Search
Register
WORST live show
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

The Mean Eagle

The firt time I saw Sage, he opened up for the Anticon 10 year anniversary party at Slims in SF and Im a big Anticon fan but Sage slayed them, They pretty much went one by one and it was sooo long and so little energy,, like when your feet start to hurt and you think of how nice it will be to go home..It was that kind of show.
I wasnt familiar w/ Sages material at the time but I thought he was so good and usually its harder to get into someone when you dont know thier stuff.
But id have to say the rest of the show was a let down, Sole brought some energy here and there but the rest let it die...
Highlight of the night..Jel saying acapella'As a kid id see how long i could hold my breath for,or do a dead man float"or something like that... and my more ghetto friend yelling "WHAT THE FUCK?" very loud and Jel just looked over...
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:08 pm
Mojo the helper monkey

I was at that show Eagle, and it was great. Sage was great, and I dug the Anticon set, but the Shapeshifters were TERRIBLE that night.

Man, that might get added to my list of bad live performances. They played with almost no energy for a very, very long time. It was rough.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:35 pm
Llamasex

cat power

I so don't fit in with the rest of yoos guys
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:35 pm
plan B

oh yeah  Reply with quote  

worst live show ever: mtv's vmas. even worst than the taste of burnt baking soda and cola. over.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:42 pm
plan B

NOT THAT I WAS THERE!.....  Reply with quote  

didn't mean to perp that I saw Britney slobber on Madonna up close and personal. I'm more of a couch tomato...heheh
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:45 pm
party_deer

Yes, Cannibal Ox is terrible live. Definately the worst I have seen in regards to hip-hop. I really don't feel MF Doom either.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:21 pm
August 7th

Re: WORST live show  Reply with quote  

inhaler/thecat wrote:
sole...

i've seen him twice. the first time was bearable, with the cd player, but the second time was really bad, with his sampler and the electric cello player. i really like sole's beats, not just his rhyming... and he always seems really drunk, which doesn't help his show out at all.

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com

WHAT?!! Sole's performed out here in Vancouver Canada 3 times and he killed it everytime. Even people who hate his stuff and shit talk him were impressed and never talked shit about him again. He does long sets,doesnt need back up, knows his syllables really well and has tones of energy. I dont know maybe things have changed since he's been out here, its been about 2to3years now. I think Soles rips it live, I thought pedestrian sucked.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:55 pm
amano

princess wrote:

jlive live is weak live....

sorry princess but you must be out your gotdamn mind
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:55 pm
Doctrine

Alias
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mattrego

I got conned into seeing Morrisey in '96. He was on for a 1/2 hour as a headliner. What a fucking pussy and I felt like one for paying to see him.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:55 pm
slothrop

the shapshifters get my vote, they are just a mess on stage and it gets annoying.

get rid of the hype man...
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:27 pm
Royal-T

Re: WORST live show  Reply with quote  

August 7th wrote:
inhaler/thecat wrote:
sole...

i've seen him twice. the first time was bearable, with the cd player, but the second time was really bad, with his sampler and the electric cello player. i really like sole's beats, not just his rhyming... and he always seems really drunk, which doesn't help his show out at all.

inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com

WHAT?!! Sole's performed out here in Vancouver Canada 3 times and he killed it everytime. Even people who hate his stuff and shit talk him were impressed and never talked shit about him again. He does long sets,doesnt need back up, knows his syllables really well and has tones of energy. I dont know maybe things have changed since he's been out here, its been about 2to3years now. I think Soles rips it live, I thought pedestrian sucked.

I have to agree with you, I saw Sole when i was in San jose last November and it ranks up there with one of the best live performances I've ever seen. He had so much mic control, energy, crowd interaction, couldn't have asked for more from a performance. I've seen MANY a show and Sole's was def in my top 2 along with Black moon.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:30 pm
Wish Sammich

About 10 years ago, my aunt took me to see The Gap Band.
Dammit, I love me some Gap Band, but those guys were over an hour late and they only did three songs. Burn Rubber, You Dropped A Bomb On Me and Early In The Morning are the joints, but daaaang...not even a little bit of Outstanding, Party Train or Shake. It was hardly even worth it.

I don't hold it against them, though.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:44 pm
INCREDIBLE MAN

"elevated grounds"

haha. i could imagine. [/quote]
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:18 pm
ConfusionCloud

Cannibal Ox definately struggled
Dizzee Rascal annoyed the shit out of me
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:50 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next