Profile
Search
Register
Log in
kerry pro-israel?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

rlorg wrote:

I don't think that Islam leads its followers to violence anymore than Christianity does.



Currently this is completely untrue I can give you 3000 reasons why. I'm not trying to point the blame at Islam at all but when there is specific scripture that exists like this surely you can you can see how easy terrorists rationalize their behavior?

Surah 5:33 - "Those that make war against Allah and his apostle and spread disorders in the land shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or shall be banished from the country."


Those verses I quoted earlier act as a violence catalyst. The Muslim faith claims to be peacful and I'm sure many of them are but damn! Did you read those versus straight from the Koran?

Its almost like a suicide and terror guidebook.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

Heh, I know some muslims who would object to you calling their holy book a "terrorist guidebook."

The bible has just as much bullshit in it.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Doctrine



Joined: 05 Apr 2003
Posts: 4626
Location: ATL, Livin' Swell
 Reply with quote  

^^^

Man...You are really trying to jerk my chain aren't you...I'll digress for now...

I wanna post in a more introspective manner when I get home from work...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rlorg



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 474
 Reply with quote  

Man come on...
I've studied that terrorist manual, and that's a real mischaracterization of it.

The violence in the Koran has got nothing on the violence in the Old Testement.

Of course there are passages that could be interpreted to support terrorism. But there are those in the Bible and the Torah too.

Think about this. In 620, Muhammad was born. By 800, the Islamic world had built an empire to rival the the Romans. By 1000, when Europe was in shambles, Muslims were building a civilization with some of the most sophisticated legal traditions in history, with the most advanced math, science and philosophy of the period, of beautiful architecture, etc. A brilliant empire and civilization, tolerant of Jews and Christians in a way completely foriegn to any Christian empire before or since, militarily strong, beating and rebuffing the armies of Christendom over and over in the Crusades. This lasted until basically the middle of the 1800's.

Now, a mere century later, they're reduced to colonies, run by corrupt despots, and beaten totally by a country a fraction of their size. They're marginalized by western culture, western political structures, etc.

That is why terrorism happens. It's cultural. Not religious.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:
Heh, I know some muslims who would object to you calling their holy book a "terrorist guidebook."

The bible has just as much bullshit in it.


Care to provide some?

The Old Testement is in fact the most genocidal book in existance, however it pertains very little to Christianity.

You will find no such verses in the New Testement, I beg of you to prove me wrong.

Brian
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rlorg



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 474
 Reply with quote  

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

That verse could pretty easily be interpreted to mean some pretty bad things, huh? There are others.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Doctrine



Joined: 05 Apr 2003
Posts: 4626
Location: ATL, Livin' Swell
 Reply with quote  

rlorg wrote:
"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

That verse could pretty easily be interpreted to mean some pretty bad things, huh? There are others.


It could be misinterpreted to mean some pretty bad things...The pivital word in that statement is "sword"...And what he means by it...
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rlorg



Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 474
 Reply with quote  

Doctrine wrote:
^^^

I think us trying to DEFINE stuff is ultimately pointless...So much is about perspective...
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Doctrine



Joined: 05 Apr 2003
Posts: 4626
Location: ATL, Livin' Swell
 Reply with quote  

I see your point...And it was well made....

Still though...Defining in THAT situation I think is pointless...
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reason



Joined: 24 Apr 2003
Posts: 198
Location: Cincinnati
 Reply with quote  

Mojo the helper monkey wrote:
I'm not sure if you will find it biased, but I kind of like On The Issues


That site isnt bad, but is kind of confusing.

This site breaks it down for the commoner.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/special/president/issues/index.html

This is a great source.

Peace.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Reason



Joined: 24 Apr 2003
Posts: 198
Location: Cincinnati
 Reply with quote  

I totally see where the people who are committing acts of terrorism against the US are coming from.
Immortal Technique says it well in "the cause of death"
"You act like America wouldnt destroy two buildings,
in a country that was sponsoring bombs dropped on our children."

"They dubbed the tape of Osama, and said it was proof.
Jealous of our freedom? I can't believe you bought that excuse!"

I just like the second line.

These attacks are not unprovoked.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message
One



Joined: 04 Jul 2002
Posts: 1706
 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:

The Palestinians kill innocent women and children, just as the Israelis do.



NO! palestinians TERRORISTS kill mothersfuckers, not palestinians. this is the fucked up bush mentality im talkin about. so just because the 9/11 terrorists were arab it gives you the right to kill all arabs?? fuck outta here.

israeli terrorists arent killing palestinians. their government is. their military forces are. shit went so far that 20 some israeli fighterpilots RESIGNED because they refused to bomb the civilian targets they were instructed to.

you cant mention one terror act that harmed civilians that the palestinian "government" endorsed, applauded or not condemnded.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:08 am
 View user's profile Send private message
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

One wrote:
djdee2005 wrote:

The Palestinians kill innocent women and children, just as the Israelis do.



NO! palestinians TERRORISTS kill mothersfuckers, not palestinians. this is the fucked up bush mentality im talkin about. so just because the 9/11 terrorists were arab it gives you the right to kill all arabs?? fuck outta here.

israeli terrorists arent killing palestinians. their government is. their military forces are. shit went so far that 20 some israeli fighterpilots RESIGNED because they refused to bomb the civilian targets they were instructed to.

you cant mention one terror act that harmed civilians that the palestinian "government" endorsed, applauded or not condemnded.


How are you able to make the distinction between a governments actions and the peoples?

The people elect their officials to represent them. The people of any given democratic country ARE one in the same with their political/military actions.

Theres no way to separate the two, like it or not the US, Israel and Palestine are all Terrorist nations.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
One



Joined: 04 Jul 2002
Posts: 1706
 Reply with quote  

what? what is your point?
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Anti.Agent036



Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Posts: 900
Location: Gilbert, AZ
 Reply with quote  

"what's wrong with being pro-israel"?


are you kidding me? it's not necessarily the question of being pro-israel, but pro-Ariel Sharon. He is a war criminal that has participated in several massacres such as jenin, sabra, and shatila. & it's true, 9/11-like events are going to occur as long as the U.S. keeps economically and militarily aiding israel with billions ever year (israel gets more aid than any other nation, more than the continent of africa for gods sake). one of bin Ladeds most important reasons for attacks are b/c he believes that muslims around the world are suffering at the hands of the United States and Israel. one of the incentives behind his so-called "justified murder of civilians" is the treatment of Palestinians by the state of Israel. the most immediate task in curbing terror lies in an evenhanded resolution of the Israel/Palestinian conflict, not aiding israel to continually construct illegal settlements on palestinian land, or provide them with more weapons (as if they didnt have enough) to fight a people who have no weapons, therefore turn to suicide bombings (then they cry "look, those arabs are still doing these suicide bombing, terrorists", what the fuck do you expect?). PALESTINIANS ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE UP! Israelis are just as hardheaded, so settle it evenly, & stop the full support to israel!
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon