Search
Register
will HOPE go underappreciated
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ILL SEER

don't know, i've seen it ranked in some UK DJs top ten mailouts already which is a good sign, and kinda ironic seeing as some of their countrymen seemed to have precipitated the demise of this board. plus i've seen alot of hedz on HHI and other places who dissed PJ due to the anticon influence, really hoping on this joint. but i think Joey's got it right in that this album will def grow in influence at a steady rate ...
Post Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:54 pm
maxamillion

The best thing about this album is that there isn't one track on there that's out of place. There are no fillers on this album. Great production from beginning till end.

That said I think sage has finally proved to all the haters that he CAN do a "hip hop" record. His lyrics are so refreshing and with all the old-hiphop references heads can't front!!!

Shit ain't like that

mainstream307

tolerance level

and the cure

are classics to me!!!

Thanks Joe and Sage, I've been waiting for this record for ten years. And you where the people to do it....
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:54 am
td3

i think a non-prophets vs. Aesop beef would be perfect for this CD buying season approaching
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Satyre

Re: I see where you got confused  Reply with quote  

JOEYBEATS wrote:
I hope you're in the understanding I meant EVERYONE being released around this time, not just the names mentioned.

However, if I wanted to get into specifics I would've done so initially. I will not confirm or deny who is down with non-prophets and who isn't.

I wrote what I wrote. You figure it out.

Joe.

Fair enough.
Too many artists do not like their fellow artists and that's a shame.
Especially in the underground,when cats need to be trying to get something going for themselves,then also be allies that way they are even stronger.Fucking idiots.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:28 pm
JOEYBEATS

yup...  Reply with quote  

Word up.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:10 pm

August 7th

I think the album is going to be dope. Ive purposly been avoiding the snippets cause I know for sure it'll be dope. I think people who have listened to hip hop there whole lives and since the "good old days" will apreciate it. I'm hoping it's gonna be like being a little kid again and listening to K-Solo,DOC,EricB.and Rakim type shit but the 2003 version. I have a feeling this is what alot of us have been waiting for.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:12 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I've thought about this cuz I have too much free time.
to the people that know of Sage he seems to somehow have a label attached to him as a white nerd rapper..as where others such as aesop get more props on the underground..I've noticed on soulseek checkin people's files..a ton of people will have aesop,atmosphere, eyedea,mf doom..etc..but no sage... and this is the people who should be listening to his shit..I really don't know how the mainstream will hear this album..
as the underground isnt checkin for non-prophets and dont have an open mind and already have their mind made up about sage ..People were on here talkin about this album like its the follow up to thriller Im not so sure the audience is there..I would be suprised if the album moved over 10,000 units..if it does great..Im happy for them and they deserve it....it may fall on deaf ears like many quality albums.. like camp lo's 1st album..like the boogiemonsters 1st album..etc...
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:26 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

so far Personal Journals has moved over 30,000 units without any proper promotion, publicity, or "fanbase."

I think HOPE will ride that wave quite well.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:51 am
maxamillion

Sage Francis wrote:
so far Personal Journals has moved over 30,000 units without any proper promotion, publicity, or "fanbase."

I'd have to agree, if people really start listening to this album word of mouth will do the rest.

This album had all the ingredients to appeal to "hip hop" listeners. Not just "emo peeps"

Sorry I'm out of labels....

Max
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:57 am
Moolah

I think it will definitely shatter the perception of Sage as "nerdy" or "emo" or whatever.

For some reason I don't think it will sell as well or be as critically acclaimed as PJ's.

But, I haven't heard one damn second of it yet so my opinion probably doesn't count.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:22 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Sage Francis wrote:

good deal I had no idea of the type of units you move.. congrats,
Im sure the boys at anticon are salty that your album did better
than all of them
it appears from this board PJ's appealed to alot of non hip hop
listening folks..the Hope album might go over their heads and they
might not have the ear to realize its high quality stuff because its based
in traditional hip hop styles...but maybe Im wrong
I hope the right people hear this album..
then again I dont know what im talkin about anyways
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:06 am
sequence

I got my pre-order in, once I get the wax I'll drop a track everytime I perform, which seems like a couple times a week these days. When does the 12" drop?
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:31 am
AlbeeYap

Nonprophets

"Hope"

(CLASSIC)

and definitely a lot of people are going to be sleeping on this album
but soon will spread like wild fire......
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:41 am

futuristxen

does anyone else find it...um what's the word...that there are nearly as many replies talking about the new aesop album than the replies on the thread about the Hope album being underappreciated? on the non-prophets board no less...
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:52 pm
mattrego

I am an old peice of shit and don't have time to over-analyze. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but this album is much appreciated and long overdue. Production is unbeleivable, Sage is on point and FLOWS his ass off. What else is there. I mean, this is a tight hip hop album. WHAT THE FUCK ELSE DO PEOPLE WANT. And yes I do dickride these two. They do something that I can't do and it is something that has been part of my life since I can remember. If underappreciated means lack of sales, then maybe it will go underappreciated, I don't know. But this album is nice. Can't wait to buy it on October 7th. Peace.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:46 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next