Search
Register
Vegetables.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

quasifoto

vanilla edensoy is my fave. maybe it's an aquired taste. but ewwww to cow's milk is my opinion. just seems gross to me. not to mention all the other issues. chocolate soy milk rocks. i don't do soy cheeses though. any thing else that's fake i love.
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:09 pm
SoccerMoM

I hate  Reply with quote  

the whole Atkins diet thing and all the diets like that. They are completely horrible for you. You lose weight really fast because you eat only high protein foods, and very little carbs if any at all so you basically lose stored water. And you MAKE yourself SICK! Fuck that!
I'm sorry I'm bitter I listen to people complain about being fat and talk about this shit all the time at work (I work in the fitness industry).
Jezuz will never be vegan because he lives on grilled cheese.
And there are alternatives to milk. I'm allergic to milk and I've found other ways like soy milk, rice milk...if you look hard enough there are alternatives to everything.

-N
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:11 pm
pav

chocolate soy milk is good.. key food brand too..
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:56 pm
ImTheDevil

i lost 30 lbs on that atkins shit. i felt like a fucking meat monger. im down to 270 now (wooohooo) still a fat fuck. now i live on cereal, salads spinach calzones and subway.my girlfreind is a vegan and i love her chocolate soy milk but i cant do the soy ice cream, that shit is rock hard. i have been lossing my apitite for red meat for a while and very rarly eat pork. so im on my way to "seeing the light". i keep getting head aches tho, i think my body is addicted to meat just like krs said.

peace,
fat pete
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:41 pm
veganskissbetter

The Only Decent Thing About Thanksgiving...  Reply with quote  

Silk Nog...mmmm...=)
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:33 pm
la raquelita

fat pete  Reply with quote  

tofu ice cream. i'm not sure what tofu is, though.

tofutti cutties-

the freaking best ever

[/quote]
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:41 pm
ImTheDevil

tofu is soy cheese
aint it?

im not totaly sure
peace
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:45 pm
duke_city

Becoming a full fledged vegan or whatever they call themselves is not a good way to live (In my opinion). I hear some of them don't even eat honey!

Dietary balance is thrown out the window when you delete meat form your diet. Same thing as Atkins diet (inverted) There is simply certain proteins that are not attainable from anything other than meat.

Sage didn't become the big boy that the is from eating tofu and rice cakes, I'll guarantee you that.

I think a better way to live is to limit the amount of meat you eat to a minority and make vegetables the majority, exercise, and drink only water.

We all live in a polluted world, diet has the least amount of weight for our longevity as a species. You can be vegan all you want but with all the UV light, radiation and poison we endure its doing very little to extend your life.

Brian
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:55 pm
MessiahCarey

dallasbboy wrote:
We all live in a polluted world, diet has the least amount of weight for our longevity as a species. You can be vegan all you want but with all the UV light, radiation and poison we endure its doing very little to extend your life.

Brian

Most vegans and vegetarians choose their lifestyles for reasons other than health.

Peace,
Shane
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:12 pm
August Spies

"I hear some of them don't even eat honey! "

id argue all true vegans dont' eat honey. Some don't even eat sugar (because its refined through bone char)
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gerhupsom vanbone

yo(why cant i ever think of good things to say up here?)  Reply with quote  

My old dog was a vegetarian.

tofu is dog food to me.

vegetarian corndogs are good.

I cant remember what regular vegatarian hotdogs taste like.

I sure do love subway.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:44 pm
quasifoto

"Dietary balance is thrown out the window when you delete meat form your diet. Same thing as Atkins diet (inverted) There is simply certain proteins that are not attainable from anything other than meat. "

not true- please prove this. i've been vegan 10 years with no problems.

"Becoming a full fledged vegan or whatever they call themselves is not a good way to live (In my opinion). I hear some of them don't even eat honey!

Not a good way to live? It benefits the animals, the earth and your health.

"We all live in a polluted world, diet has the least amount of weight for our longevity as a species. You can be vegan all you want but with all the UV light, radiation and poison we endure its doing very little to extend your life."

So why try i guess?

and i've heard that refining of sugar through bones is outdated from checking with sugar companies in the past myself.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:51 pm
Thinkdifferent

Hey quasifoto,
The majority of sugar today is not refined thru bone char. I believe the ratio is now 20% is and 80% is not. As a vegan I would have to say it is the least thing I worry about. I try not to eat refined sugars, but it's not something to stress over. If a vegan stresses over the little aspects it takes away the whole "point" of being vegan. It is to reduce the amount of suffering that we cause all life forms that can feel pain. This is the only relevance that I can gather from "life" since I do not buy into what most of our society throws at us.
I would have to disagree that being vegetarian/vegan is unhealthy. The way eating meat works is unhealthy. Humans do not have the correct digestive properties to digest most meat, it just slowly rots in your stomach. Eating meat has been linked to colon cancer for this reason. Go to any of the following websites to learn more. There are just to many health problems caused by consuming animal products to name.
http://www.peta.org/cmp/index.html
http://www.restoreunity.org/effects_of_eating_meat.htm
http://venus.nildram.co.uk/veganmc/sciarg.htm
For anyone who is considering a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle I highly recommend reading Animal Liberation by Peter Singer. This book is very philosophical in nature and compares eating meat to slavery ... in a completely logical and indisputable manner. Also it brings light to the fact that most humans are speciesists....
peace,
Sarah
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:28 am
dabinduppes

werd to curd  Reply with quote  

tofu is soybean curd
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:50 am
argot

silliness  Reply with quote  

dallasbboy, why don't you do a little research before you say something stupid again. "You need meat." okay... i believe you... i need to eat the cooked flesh of an animal... fuck you (not literally).
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:11 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next