Search
Register
kerry pro-israel?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Doctrine

It just seems that the ultimate idea of ANYTHING that goes on is for the goal of power...I have a personal philosophy that no matter WHAT anyone does in life positive or negative, they go about doing so subconsciously or consciously for the sake of immortality...Think about that...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MC Pope

Terrorism isn't defined by the motive behind it. The goal is irrelevant. Whatever the goal is, if you use intimidation (ie. the threat of violence) to try and advance that goal, then, by definition, that's terrorism. Killing the president and taking over the country isn't terrorism. Kidnapping the president, and saying 'I'll kill him if McDonald's doesn't stop putting pickles on cheeseburgers' is terrorism.

Back to Arafat: I'm sure no one asks him for approval. But nonetheless, he's probably the only man on Earth who could stop the terrorism, if he wanted to. He allows it to continue.

Last edited by MC Pope on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:05 pm
Doctrine

We had a hallway in our house and I'd always hide in the bathroom when my sister was walking down it...I'd jump out, "RAAAAAAA!" screaming at her making her jump...I was mommy's little terrorist...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
One

again, you overestimate the ape. arafat cant do shit because he doesnt run shit. palestines arent united. arabs arent united. they work in small fractions, against the same target, but none of them cooperating. why do you think the entire arab world lost three (not one, not two, but fuckin THREE) wars against a country with 6 million inhabitats?

again, arafat aint shit, cant do shit, and most probably will never achieve any goals for the palestine. fuck an arafat.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:22 pm
duke_city

rlorg wrote:
Right, they had motives, in the same way the DC sniper had motives or John Wayne Gacy had motives.

Their motives are rooted in hate and betrayal. They wish revenge and destruction. They're not trying to win something back that was taken from them or to win a specific goal.

(edited for spelling)

Well what you and me consider a reward is totally different than a Jihad martyr does. They believe that they are rewarded in the afterlife if they kill themselves for their cause.

Take a look at some of these Koran verses.

The Koran tells Muslims not to "kill or destroy yourselves" (Surah 4:29) but only when doing so is outside the cause of Allah. Dying for Allah is not viewed as a waste of life.

Surah 3:157: "If ye are slain, or die, in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass."

"Companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes ... virgin-pure and undefiled" just as the Muslim prophet Muhammad promised in the Koran (Surah 56:22,35-36).

"Soon will he guide them and improve their condition," he continues in Surah 47:5, "and admit them to the Garden (of Paradise), which he has announced for them."

And look at Surah 4:74: "To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah whether he is slain or gets victory soon shall we give him a reward of great (value)."

The terrorist mind is impossible for us to comprehend, but you can see how these verses can lead them along.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:28 pm
Doctrine

One wrote:
again, you overestimate the ape. arafat cant do shit because he doesnt run shit. palestines arent united. arabs arent united. they work in small fractions, against the same target, but none of them cooperating. why do you think the entire arab world lost three (not one, not two, but fuckin THREE) wars against a country with 6 million inhabitats?

That's a really good arguement...

I think I'm with you on this one...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:29 pm
MC Pope

Sure, he doesn't run shit. But I'm willing to bet he has enough information, and could command enough force, to shut down any of the major palestinian terrorist groups if he chose to.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:38 pm
Doctrine

MC Pope John Paul II wrote:
Sure, he doesn't run shit. But I'm willing to bet he has enough information, and could command enough force, to shut down any of the major palestinian terrorist groups if he chose to.

Alright...Now you are just reaching holmes...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:41 pm
rlorg

See now you're making it a religious thing.
That's a whole other discussion.

I don't think that Islam leads its followers to violence anymore than Christianity does.

In fact, Christianity has a much more violent history that Islam does.

I don't think modern Islamic fundamentalism and the terrorism of Bin Laden actually has much really to do with the Islamic faith. I think they pervert it and play on the the severe political, cultural and social disenfranchisement of the Islamic world.

A good book on this is The Battle for God by Karen Armstrong.
It parallels the modern fundamentalist movements in the three Abrahamic religions. It's amazing how similar they are, not in scope but in origin and purpose.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:42 pm
One

MC Pope John Paul II wrote:

right duke.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:44 pm
MC Pope

Meh. Face it ... he's an ineffective leader, but he's still powerful enough to stop this. He chooses not to, which is why he'll never achieve any kind of positive outcome for his people.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:02 pm
Doctrine

I really feel like mabye it was just meant to be with this conflict in the middle east...I mean it's been going on FOREVER...It seems futile to ever even stop it...I usually don't think in such a manner...But it seems like it couldn't ever desist...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:09 pm
Dee

I don't buy this whole palestinians-are-in-the-right thing.
I'm certainly not a fan of Israel's actions in that area.
But its not like you can undo the creation of israel now.

The Palestinians kill innocent women and children, just as the Israelis do.

They are both killing each other. I don't see how you can argue that the Palestinians are "good guys" in this equation.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:11 pm
rlorg

I don't think anyone's arguing the palestinians are the good guys. At least I'm certainly not. There are no good guys, not in this situation.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:14 pm
Doctrine

It's two groups being prideful in a situation that should be taking place with righteous action...
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:15 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next