Search
Register
Bush says he is asking for ANOTHER $87 billion...to cont war
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Reason

True.
I think that it really depends on someone stepping up, maybe not to overthrow the system, but to get everyone's priorities in order.
(e.g. caring about countries that have nothing)
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:06 pm
slaytanic

fear bush  Reply with quote  

www.onetermpresident.com
www.onetermpresident.org
www.fearbush.com
www.thousandreasons.org
www.stopbush.com
www.legitgov.com
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:11 pm
Reason

Re: fear bush  Reply with quote  

slaytanic wrote:
www.onetermpresident.com
www.onetermpresident.org
www.fearbush.com
www.thousandreasons.org
www.stopbush.com
www.legitgov.com

Trust me bro, I know many reasons why this man should not be the head of our govt(or the puppet of our CEO's), but what I am looking for is a solution to the american bred apathy that is the evil twin of free enterprise.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:15 pm
The Dude Abides

another link: http://punkvoter.com/
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:16 pm
futuristxen

wee are spending more on iraq than we are spending on the important things for our country. 87 bill is more than we spend on education, and twice as much as we use for roads and things of that sort.

this shit makes me sick.

This may not be vietnam yet...but it's gotten worse over there not better. More soldiers have died after the war ended than while it was waged. And I don't think anyone wants to tally up the civilian causalties anymore.

And we're still at war in afghanistan too. That's something that doesn't get mentioned anymore. Just little blurbs about battles here and there.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:26 pm
Reason

Yeah, it seems that our whole system is backwards.
I wish I could find these flyers that show military spending as compared to what could be done with the money.
Example:
1 cluster bomb=$500,000..................salary for 30 teachers.
I just made that up, but you get the point. I'm gonna print mass of those and hand them out when i find it.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:35 pm
Stanley K.

By all means Print up your flyer!!!!...
But you might want to say 20 teachers salaries--I don't know
any teacher that will work for 16K a year.

Sage--In the title of your thread you said it 87 Billion with a B.
...but you said 87 million in your post.

87 billion is 87,000 million....

RECALL BUSH!!!!!!
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:58 am
Nortled

87 billion / 250 million = 350

So every American man, woman, and child will be handing over $350 to continue this farce. Beautiful.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:24 am
firefly

I love how he just slips it in. . . "We will do what is needed, we will spend what it needed. . ."

Fuckin' Dooshbag.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:26 am
Jesse

re: mainstream rap resistance  Reply with quote  

Well, Eminem's critical of Bush in his lyrics which could be VERY influential, it's subtle enough that kids might pick up on it subliminally when like on the 50 cent album when he says "I'm the equivalent of Bush rapping / I bully MCs"

Also, in the Panjabi MC remix, Jay-Z says "Leave Iraq alone". That's a popular jam, at least in clubs.

Then again Rage Against The Machine was extremely popular with a lot more to say and most of their fans didn't give half a shit.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:49 am
quasifoto

Bush's buddies at Haliburton should be paying.

I don't think any movement will start in hip hop or mainstream rap especially. Just not likely. Not a big enough movement anyway. Groups like MoveOn.org need more attention. We need worldwide protests like before the war, only against re-electing bush. I think they (admin.) might just fuck it up for themselves though. People are getting pissed. All the press i've seen is even shifting. And Dean's shining.

We gotta vote for our own regime change.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:52 am
Reggie

pericles_perry wrote:
um... bush doesnt seem to understand that eventually we need to pay back all this debt. that seems to be whats up. i dont know where bush thinks money comes from, but he seems to think that war costs are like college loans and that his dad will pay them off within the next couple years. thats the only way i can explain this...

Bush understands this concept all too well. Working in the red, as it were, is one economic ploy which, when engaged in by several vendors (or in this case, countires) simultaneously can raise the value of the dollar without affecting its accessibility. At one time, the U.S. dollar was valued on the gold standard. Then it was valued on the silver standard. Now, there is no standard save for the agreement between the purchaser and the lender. This is something that can be amended in treaties, not by actually counting how many bars of metal are in the vault.

Remember that the Clinton administration left the federal government with a surplus amount of money for the first time since World War II, and one of the first things Bush did in office was to give it away to the public in the form of $300 checks. This was not a benevolent or accidental act.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:16 am
Dee

That about says it all about America right there.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:23 am
pericles_perry

Reggie wrote:
pericles_perry wrote:
um... bush doesnt seem to understand that eventually we need to pay back all this debt. that seems to be whats up. i dont know where bush thinks money comes from, but he seems to think that war costs are like college loans and that his dad will pay them off within the next couple years. thats the only way i can explain this...

Bush understands this concept all too well. Working in the red, as it were, is one economic ploy which, when engaged in by several vendors (or in this case, countires) simultaneously can raise the value of the dollar without affecting its accessibility. At one time, the U.S. dollar was valued on the gold standard. Then it was valued on the silver standard. Now, there is no standard save for the agreement between the purchaser and the lender. This is something that can be amended in treaties, not by actually counting how many bars of metal are in the vault.

Remember that the Clinton administration left the federal government with a surplus amount of money for the first time since World War II, and one of the first things Bush did in office was to give it away to the public in the form of $300 checks. This was not a benevolent or accidental act.

interesting...i wasnt aware of that
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:02 am
td3

as long as the majority of American's are scared and full of fear and that are under attack and our safety is thin, the majority of Americans will vote for him
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next