Search
Register
birth control and cancer
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

dorkasaurus

killedbysharks wrote:
i think id rather take my risks with the cancer. Its probably not as bad as growing little demons inside my godforsaken body.

anyhow, i hope the rest of the girls stay cancer, and baby free.

birth control is good, fuck condoms, fuck babies and fuck cancer.

peace out

c'mon tell us how you really feel, don't hold back. cancer bad, kiddies worse. i see what you're saying, they really are an epidemic. i see kids everywhere. and if you have them there's no treatment or cure. it's sad really.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:06 am
pav

yea it seems that hte general concensus amongst young ladies is that the lesser risk of the chance of a cancerous pill is better than the heightened risk of babies with the use of condoms..

which is very reasonable

babies are cool though.

how long has birth control been out anyway? i remember hearing george carlin doing a piece on birth control on a cd put out in the early 70's.. he talked about how in 20 years you'd be able to buy it at genovese and it would have fun names like "INCONCEIVABLE".. you'd think that in the last 20 years they would have cut out the downsides and bad side effects of birth control.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:50 am
PaigeMaster6

they have come up with different dosage's of the hormones in the pill...that is one advantage that is recent.

the pill has never really fucked with my period's, but it has fucked with my head. the pill makes me fucking crazy. seriously. i've tried it 3 different times. the last time was last year around this time. in my head i knew how i was acting and things i was saying were wrong, but i couldn't stop it. i called my mother at one point and was like 'i'm going fucking crazy. i can feel it taking over.' the pill has SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many disadvantage's that i would rather get pregnant than be on that shit.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:06 am
MYOWNCLICHE

PaigeMaster6 wrote:
i would rather get pregnant than be on that shit.

Think about what you are saying, are you ready to give up atleast the next 18yrs of your life to raise a kid!
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:34 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

This is one of the better discussions on this board. Probably because it is dominated by ladies.

Birth control options all suck. I could never ask a girlfriend to take any sort of drug to be able to have sex with me. It is hella (my CA roots) invasive. I had a girl who had that same experience of the pill making her crazy. It was tough. I dated someone with an IUD once. Her choice, but i would never do something like that to my body, plus i could feel it when we fucked. Condoms are no fun, but are the least invasive. I just feel lame pulling out immediately after i finish. My girl now is being paid $5K to try out some new version of the pill that is supposed to be much better. The only side effect so far is that she has lost a bit of appetite and lost about 5 pounds. If that continues she'll have to stop, but we'll see.

I think once i have had a kid or two i'll consider getting my tubes tied and not have to worry about it.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:46 am
Jesse

Re: womanosis  Reply with quote  

themanifestdestiny wrote:
Menstruation is wrong and evil. Until you're off the pill and find that you can no longer menstruate. Early menopause save us all. There are plenty of perfectly safe ways to not have babies. I'm firmly against the pill. And firmly for midwifes.

Dear Stupid,

(1) Birth control pills do not prevent a woman's period

(2) Midwives are not a method of birth control.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:25 pm
Jesse

Netsmad wrote:
Plus, they've probably had the technology to make a male version of the pill for ages, and haven't, just because.

you're wrong. they're working on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/mens/rel_sex_pill.shtml
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:27 pm
Jesse

pav wrote:
how long has birth control been out anyway? i remember hearing george carlin doing a piece on birth control on a cd put out in the early 70's.. he talked about how in 20 years you'd be able to buy it at genovese and it would have fun names like "INCONCEIVABLE".. you'd think that in the last 20 years they would have cut out the downsides and bad side effects of birth control.

(1) The early 70s was thirty years ago

(2) They have changed the makeup of birth control pills considerably since they were introduced. Most of the lingering hysteria (which I had no idea was still so pervasive amongst young north americans) is left over from obsolete sex education. It seems to me that the main reason they haven't eliminated it absolutely is that you can't prove that something doesn't cause cancer unless nobody who uses it ever gets cancer again forever, and unless it actively prevents cancer, that's impossible.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:30 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

there is a new pill out were you only have a period every three months.

dorkasaurus, I like your name
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:36 pm
killedbysharks

the mean..

thats cool that your girlfriend is doing that. Also condoms ruin the sexual experience, so as long as i have a steady boyfriend (STD free), im happy on the pill

To other people on this thread
Who cares that it is a womans responsibility. Im not complaining. Plus i dont want to have to rely on a MAN. what is going to happen when HE forgets to take the pill, whats he gonna say, "im sorry you got pregnant, it cant be all that bad" Nah fuck that. I am motivated to take my pill every night cause i would rather die than deal with that nightmare.
My body, my vagina, my responsibility.

also..I dont feel any crazier on birth control than not on it. My periods are just as regular as ever. I Use to have horrible mood swings all day long, but i dont really any more, not to say it is related to birth control, but just to make the argument that it isnt fucking with my hormones at all.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:16 pm
dorkasaurus

killedbysharks wrote:

what is going to happen when HE forgets to take the pill, whats he gonna say, "im sorry you got pregnant, it cant be all that bad" Nah fuck that. I am motivated to take my pill every night cause i would rather die than deal with that nightmare.

i understand when people don't like or want children, but you seem to have a particular aversion to the little buggers. care to share the reasons?
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:08 pm
killedbysharks

[quote="dorkasaurus"]
killedbysharks wrote:

what is going to happen when HE forgets to take the pill, whats he gonna say, "im sorry you got pregnant, it cant be all that bad" Nah fuck that. I am motivated to take my pill every night cause i would rather die than deal with that nightmare.

i understand when people don't like or want children, but you seem to have a particular aversion to the little buggers. care to share the reasons?[/quote

thats just the way it goes for me, dear.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:29 am
WoodlandHobo

i love children.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:57 am

tr3nt0n

It seems like sex is a pretty popular thing, eh?
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:06 am
A aviator

killedbysharks wrote:

I agree. It's important to take responsibility for yourself, as a sexually active woman, yet at the same time don't you think a MAN should have some responsibility to that too? I mean sex is about pleasure. He gets pleasure out of not having to wear a condom and get his rocks off. Does anyone find pleasure in taking birthcontrol, in what ever form it is? every day or whatever. (I'm not hip to the methods b/c I've never taken it.) I can't understand why you wouldn't want the man to be just as responsible for that whole situation. I'm not saying limit his experience, but it comes down to responsiblity.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:54 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next