Search
Register
My farewells....
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

JOEYBEATS

My farewells....  Reply with quote  

Ok folks,

I'll be the first to admit I've had a lot of dipshit moments on this board -haha. Anything from telling Bobbo the bear to stop sharing his poems to accusing sage of abandonment. Looking back on it and -worse yet- putting those things in writing now just makes me shake my head in disgust at myself -haha. However, this isn't about me. It's really about all of YOU.

That said, let me thank all that have come here and contributed to this community. From all out great debates to book and movies suggestions, I've been here to read as much of it as I could. Most times though I sat back and tried to get a grasp ofwhat the people here liked and wanted; me learning from you. It's feels good to be tapped directly into the people who support you or your friends work.

As corny as it sounds, I loved meeting people outside the board; having Sage be like "this is so and so on the board". That's been one of my favorite parts of whatever outside events I've been to. The pictures of everyone was one of my favorite posts. I look at it from time to time when someone makes a good post and I forgot what they look like. What can I say? I'm just a visual, judgemental, superficial person -hahaha.

Speaking of such types, I really don't have anything to say to the people who only came to cause trouble. If I did, it would be pretty cliche and along the lines of "get a life...offline". Regardless, this isn't about them, it's about all of you.

Continuing...

It feels damn good to have been a part of a site that hosts such great people. It's outright flattering to have you all come here in your ample time. The responsibilty to keep up with so many cool types is tough. At times, I felt like I was a party with too many people to say hello and build with -haha. To this day, I'm terrible when entering a party at first until I say hello to everyone; only then can I talk and/or get past hello with someone. You can see where I'm going with this...

Sage is a fucking beast! I have absolutely ZERO idea how my man made the time to come here, delegate, contribute, clean up, etc as much he did... The big guy is always teaching me whether he knows it or not. This time around the lesson learned is to embrace the people who support your ass! It's a shame we all thrive in a genre where the opposite has become all too common. Thank you Sage for keeping this alive for so long.

In closing, I hope to make my way on tour. I encourage everyone to -PLEASE- come introduce themselves. Trust me folks, come talk to me at a show; I'm much better in person. This board ending on a positive note is a blessing in disguise. We are going out on some Seinfeld shit...

Thanks to everyone,

I had a blast.

Joe.

p.s. I'll have a seperate message for those on my board.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:33 pm

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

peace man

full
instrumental
lp
vinyl

you dig ?

:)
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:36 pm
MF TOON

haha i remember bobo the bear and his poetry.

farewell joe beats, all the best, much success and other cliche sayings..

oliver.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:47 pm
Hero

Peace, joey beats. maybe see ya around in R.I. Heading back tomorrow!
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:50 pm
SergOne

a picture from scribble  Reply with quote  

I have no idea who the guy with the beard is

shitty pictures happen when you use a cheap plastic camera and drink all day

Last edited by SergOne on Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ctrlfreak

Haha. I remember a thread I made asking you a question about filtering. In that thread, Sage asked everyone if Joe should have his own forum and Im glad he did. I learned a few things. Thanks. Peace.

P.S. An instrumental album is mandatory
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:00 pm
Ryan

damn this feels awkward.. first sage and now joey saying their goodbyes.. everyone's truly gonna be outta contact now..
hopefully it'll encourage everyone to get their asses to more venues and dig joey and sage!

peace joe. you definitely held down your forum.. i would've frequented, but i don't know enough about your artform.

so.. peace.. joe.. beats..
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:39 pm
Jesus Frank

Yup, major peace to Joe motherfuckin Beats!

Excellent farewell post. This is a Seinfeld ending for sure. Recognize, suckas!

Non Prophets, drag yourselves here to Sweden as well soon. I'm thinking spring.

Be well, Joe.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:07 pm
illmatik06

i feel like crying.

the intranet does that to you.

peace, yo, peace.
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:12 pm
Doctrine

I never posted after you much because it was so intimidating...Before I EVER posted on this board I went through EVERY word you wrote on the site...You got a good head on your shoulders and a good prospectve...Plus a way with getting your thoughts across...Just keep up the Non-Prophecies...If I see "Spring" one more time when I click the link I'm gonna bust...

Word to Joe

1/2 of Non-Prophets...I refuse to let it go un-noticed...
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sixtoo

Joey The Sensitive Thug  Reply with quote  

Hey Joey: come to Canada and make some music now that you will be off the messageboard. You are most loved up here.

To the messageboard itself:

Yes, you are wack (the messageboard, not the reader). You deserve to die. You and all your friends. I would like to be the one to pull the plug. I really hated you most of the time, but sometimes have had quilty pleasure in reading about things that have no bearing on me. You made me waste time. You shall die soon.

Fuck You Messageboard...you and all your stupid friends.

My best memories of the board:

I liked to watch Sage and Joey freak out about things that don't really matter, cause its funny to watch homies get stressed.

I will miss seeing Sage clown kids...especially freaking out and banning someone and then watching them re-appear with a new sceenname typing in caps.

I liked the reaction to the Sage video (the live shit from Halifax, clowing the frat girls). Real life is so much more fun than the internet.

So yeah, heres to all the stupid assholes and thier opinions, stupid bi*ches, fake punks, emo rap wanna-bes, and posers...it has been entertaining. Now go outside...get some air, punch someone over something real, fight for something.

I am the biggest asshole on here...which is why I seldom type.

Kill The Messageboard!
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:21 pm
Billy Gnosis

Joey: Peace out. I regret not being able to correspond any more with you and Sage. Take care of yourself.

sdk
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:28 pm
illusion

bobbothebear had some nice poems. you were too nazi w/ him
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:33 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

JOE'S Shirt  Reply with quote  

Hey, does anyone know what Joe's shirt says in the above picture???
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:58 pm
Doctrine

"An innocent man, locked up-" (the rest is garbled)...
Post Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next