Search
Register
9/11 is today
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

slaytanic

Just because lives were lost doesnt make it a holiday. You dont see people running around celebrating WWs and the Holocaust and such. Its just a memory for people, they reflect. Not hold get to gethers.
Quote:

once again...no one is celebrating...and i do believe people do "remember" ww's and the holocaust and such...

its not a celebration...its a sad day, its not a proud to be an american day... to many families were ripped apart in one day. it changed my life, im glad if it had no personal effect on yours

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:40 pm
MF TOON

duck_shoe wrote:
MF TOON wrote:
How is it not important, it was one of the biggest American tragedies in recorded history. Thousands of people lost their lives, hundreds of thousands of families were torn apart forever. Children lost parents, parents lost children, for no significant reason - thousands of innocent people lost their lives and Im sure many people on this messageboard were equally effected. Show some respect.

Ummm...WE are not the ones who made it seem unimportant...direct your preaching at the people who exploited it and gave it the feel of a cheap movie. Direct it at those who used it for financial gain or as a political tool or as a ploy to get ratings. Those are the people who made it just another event in America's long history and those are the people who made sure that the average person didn't remember the significance of such an event. Those are the people who should learn to show some respect, not those of us who are tired of the fake sentiment and blind hatred associated with that day.

bla bla bla... who cares.

The title of this thread is: "9/11 is tomorrow"

Nobodies talking about anything that you just mentioned. Sept. 11th isn't a holiday but it is siginficant - there are thousands of children that are still haunted by that date.. Respect that.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:42 pm
slaytanic

agreed.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:44 pm
Fladlien

9/11 is pay day for me.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:47 pm
Dialectz

slaytanic wrote:
Just because lives were lost doesnt make it a holiday. You dont see people running around celebrating WWs and the Holocaust and such. Its just a memory for people, they reflect. Not hold get to gethers.
Quote:

once again...no one is celebrating...and i do believe people do "remember" ww's and the holocaust and such...

its not a celebration...its a sad day, its not a proud to be an american day... to many families were ripped apart in one day. it changed my life, im glad if it had no personal effect on yours

Families are ripped apart constantly every day. May not be on a world wide basis but families are torn everyday. Just because the media didnt publicize it like 9/11. We get attacked and we are always moping around. What the fuck do you think the Afghans and Iraqui people are doing right now? We didnt tear down just their families. We tore down their fucking country.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:47 pm
FoJaR

FoJaR wrote:
i dont watch TV. did you know that it's more worth your time to just pick up a book than to watch tv? did you know that teh average american spends over one year of their life watching TV? thats such a waste of time, see if you were better like me you wouldnt watch TV. i read a lot of good books, and the reason i have time to do this is because i dont watch TV. watching a lot of TV can also have bad effects on your eyesight. i have 20 20 vision. i bet it is because i dont watch tv. ben sandoval i am sorry.

word.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:00 pm
MF TOON

Dialectz wrote:
slaytanic wrote:
Quote:

Families are ripped apart constantly every day. May not be on a world wide basis but families are torn everyday. Just because the media didnt publicize it like 9/11. We get attacked and we are always moping around. What the fuck do you think the Afghans and Iraqui people are doing right now? We didnt tear down just their families. We tore down their fucking country.

what the fuck does the suffering in iraq have to do with the fact that september 11th was the day when scheduled commercial airlines loaded with regular traveling passengers were forcefully driven directly into the path of thousands of innocent working civilians, oblivious to any fucking war. nobodes talking about afghanistan or iraq in this thread. the media has nothing to do with this, people die everyday... but not a planned fucking genocide idiot.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:01 pm
FoJaR

Dialectz wrote:

so the friends/relatives and people who hear about it and arent assholes are sympathetic and convey their condolences and regret that the unfortunate took place. your point, asshole?
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:04 pm
Dialectz

Im saying is that who cares who was killed. People were killed. Dont take it to heart cause people from our country were slaughtered. Same with other countries around the world, they're not getting a holday are they.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:05 pm
FoJaR

fuck you. eat shit and die you ignorant fuck.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:07 pm
MF TOON

aint no holiday fool... youre obviously a secure little kid in your comfortable bedroom, its easy to make stupid statements. wake the fuck up.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:09 pm
FoJaR

yeah, the reason you get tomorrow off is because mommy thinks the terrorists are going to kill everyone at your middleschool.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:12 pm
Dialectz

I dont get tomorrow off...
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:20 pm
Dialectz

Well Im sorry if I "offended" some of you or whatever, but Im just speaking my mind.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:23 pm
Machiavel

already too long
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next