Search
Register
If you need motivation to get Bush out of office check....
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Krang
THE ORC BREATH

No matter what party is in power you're still gonna have a system of corporations playing pimp to whore politicians, and there lies the problem... Democrats may be less greedy, but you have to remember these parties are made up of individuals who each have their own agendas.

What we need is all political donations made illegal, make politicians having corporate ties illegal, and give all politicians the same salary.

I mean shit, you cant enter a competion if a family member works for the company holding it, yet you can sit on the board of a number of corporations while being in charge of the trade and economy of the country.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:01 am
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Krang wrote:
No matter what party is in power you're still gonna have a system of corporations playing pimp to whore politicians, and there lies the problem... Democrats may be less greedy, but you have to remember these parties are made up of individuals who each have their own agendas.

What we need is all political donations made illegal, make politicians having corporate ties illegal, and give all politicians the same salary.

I mean shit, you cant enter a competion if a family member works for the company holding it, yet you can sit on the board of, and get donations from, a number of corporations while being in charge of the trade and economy of the country.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:02 am
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

*realises theres no edit button*
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:04 am
the Wiper

this was a great thread.

i'm just sitting here hoping that bush's 200 million dollars or whatever obscene amount he has sitting in his war chest, can't drag up dirt on howard dean AFTER he's already been nominated. if they're going to find something, hopefully they find it before there's no other choice.

on a side note: i wore my 'vote anyone else 2004' shirt i got at the atmosphere show today...
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:17 am
Reggie

I don't think Democrats are less greedy at all. Republicans want to control the country by extending commercial power, Democrats want to control the country by extending municipal power. Seems to me the latter could easily become fascism in the long run--but how we pay the price for the former in the short run!

Note that this schism is only true now and is subject to change at any time.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:19 am
MessiahCarey

Reggie wrote:
I don't think Democrats are less greedy at all. Republicans want to control the country by extending commercial power, Democrats want to control the country by extending municipal power. Seems to me the latter could easily become fascism in the long run--but how we pay the price for the former in the short run!

Note that this schism is only true now and is subject to change at any time.

Ha. Always.

"I agree" - Shane, a million other times
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:56 am
Jah Redd the Phosphoric

roaring rhino on the google plains...  Reply with quote  

way to work those search engines, rhino m'boy!
punch a couple of keys, look at one page,
and BOOM, instant answer!!

heh heh, way to freak the research,
you little puke.

under Tricky, Rummy was an assistant,
counselor, and director of the office of economic opportunity,
as well as the director of the economic stabilization program...

...wonder if he had any effect on the decisions regarding the cash
funneled into the war machine? or calluded with anybody in the Defense Secretary's Office?

"MANICexpressive" (once again: nice name... asshole) spun the info
though, Donny R, didn't become Defense Secretary until
1975, he was appointed after Nixon "resigned"...

<anybody reading watch this->

can you tell me by who Rhiny? who appointed him?
3... 2... 1... GO!! GO!! GOOOOOOOOOOOGLE!!

haahhahaa haaaaaahahha hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
GO FETCH, asshole.

...ManicXlax is a worthless fuck for slanting the info, but you, Rhino, are twice as worthless for posting your shitty little list of nixon's sec of d's, and asking...
"where did you get this knowlege?" in that stupid tone of internet voice, without even mentioning how Rumsfeld fit into the picture.

and why did you do that, fail to mention his place?
because you wanted to see if somebody would come up with any nixon/rummy ties if you posted vaguely?

NO. because you didn't know.

why didn't you know? because you saw something that surprised you, you then b-lined it for google, checked out one site, and couldn't wait to come back here, with the your little smoking factoid.

nice work little buddy, hope it felt googly googlie good.

fuck the democrats and fuck the republicans, yeah yeah...
I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A SINGLE PERSON TALK ABOUT HOW IN A TRUE DEMOCRACY THERE WOULD BE A FUCKING RUN-OFF EVERYTIME THERE WERE MORE THAN 2 CANDIDATES WITHOUT A 2/3 CONSENSUS.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:11 am
Rhino

And you're any better for throwing insults around! All I did was point out that someones info THAT WAS PRINTED IN BOLD wasnt correct, thats all. And you could of done a better job of getting your point across without calling people worthless and assholes. So anything you said in your thread doesnt mean shit to me. There is a thing called tact, every heard of it?
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:52 am
Bobby Anticon

kan eye  Reply with quote  

should i vote? wait i ahve to egt up...screw this quEEf crap
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:20 pm

Bobby Anticon

($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)  Reply with quote  

*snarl
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:21 pm

Ismusbe

Well aside from a few posts....this has been a great disscussion, and think we all have to agree in some way or form, Repbulicans are def evil, and democrats, maybe just a lesser evil...

So whats do we do from here? Vote front runner democrat as in Dean? Or push for the lesser known dems that have either a more leftist or crazy approach like Al Sharpton or that chick running for the dem primary?

Also, whats do you see as the perfect outcome after bush? As in, how does the US solve the mess hes done in the middle east, pissing off a lot of fundamental people?
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:22 pm
rlorg

Democrats are easier to influence. That's why we need Democrats in the White House. Liberals, especially loud ones, can make them do what we want more often.

Case in Point:

In 1999, Al Gore was the Vice President of America. You all know what happend there.

In 1999, Thabo Mbeki was the Vice President of South Africa.
He's now the president.

At the time, South Africa was considering options for getting HIV/AIDS medication to the thousands that need it in that country. (There are millions infected in SA but only some are far progressed enough in the disease to need treatment.) Options that all would have "violated" the patents of some of the largest fuck-off greedy evil US and European pharmaceudical companies, and so violated the intellectual property portions of the WTO. (Actually not really, but I'll probably bore you if I go on with this, i could talk for hours about it)

This, of course, was not ok at all to the US. All of our policiticians, to varying degrees, are in the pockets of big Pharma.

So Clinton told Gore to pressure Mbeki, who was in charge of the considerations, not to try to institute any measures to save the lives of millions of people from a treatable disease. Fucking scumbags.

A bunch of activists (I wasn't one of them. I wish i could say I was) heard about this right about the time that Gore was going to make his campaign announcements all over the country. So they decided to go to his announcements and say something about it.

First in Nashville. People drove down all the way from Philly with banners that said "Gore's Greed Kills - AIDS Drugs For Africa" stuffed in thier pants and "Vassar Students for Gore" t-shirts on.

On national tv, interrupting gore, they ripped open the banner and chanted the slogans during gores speech, before being dragged out.

Another group did the same thing the next day in New York.

Another group (actually the same as the first) did it again, this time in New Hampshire.

They did it twice more.

This caused a mild sensation in the media (What are these people talking about?) and a major one in gore's camp (WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?)
When Gore's people found out what they were talking about, though, that South African policy changed immediately and Clinton issued an executive order saying that South Africa could do whatever it wanted to get the drugs its people.

Try that shit on bush.

You'll be "disappeared".

Democrats have to at least pretend to care.

ps the group that did this does a lot of other things.
i try to help out with that.
if you wanna know more about domestic and global health activism
email me
rmealey@smcvt.edu
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:53 pm
rlorg

i'm also tryin to get sage to play a benefit in spring 2005 for above mentioned health activism group :)

I bothered the dude through email enough about it, though, i think...

so if yall wanna lobby on our behalf or whatever...

:D
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:13 am
Drunken Friar

in the end...  Reply with quote  

does it really matter? I might be playing devils advocate, or I may bbe drunk again. It's ashame about all those lives lost, about the injustices done in our country....but shit hapens. You just have to deal. in order for there to be real change, you have to overthrow the entire system and our way of thinking, that ant gonna happen. sorry
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:38 am
rlorg

Goddamn I'm procrastinating  Reply with quote  

But that kind of revolution never works.
Overthrowing the whole system almost always ends in disaster, no matter how horrible that system was.
It needs to be done incrementally.
That's why Iraq is just going to deteriorate.
You can't enforce these kinds of things.
That's what happened in the french revolution.

There has not ever been one real violent revolution that has been successful.
I'm not saying violence isn't neccessary some times for change.
But it's something that should only be considered as the last of last options.
Places like South Africa under apartheid, Germany under the Nazis, if you're LIVING under a system like that then your only option is violence.

But here in the US, while a lot of things are very fucked up, we DO have the power to effect change. Not denying that its VERY VERY hard.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it.

That's what they want you to think.
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:49 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next