Search
Register
peyote
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

whats the deal with them morning glory seeds?
from what ive been told they make you halicunate

somebody told me you can buy them at places like walmart and flowerplaces<that you shop at ya know.>
there any truth to this?
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:26 pm
Daniel Carver

yea blunted morning glory seeds contain LSA (lysergic acid amine)which is kinda close to LSD (lysergic acid amiDe)...i did it in the form of hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. definately the worst drug experience i ever had, it had all the racing thoughts and introspection of a psychadelic trip without any of the good feeling or hallucinations. it made my body really achy and cramped up, i was sitting in the same place, in a really odd position for close to 5 hours just waiting for the hell to end. it's kinda weird, -NOTHING- is interesting on this drug...you wont find joy or fun in ANYTHING...so you just sit there taking inventory of the crazies that reside deep in your brain. it was rather depressing but i could see it being a good tool for coming to terms with repressed thoughts and feelings...but its in no way fun
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:33 pm
LuvSpeakeasy

johnny yuma wrote:
even the majority of the navajo nation has thrown out the use of peyote and other hallucinogenics. THAT tells ya something. there is nothing special to it. you're just on drugs.

also, Luvsuckeasy... boofuckinhoo. cry me a fuckin river because someone expresses different views than yours. its fuckin silly. there are NO secret invisible keebler elves who hang out with you if you do enough drugs.

it's not cuz you express a different opinion. it's just that you just do it in a very stupid and annoying way.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:36 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

thanks

ill pass on that
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:36 pm
Daniel Carver

Revelation chapter 10 verse 8 sayeth...

Then the voice that I had heard from Heaven spoke to me again and said,

"Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." 9 So I went up to the angel and told him to give me the small scroll. He said to me,"Take and swallow it.It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will taste as sweet as honey."
10 I took the small scroll from the angel`s hand and swallowed it.In my mouth it was like sweet honey, but when I had eaten it, my stoumach turned sour. 11 Then someone said to me, " You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings."

Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:37 pm
zeem

Daniel Carver wrote:

"Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." 9 So I went up to the angel and told him to give me the small scroll. He said to me,"Take and swallow it.It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will taste as sweet as honey."
10 I took the small scroll from the angel`s hand and swallowed it.In my mouth it was like sweet honey, but when I had eaten it, my stoumach turned sour. 11 Then someone said to me, " You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2633187.stm

Jesus Christ and his apostles may have used a cannabis-based anointing oil to help cure people with crippling diseases, it has been claimed.
Researchers in the United States say the oil used in the early days of the Christian church contained a cannabis extract called kaneh-bosem.

They suggest the extract, which is absorbed into the body when placed on the skin, could have helped cure people with a variety of physical and mental problems.

The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records

Chris Bennet

The author of the article, published in the US drugs magazine High Times, says his findings are based on a study of scriptural texts.

Wide use

The article does not question the validity of the miracles reported in the Bible but rather examines whether the early Christian Church may have made use of substances with an active medical effect.

It does not rule out the role played by blind faith in Christ.

Chris Bennett said cannabis was widely used at the time to heal the sick.

"The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records."

He said the ancient anointing oil contained high levels of cannabis extract.

"The holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus, contained over six pounds of keneh-bosum - a substance identified by respected etymology, linguists anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis extracted into about six quarts of olive oil along with a variety of other fragrant herbs.

"The ancient annointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture."

Miracles

Mr Bennett suggested the drug may have played a role in some healing miracles carried out by Jesus and his disciples.

He wrote: "In the ancient world, diseases such as epilepsy were attributed to demonic possession.

"To cure somebody of such an illness, even with the aid of certain herbs was considered exorcism or miraculous healing.

Jesus often becomes the final hope for the pharmacologically impaired

JesusJournal.com

"Interestingly, cannabis has been shown to be effective in the treatment of not only epilepsy but many of the other ailments that Jesus and the disciples healed people of such as skin diseases, eye problems and menstrual problems."

Mr Bennett said the findings suggested that it was unchristian to persecute people who used cannabis.

"If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient Christian anointing oil, as history indicates, and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ."

However, Christian groups in the United States have rejected Mr Bennett's claims.

They have insisted that the arguments made in the article are lame.

In a response to the article published on JesusJournal.com, critics said: "As many of us know firsthand, Jesus often becomes the final hope for the pharmacologically impaired."

John Cunyus, the author of a book on Christian healing, said: "Well, the Bible does say that St. Stephen was stoned... but perhaps not in that sense!"
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:43 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

I've tried the salvia once or twice... straight leaves, no high extracts. I take bong hits. The only thing that happens to me is my extremities feel like they are being lightly pricked by needles and then I can FEEL gravity pulling me in a whole new way. I just slump as if I am instantly in a car going 500 mph... it just hits me, that gravity. Then I go somewhere else that I can never remember. Nothing too special.... maybe I should try the extracts.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

LuvSpeakeasy wrote:

it's not cuz you express a different opinion. it's just that you just do it in a very stupid and annoying way.

just trying to fit in.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:38 pm

SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

This entire thread is deja vu. We did this whole thing already years ago.... right down to the original message where he fucked up and said every step was better than the next. Dont think I dont realize this mescalito, lord of the plants!
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

Daniel Carver wrote:

this board needs to make up its mind. first everyone says the bibles a lie and god doesnt exist. then when drugs come up... people are about the bible and god's intentions of these "natural" things. bleh.

and do you really take that to mean that the subject was taking some form of acid?
its a metaphor. the bible is filled to the rim with metaphor.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:42 pm

Daniel Carver

well, i do believe jesus lived...and if christianity early on involved taking drugs like that it makes it a whole lot more interesting...i'm just open to whatevers "out there"...god or whatever... history shows drugs can be a valid way to explore that...

i'd be more inclined to think the subject was taking some sort of mushroom, hence the sour stomach which comes with the beginning of a shroom trip and the fact that fresh mushrooms can (and have been in history) be preserved in honey...

it's all fun mang.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:50 pm
hugh grants hooker

well, think what you will, but its a metaphor.

the word of god is sweet and simple at first taste. but if you let it sink in (digest it) its not nearly as sweet. but you still must take it.

its all metaphor.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:58 pm

hugh grants hooker

and as for using canibus for medicine and hemp for tools. IN THE RIGHT CONTEXTS i'm all for it, and yes jesus and the apostles may have done those things.

i believe EVERYTHING on the planet was put here intentionally. it all has a purpose. some things man just hasnt figured out how to use properly yet. so like a chimp who's given a some high tech tool... we just sit and beat the shit out of ourselves with these things.

i do not believe taking psychs in order to trip is helping anyone in anyway. i think its just slowly making them crazy. have you ever spoken to someone whos done so many drugs that they seem to be on a perma-trip? its annoying as hell. they cant even hold real convos.
they revert everything to "oras", karma, ultra bright light rays, and other woodstock, cartoonish shit.

seriously, canibus may be a true form of medicine that could really help the world out. but we wont know until people quit using it as a party drug. because until that happens nobody is gonna take any claims seriously. and if its to be used and accepted nationally (or worldwide) as a medicine, it will not be smoked. it would have to be in some other form. i dont care what anyone says, ANY type of smoke is damaging to the lungs. very damaging.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:07 pm

Daniel Carver

hehe lets not get back to the smoke thing again....but yea...i agree for the most part. i dont think canibus wwill ever be accepted as a medicine because the pharm co's can't patent a plant, and their synthetic attempts failed miserably. lets not talk about weed though, weed is chillin.

how bout this, more fun stuff

------------

Itís possible that mushrooms are in fact from outer space.

Mushroom spores are a deep deep purple - the colour they would have to be to absorb the ultraviolet radiation that comes with any inter-planetary or inter-galactic space travel.

The spore casing is one of the hardest organic substances known, and itís electron density borders is almost that of a metal.

If that were all, you might not be convinced. Consider this - there is no fossil record of the species older than 40,000,000 years.

Similar soft-bodied organisms, worms and other benthic marine invertebrates, can be found that date back over 1,000,000,000 years, so the explanation that this particular species does not fossilize well can be brought into question.

Over periods of time, mushroom spores could travel on global air currents up into the upper reaches of a planetís atmosphere, and every once in a while a couple could make the jump into space.

Genetically engineered for space travel, the spores would float along until they happened upon another planet.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:15 pm
Daniel Carver

Terence McKenna wrote:
Our method is scientific but our opinions about Stropharia Cubensis are not. Our opinions in this matter do not rest upon the opinions of others nor upon anything written in any book, instead they rest upon the experience of five dried grams of this psilocybin mushroom; at that level a peculiar phenomenon occurs. It is the emergence of an I-Thou relationship between the person taking the psilocybin and the mental state it evokes. Jung calls this "transference" and it was a necessary condition of early and primitive humanity's relationship to its gods and demons. The mushroom speaks, and our opinions rest upon what it tells eloquently of itself in the cool night of the mind:
"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages, I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections than the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal- only the sudden toxification of a planet or explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality, all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider's web, but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hyper-communication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to humans. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbionts the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and Homo sapiens as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

"Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities.

"Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my developement. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time, I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millenia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abiities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds to which all citizens of our starswarm are heir."

-Terrence Mckenna
Post Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:23 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next