Search
Register
therapy
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

open

therapy  Reply with quote  

has anyone taken any therapy sessions? if so, did you feel like it helped you in some way or another? or did you think it was bullshit? this is really an open-ended question, so feel free to share stories if you have any.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:59 am
Hero

Yeah i did when my parents got divorced, i was only like 9 but i knew it was bullshit. It was an sweet excuss to get out of school for a few hours and have my mom buy me lunch. It may work for some people but i'll never go again, waste of time and money.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:02 am
open

Hero wrote:
Yeah i did when my parents got divorced, i was only like 9 but i knew it was bullshit. It was an sweet excuss to get out of school for a few hours and have my mom buy me lunch. It may work for some people but i'll never go again, waste of time and money.

how old are you now? I heard that it won't really work if you don't have an open mind. would you say you had an open mind at the time? Do you think you approached it from the beginning like it was BS?
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:12 am
rlorg

I went to see a drug and alcohol counselor for about a year finally leading up to me checking myself into rehab. I been sober four years now.

Shit saved my life.

It's weird paying someone to listen to you, but sometimes it is a good and/or neccessary thing.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:14 am
Frezz

It's all bullshit to me. How can someone who doesn't even know me help me? It's not like they actually care about you... they care about the check you write them.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:08 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

when i was in 9th grade my mom made me go to counseling because i didnt get along with my stepdad of the time AT ALL
fist fights and all that stuff

no it didnt do anything
its all up to the person really if you go in there being openminded and by your free will(that usually helps)

now that im older though i sometimes think it would be nice to have someone just to spill your guts out to and know that they cant tell anybody anything....
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:14 am
Doctrine

Buncha Freaks...
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

religous fruitcake :P
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:57 pm
Doctrine

At least I wasn't in therapy

*Pllllllllllll (that was a farting noise with my tongue, also known' as a rasberry)*

"Neener neener neeeeeeeeeneeeeeeer!"
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

im pretty sure you need more then anyone thats posted in this thread so far...
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:02 pm
Doctrine

hahahaaaaaa...

Jesus is my crutch...er....therapy...
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:15 pm
MessiahCarey

I tried it.

The dude was an uneducated fuck who didn't have any idea how to connect with someone over an 8th grade reading level. That was last summer, and it amounted to one of the most horrible experiences of my life.

- Shane
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Hero

[quote="open
how old are you now? I heard that it won't really work if you don't have an open mind. would you say you had an open mind at the time? Do you think you approached it from the beginning like it was BS?[/quote]

I'm 22 now, i don't know how i would be if i went in now. I have a hard time telling some of my bestfriends my problems let alone perfect strangers. Recently I've been contemplating checking myself into rehab, i need to get off painkillers and drasticly cut down on drinking. I'm just nervous of the whole ordeal, but it's something i need to do. Well if i do check in i'll try to go with an open mind and let you know what's up after.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:17 pm
Doctrine

Man, you don't need therapy, you need willpower and conviction...

In your case therapy is only flushing your money down the toilet for a guy to give you confidence that you probably could get yourself...
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:31 pm
Confidential

My mom used to drag me to family sessions on ocassion. They are most effective when you and your couselor work out a plan with specific actions to overcome whatever it is you are stressin.

willpower and conviction are a good start but not enough to overcome an addiction. Especially since there are other problems that go along with addiction that have nothing to do with willpower.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next