Search
Register
Stopped at the border. The fuckers took my prints.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Jesse

FireFly wrote:
Jesse, I thought that science was something that you believed in. Ever heard of something called "The peacekeeping law" or "The law of limited competition"? Anyway, doesn't matter. I guess I gotta fight this battle without you, hehe.

Yeah, but science is a process though, not a set of facts.

But okay, if that's all you were talking about, never mind my cynical retort. You just sounded kinda... romantic for a second there. ^_^
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:29 pm
Xoe

My er friend got stopped from entering the US for a holiday a few years ago because he had a criminal record for posession from about 15 years ago. All the way to the US, only to be told to go home again. Aah well.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:31 pm
Drunken Friar

This country has the right to refuse people entrance into this country. Was your record for drug trafficking and connection to organized crome comitted in the US? We have laws in this country. If you fail to obey them, you lose your rights. Simple as that.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:57 pm
Ryan

it sounds to me like you got played..

next time puff your chest out and tell them what's up..

seriously.

make a scene if you have to.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:15 pm
A aviator

Ryan wrote:

seriously.

^^^ absolutely true.

I'm gald this thread turned into a "defend the USA's fucked up parading of laws" forum. what the fuck is the point of that.

We all know it's wrong what they did to you firefly.

You need to find out what your rights are bro. All who either live in the US or visit it should know what your rights are. Obviously coming down for a show isn't just crossing the boarder like it was pre 911. Its totally fucked up. This country has taken away more of our rights and replaced them with fucked up laws thru the patriot act. Think of how they're gonna treat someone from another country. It's totaly unfair but worth the knowledge so you don't get into more trouble for trying to cross the boarder. I'm sorry to hear about this, its fucked. I'd stay out too.

What are you doing about the whole situation? Is there some resources in Canada you can find out thru if you acutally can come back? That's what I'd want to know.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:22 pm
Adrift

that's definately fucked. in vermont, its no problem to get accross the border to canada... its the trip back that's a pain in the god damned ass... anyone who hasn't already you should peep the Immortal Technique album "Revolutionary Vol. 2" i donno how old is it but i was turned onto it a few months ago. . . . the inside cover art shows many gov't figures including bin laden with slugs in random parts of their bodies... bush behind the desk with his pile of coke

anyone aware of the possibility (unfortunately i dont have the proof to say 'fact') but.. the Bin Laden family is responsible for building pretty much all of our military bases overseas... esp. Asia

i believe the people of our generation (no disrespect to sage being much older) but even within the hiphop generations... but we are going to see either a non-violent or violent... probably the latter... revolution of our country.... the american military against the american population. they want to ability to have us idenfyable (tense?) within a matter of seconds... and be able to freely enter whoever's residence they please? FUCK THAT.... Makeshift Patriot has got to be the song of the century.. coming into a new one that is.... to boldly put things how they really are. Thank you sage.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:50 pm
Rhino

It'll never happen. The middle class is to lazy and complacent. They are too happy with their houses and SUV's and believe anything that is on the 5:00 news to be concerned with revolution.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:53 pm
MessiahCarey

Yes, Drunken Friar, the country has a right to do whatever it wants.

And people have a right to, as a result of those things that it does indiscriminately, think of said nation as a pack of assholes. I don't want that. Whether I care or not, I am a citizen of this country by the very laws you hold dear - so you have no choice but to allow me that right. Lovely little planet, isn't it, when situations fit so nicely into these laws?

Mmmm. "Excuse me, Ms. Gore - Could you pass the morality, please?"

I don't know. We don't see eye to eye on this, but I ain't mad atcha.

- Shane
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:55 pm
firefly

Ryan wrote:

seriously.

You're right dude. I wished I had the balls to of done that. Or rather, a second to rationally think about the situation. I would of been like: "K, they can't keep me here forever, probably not even over night so I'll refuse." But when you're in situations like that you don't always think so clearly. We all say "Oh you should of told that fucker off" or whatever but it's a little harder when in that situation.

A Aviator - i'm gonna seek some free legal advice at my sister's University and if I have a case I will make a stink. I have their names at least. I can come back if I want to but it'll cost me more than it is worth.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:53 pm
duke_city

You come here complaining about the US border laws, but its the Canadian laws you broke earlier that are preventing you passage into the US.

You deserve what you got holmes.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:08 pm
Ryan

FireFly wrote:
Ryan wrote:

seriously.

You're right dude. I wished I had the balls to of done that. Or rather, a second to rationally think about the situation. I would of been like: "K, they can't keep me here forever, probably not even over night so I'll refuse." But when you're in situations like that you don't always think so clearly. We all say "Oh you should of told that fucker off" or whatever but it's a little harder when in that situation.

you're right. they really do put pressure on you and exploit younger ppl 'cause they KNOW they're not going to be familiar with the most efficient way to get out of that situation and cross into the US..

i see it alot living so close to the Canada/Maine border..

everytime i go to Quebec City it's a breeze..
coming back tho? it can get pretty nuts.
(altho i have had a couple shitty experiences going into Canada, but not even comparable to coming back)
one time when coming back with my Dad, his fiance, and my brother, we got our whole car searched.. this was a family and shit.. and they looked under every pillow blanket and bag in the vehicle..

they never attempted to fingerprint us or nothing, but they did request social security #'s b4.. which my pops promptly told them they're not getting..
he straight up said, look, here's my driver's license.. this is me.. either i'm gonna come back thru this border and go the fuck home, or i'm coming back with reenforcements. ha.

i was impressed.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:43 pm
twelve15

excellrec wrote:
Good news is..... who fucking cares if they have your fingerprints.
sure maybe it was unpleasant having them taken, but unless you plan to commit crimes it matters very little that they have them, and if you do plan to put they're knowledge of your fingerprints to use, then you can only blame yourself.

Where's it going to stop? Would you have a problem if they implanted a video camera into your forehead? I mean, you're not planning on committing any crimes, you're probably not going to get into trouble - why would it matter at all? They're not going to interrupt your social life...

Do you mind if we put a chip underneath your skin? It'll track where you're at, what you're buying, when you're jerking off...but I mean you're not going to get into trouble so why should you bother protesting?
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:51 am
A aviator

[quote="

A Aviator - i'm gonna seek some free legal advice at my sister's University and if I have a case I will make a stink. I have their names at least. I can come back if I want to but it'll cost me more than it is worth.[/quote]

GOOD, I am really glad to hear that. Especially if it's free!!! I don't really understand why you'd have to pay to get into the country, maybe you could ask about that...... and let us know.
peace
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:47 am
Craig a.d.

The_Rhino wrote:
Im curious to know what the scenario would be for the same situation to happen but for someone coming from the US into Canada.

I can't speak for anywhere besides the Detroit to canada customs. I've gone through both ways at least 6 or 7 times.. and what I've had to deal with contradicts everything you guys have said. Going IN to canada i've had my whole car searched twice and was held there for about an hour. I've never, ever had any problem going back. In retrospect, i was only 19 then and I think Michigan was making a stink with Windsor and canada in general that they shouldn't let under-21's into Windsor just to get fucked up for the night and come back home.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:57 am
Rhino

I just read a bunch of sites that says any Canadian with a criminal record will not be allowed access to the US unless they have a special waiver. Took me all of 2 minutes to find a ton of sites on google. Maybe if you took a moment to research crossing borders, you wouldnt of had this issue occur in the first place.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:23 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next