

and as far as i know, condoms and celebacy are the only ways for men to prevent birth control..

and since teh popular choice of male responsibility is the condom, it is understandable that women end up shoulderign the burden of prevention by using birth control, since it is much more definite against pregnancy. i'm sure most women prefer that assurance over the male responsibility of a condom.

men birth control pills haven't made their way to the us yet and it'll eb a while before they're put to use.

but taht's why imade this post.. becuase women prefer birth control for many reasons.. and it just sucks that it can't be full proof against other things, even more shitty like cancer.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:00 pm
A aviator

killedbysharks wrote:
A aviator wrote:
killedbysharks wrote:

your logic seems to be that i am doing this for my man. The fact is I control the situation. I am the one who decided to take birth control cause I GET MORE PLEASURE OUT OF IT. Penises feel good, condoms dont. And i know other women can also feel the difference. It would be a lot easier if i could switch off my fertility magically whenever i wanted, but for now i will just use the pill. NO BIG DEAL. I AM HAPPY

Your right. I am NOT necessarily speaking about you. I am speaking about casual sex, which I don't really want to get into the who has casual sex and who's having sex w/ one person regularly. There is an unspoken level of commitment and responsibility in that. So I guess that comment came out wrong. I am talking about women who do it for MEN.
For me it relates to the many responsibilities that women are expected to take on.
I agree w/ you penis is great and there is a major difference. I'm not saying there isn't. In fact I think condoms should be outlawed, for the feeling reason, so men should have a different form of birthcontrol. Condoms just cause problems too.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:05 pm
Machiavel

last i checked condoms were pretty good at preventing pregnancy. with 'correct' use they are 97% effective.

anyhow there are alot more choices for women as far as birth control goes (hormonal) , the 'pill' (estrogen / progestrin) minipill 'progestrin' and dep (shot) are all the most effective.

none of them are 'perfect' but if you have a problem with one, perhaps you should try another. Assuming you are sexually active.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:54 am
A aviator

Machiavel wrote:
last i checked condoms were pretty good at preventing pregnancy. with 'correct' use they are 97% effective.

anyhow there are alot more choices for women as far as birth control goes (hormonal) , the 'pill' (estrogen / progestrin) minipill 'progestrin' and dep (shot) are all the most effective.

none of them are 'perfect' but if you have a problem with one, perhaps you should try another. Assuming you are sexually active.

Did you read the thread? my point here is that in a perfect world, women wouldn't have to be the ones to alter their HORMONES (and risk unknown sideeffects, cancer, etc.) in order to have tons of sex and not continue to populate the planet w/ stupid people.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:06 am
themanifestdestiny

so, do you kids all take steroids too?

go lift some weights
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:15 pm
Noisetonepause

I don't like not wearing condoms unless I'm perfectly sure where she's been... you know... It's not about kids cos if it does happen there's away around it (prevention being infinitely better, naturally) but if you get AIDS, you're fucked.

-Paws
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3