Profile
Search
Register
Log in
What do you NOT like about Sage
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
August 7th



Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Posts: 399
Location: Ahead
What do you NOT like about Sage  Reply with quote  

Im not trying to start some shit talk, just constructive criticism about his music. Im a big fan of Sage Francis but what bothers me is,
1. I dont like how he prounces things to make them rhyme or say it in an uncomfortable flow to make it ryme sometims. ( for example that line he spits in My head hurts on the salt on everything 12")
2. Ever since I watched the Strange Famouse vs. Adeem battle @ scribble, hearing him on "I apologize" Makes him seem like such a hypocrite to me. He kept calling out Adm about not finishing his ryhmes and finishing youre ryhmes is what rap is and blah blah but I barely hear sole follow a traditional rap rhyming structure. I dont know just after hearing that battle alot of the lines he says in I apologize doesnt mean much to me anymore.
Maybe you guys here on the message board can prove me wrong about my opinions,just keep in mind I wasnt trying to talk down on him or nothing.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11616
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

i dont like over weight people and sage isnt skinny....yea.....uh huh :roll
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
party_deer



Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 41
 Reply with quote  


Quote:

2. Ever since I watched the Strange Famouse vs. Adeem battle @ scribble, hearing him on "I apologize" Makes him seem like such a hypocrite to me. He kept calling out Adm about not finishing his ryhmes and finishing youre ryhmes is what rap is and blah blah but I barely hear sole follow a traditional rap rhyming structure. I dont know just after hearing that battle alot of the lines he says in I apologize doesnt mean much to me anymore.



Oh dear heavens.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Reggie



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 5765
Location: Queens, NYC
 Reply with quote  

It's like, can you just stick to at least a dozen facial hair styles? One day he's Charlie Chan, the next he's Charlie Brown. Am I right or what? Ladies, you know what I'm talking about!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Ill Testimony
Guest




 Reply with quote  


Quote:

1. I dont like how he prounces things to make them rhyme or say it in an uncomfortable flow to make it ryme sometims. ( for example that line he spits in My head hurts on the salt on everything 12")



*throws salt over shoulders*




[eace


Last edited by The Ill Testimony on Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:45 pm
 
party_deer



Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 41
 Reply with quote  

There is no help on this one. This is why I wish 'battling' would be banned in all 50 states. Foriegn countries can decide for themselves whether or not they will allow it. Shoot me now.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
The Ill Testimony
Guest




 Reply with quote  

party_deer wrote:
There is no help on this one. This is why I wish 'battling' would be banned in all 50 states. Foriegn countries can decide for themselves whether or not they will allow it. Shoot me now.




Soon enough isn't always in the right order never soon enough.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:50 pm
 
firefly



Joined: 27 Sep 2002
Posts: 3990
Location: Montreal
 Reply with quote  

Reggie wrote:
It's like, can you just stick to at least a dozen facial hair styles? One day he's Charlie Chan, the next he's Charlie Brown. Am I right or what? Ladies, you know what I'm talking about!


hahaha
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ConfusionCloud



Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 23
 Reply with quote  

The fact that none of these fuckers stop by Canada

Oh and his hat fashion sense....BAM!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
FoNiKs



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 339
 Reply with quote  

I preffere to hang off of sages nuts thank you very much
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Noir Silence



Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Posts: 25
Location: Chicago
 Reply with quote  

I'm just WAITIN for him to fall off
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21601
 Reply with quote  

what words did I say wrong on that song?

you guys never criticize me as well as you could.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
plan B



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 7
Location: highinCO
another correct pompous ass  Reply with quote  

dammit don't be so fuggin smug umm i must just be jealous cuz the girl i been sleepin with closes her eyes when we hit it
i have a sneaking suspiscion that sage's nasty grill is the image she needs to get off. am i insecure?
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

he didnt send me a copy of hope... haha

nor did he send me a video tape i'm still waiting on.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:38 pm
 
Wish Sammich



Joined: 13 Apr 2003
Posts: 426
Location: Seattle
 Reply with quote  

I don't know the dude personally, and I've never even been able to see him live, so I don't think I'm qualified to speak on it.......wait, I don't like that I've never gotten to see him live. It's just rude, I tell ya.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon