Search
Register
Bottled Water
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

tim

Bottled Water  Reply with quote  

Everyone has their own taste for bottled water. I've tried pretty close to most bottled water on the shelves and I have to say that Dasani is the crispest water available. My friend loves Fiji but I hate it.

What do you guys drink to quench your thirst?
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:14 pm
August Spies

bottled water is a scam. why would I pay 2 bucks for water? get something with some flavor.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AlbeeYap

toilet WATER! i drink TOILET WATER!

tap water to be exact
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:20 pm

AlbeeYap

your going to piss it out anyways!?!
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:22 pm

Hero

Dasani is shit, Coca cola puts in out. I bet it's just tap water. Poland Springs Represent!!!!!
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:28 pm
SergOne

yeah tap water is fine for me
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princess

all we drink over here is arrowhead -- thank god for sams club.
i really really hate the taste of sparkletts...
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:39 pm
tim

i gag if i drink tap but my gag reflex is extremely sensitive. i'm special.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:46 pm
laurapalmer

Hero wrote:
Dasani is shit, Coca cola puts in out. I bet it's just tap water. Poland Springs Represent!!!!!

i am not attacking the tastiness of poland springs...however, that shit comes from an asphalt laden parking lot.

honestly thought, poland springs is being sued because of misrepresenting that their water comes from a "spring" when it is actually a stagnant man dredged pond surrounded by strip mines and asphalt pits. poland spring's defense is resting on the "definition of a spring."

wasn't there a terrible john travolta moving that deal with water quality?
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:47 pm
Mojo the helper monkey

Yeah, I stay away from Dasani and Aquafina, because they are bottled and distrubuted by Pepsi and Coca-Cola.

Arrowhead and Crystal Geyser are pretty good. $5 for 30 bottles or whatever the cost is isn't that bad when your tap water tastes like the inside of a dog's ass.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:49 pm
Billy No More

Mojo the helper monkey wrote:
when your tap water tastes like the inside of a dog's ass.

You've tasted the inside of a dog's ass?

That's special.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:52 pm
Hero

laurapalmer wrote:

i am not attacking the tastiness of poland springs...however, that shit comes from an asphalt laden parking lot.

honestly thought, poland springs is being sued because of misrepresenting that their water comes from a "spring" when it is actually a stagnant man dredged pond surrounded by strip mines and asphalt pits. poland spring's defense is resting on the "definition of a spring."

Really? That sucks. I used to drink it all the time, just because i used to live in Maine and thought it was right to support them, plus it was good. Lately i've just been rocking my brita pitcher, even though the water were i am taste funny even after the filter, but hey it's free.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:03 pm
Ryan

yeah.. i drink poland springs or naya..
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:10 pm
laurapalmer

Hero wrote:
laurapalmer wrote:

Really? That sucks. I used to drink it all the time, just because i used to live in Maine and thought it was right to support them, plus it was good. Lately i've just been rocking my brita pitcher, even though the water were i am taste funny even after the filter, but hey it's free.

yeah, i read the article on yahoo finance a while back...below is an excerpt from townonline.com
Editorial: Just thinking . . .

Friday, September 12, 2003

Poland Spring - what it means to be from Illinois? The familiar jingle of the Maine spring water bottling company just did not ring true for one citizen. He sued Poland Springs' new owners, food giant Nestle, on behalf of the many of us who thought that we were drinking Maine water when we were drinking water bottled outside of Chicago.
' Apparently, from mailings Poland Spring customers have received over the last few weeks, he won. Now Nestle must sell only water from springs in Maine under its Poland Spring label.

That Downeast tenacity trumped a multinational conglomerate with a large stable of corporate lawyers was heartening in itself. However, the settlement also serves as a reminder that designer waters may not be as pure as what comes from your own tap.

And speaking of tap water, the Village Nursery School has found arsenic in its water - a condition that is not unusual in this town where most wells are fed from cracks in rock.

Filtration systems, readily available to homeowners, can filter out the naturally occurring yet poisonous element and preserve the health of families who would rather know what they are drinking.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:16 pm
Frezz

I drink the hard stuff! Right from the sink.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next