Search
Register
Vegetables.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

argot

2 cents  Reply with quote  

And by the way... most Americans get way too much protein... and you can get allllllllllllllllllllllllll proteins you need from vegetables... do the research.
Dietary balance was thrown out the window the minute you ingested milk and meat. And "diet has the least amount of weight for our longevity as a species????" Oh, well that's odd that cattle companies are tearing and burning down acres of the rainforest to grow grain for the animals they slaughter... i would think that has something not only to do with the longevity of our species, but the longevity of our planet. And the etended life thing... It's almost impossible for a vegan to have a heart attack/cloggedartery/or heart disease. Why?????? BECAUSE cholesterol comes from MEAT and DAIRY. Goodnight...
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:16 am
Ace2896

This is my second year being vegan. I went vegan because I had 10 friends that were vegan and after hearing every argument against eating animal products every single day of your life, you're just sort of convinced.
Almond milk is way better than any alternative milk.
Soy delicious is the best "ice cream"... tofutti cuties are a close second.
Even if you do worry about sugar, its just as easy to purchase "un-refined" sugar as is to buy granulated sugar.
Liquified lecithin makes a great egg substitute, and so do bananas. Try using 1 banana and 1/4 cup alternative milk instead of 2 eggs in a batch of brownies. I swear to doG they will be the best brownies you ever eat.
As for the whole nutrition thing:
Its easy enough to find a multivitamin that fullfills all the lacking nutrients such as:
b12, D, A, calcium, and iron.
BUT what they lack are amino acids. And you CAN find all your necessary protein from "liquid aminos". I'm not sure if they are a nation-wide brand, but "Bragg Liquid Aminos" are the best! It tastes kind of like soy sauce, but different enough in flavor to be put on any sort of vegetable matter and have it taste good. I put the stuff on popcorn, salads, pasta, soup, alternative meats, hell, just about anything. 1/2 tsp is enough protein for one day (on a 2,000Calorie diet, that is).
In regards the whole music thing, my friends that got me into it listened to "punk rock". Whereas my folk loving hippy friends are all vegetarians, and not "vegan".
I know I haven't been a veg all that long, but I can not imagine eating meat ever again.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:32 am
ImTheDevil

ok guys
your starting to turn me
ive been slowly lossing my appitite for meat in general

my girl friend has been ragging on me for almost for years now
i know im gonna get a big " i told you so"

peace
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:56 pm
duke_city

Re: silliness  Reply with quote  

argot wrote:
dallasbboy, why don't you do a little research before you say something stupid again. "You need meat." okay... i believe you... i need to eat the cooked flesh of an animal... fuck you (not literally).

Listen man you better shut your fucking mouth and stop imagining things.

I NEVER said you NEED meat! Moderation is the key to being healthy! One extreme is not any better than the other. I gurantee I'll live longer than all you bitches that ruined your lives on alchohol, cigarettes, and drugs when you were teenagers and then turn all "VEGAN" to redeem your fucked up choices you made early on in life.

I am allegrgic to all forms of tree nuts therfore there is some protein which I can get no other way but red meat. Don't jump to conclusions boy cause I'll pimp you on your face son!

So in short FUCK YOU ARGOT (and take it personally)!

Brian
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:10 pm
quasifoto

DALLASBOY- "one extreme is not any better than the other"- WRONG. It's so lame to label it extreme. And in this case, health wise, environment wise and suffering wise- it is better clearly. I've never done drugs either so how are we gonna keep track of who lives longer, sounds like a fun contest. The statistics i've read all say vegetarian's (including vegans) outlive meateaters.
THINK DIFFERENT- Great Post. The whole bone thing is kinda like driving a car and hitting bugs. You do what you can. You see something is wrong and you don't support it. But you can only do your best.
I'M THE DEVIL- give it a try for a week and you'll see how easy it is. think just a week at first and go from there.
And what does pimp you on your face mean? Do you do it online or drive up to RI?
PEACE
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:32 pm
CMSienko

For whatever the hell it's worth, I'm allergic to just about every fresh fruit and vegetable in existence (except really benign ones like lettuce, onions, and tomatoes), not to mention soy, dairy products, tree nuts, potatoes, ad nauseum. I've been eating less meat the last few years just because I feel more energetic and mentally alert with a better diet, but FWIW, a vegan lifestyle (or at least the "raw foods" variety...I still do a lot of vegetarian stir fry) isn't even an option for a select (?) few of us.

I drink rice milk, which is fine if you just put it on cereal. Just don't try to drink a big ass glass of it, or you'll surely taste the difference.

Worst of all of this? Many of these allergies were acquired later in life. Buh.

Some fuckin' genetics...
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:51 pm
argot

mmmm  Reply with quote  

Vegan's smell internet beef... and we don't like that either... hahaaaa.... this shit is great....
Oh and by the way... i aint trying to redeem anything... i never drank... and i used to smoke... just because cats are vegan doesn't mean they don't do drugs... meat is bad for you... any meat... bottom line.

Dallas boy... i have heard some things about Texans, and i aint one to stereotype, but woooo weee hombre... you take the vegan cake.
I love you, and take it personal.

And what the fuck does "I'll pimp you on your face son," mean?

Kill-the e-beef, mom, cause it's not getting your point across in the least.
By the way... your threats have made a trail of poop run down my leg. And it's terrible when poop gets stuck in the hair. I have had to cut it out so many times because of these simpletext threats.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:56 pm
duke_city

Re: mmmm  Reply with quote  

argot wrote:
Vegan's smell internet beef... and we don't like that either... hahaaaa.... this shit is great....
Oh and by the way... i aint trying to redeem anything... i never drank... and i used to smoke... just because cats are vegan doesn't mean they don't do drugs... meat is bad for you... any meat... bottom line.

Dallas boy... i have heard some things about Texans, and i aint one to stereotype, but woooo weee hombre... you take the vegan cake.
I love you, and take it personal.

And what the fuck does "I'll pimp you on your face son," mean?

Kill-the e-beef, mom, cause it's not getting your point across in the least.
By the way... your threats have made a trail of poop run down my leg. And it's terrible when poop gets stuck in the hair. I have had to cut it out so many times because of these simpletext threats.

Get off Sage's dick and think of some of your own e-insult jargon "ok mom" ha ha

Go get an X-ray of your lungs and tell me how many years the doctor says you have lost not to mention the amount of poison that currently resides in your body and the quality of life you have set up for yourself because of your "healhty choices" like smoking.

I never said the thing that your entire initial response argument hinged on (e.g. you need to eat meet)

I already explained why I and other people like CMSienko must eat meat so maybe back track then re-read and get a clue.

Brian
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:19 pm
argot

haha  Reply with quote  

You're the one who referred to me as "son," right??

PS-mom is a joke between MANIC expressive, myself, and others, as you stated.

I love you, "son."
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:39 pm
Petrouchka Rasputin

I'll eat your brains  Reply with quote  

Hmm. Vegetarians who do it for health are missing one important fact - fish is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.

I don't drink milk because it's *useless* as a source of calcium (the potassium in milk leeches away just about all the calcium you'd get from it), and because it's not a pleasant thing to drink anyway.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:58 pm
duke_city

Re: I'll eat your brains  Reply with quote  

Petrouchka Rasputin wrote:
Hmm. Vegetarians who do it for health are missing one important fact - fish is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.

I don't drink milk because it's *useless* as a source of calcium (the potassium in milk leeches away just about all the calcium you'd get from it), and because it's not a pleasant thing to drink anyway.

Word.

Heres some reEsearch for all ya'll to check out.
http://www.okinawaprogram.com/news/newsday.html

Healthy Hints From Okinawa for Good Living Past 100
"A typical Okinawa diet includes seven servings of vegetables and fruit a day; seven servings of grains a day, two servings of soy products; fish several times a week and minimal dairy products and meat."

Was it Moby who started this Vegan business? Bandwagon lifestyles ha ha this is a new one to me.

Brian
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:30 pm
argot

yeah  Reply with quote  

That's right... i am doing it to be popular. Caring about the well being of living things is FUCKIN HIP!!

I suppose you think that it's bad that something as good as vegetarianism/veganism is spreading by that statement?

Look man, I am not trying to have some one on one arguement with you... but, chill with you horribly done cinicism.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:33 pm
quasifoto

yes, Moby invented veganism, duh.
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:28 pm
Thinkdifferent

nonsense  Reply with quote  

Dallasboy you are quite the pretentious individual.
How silly for you to assume the vegans/vegetarians choose a lifestyle because it's the "hip" thing to do or because they were such drug addicts before. Yeah, I've never tried any drugs, smoked, nothing... I was a vegetarian since the age of ten (now 21) and am now vegan for my own reasons. It didn't take me seeing someone from "pop culture" to make these decisions. If you are going to argue with vegans/vegetarians about their lifestyle choices at least have some logical basis of facts instead of taking random shots at someone's character, which you know nothing about....
Goodnight
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:38 pm
argot

yooooooooo  Reply with quote  

Joe... this is jeff, laura's friend... what up?!
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next