Search
Register
Changing your accent in hiphop. Is this a problem?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

MF TOON

ima start typing like i got tourettes syndrome SCIBBIDYDOO YAAA!!!
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:37 pm
Elocute

Well Mr Francis, since were so ardent on stating our opinions today…

…You are fucking shit and I really can’t comprehend why people are so concerned what this pseudo-elaborate drama student sounding queer hippy actually thinks… Your music is not actually being “abstract” or “innovative” and the avant-garde and mindful role you try to adopt does not, and never will disguise the fact that you are quite simply shit… and probably gay… I could name countless UK based MCs who totally blow you out of the water and its clear from the references you made (The Streets who isn’t even UK Hip-Hop and Roots Manuva, both of which have achieved moderate US exposure) that you don’t actually know that much about the UK scene or the MCs involved within it...At the end of the day I don’t actually give two shits what you think about UK Hip-Hop, I just thought since were all so intent on sharing our unfounded and insignificant views with the internet that I would aswell….

By telling you that youre not only an utterly shit musician but also clearly an opinionated and narrow-minded prick… and probably gay
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:39 pm
Ryan

the only place in the uk i consider credible is brixton.. for obvious reasons..

but uk hip hop.. us hip hop.. it's mostly the same.. only uk hip hop hasn't nearly evolved to the level it has here in the states..
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:44 pm
FilthyRich

As a fan of all hiphop whether alternative or not I gave u the benefit of the doubt at first, thinking fair does u sounded shit but maybe there was summat I just didn't get about your wank excuse for music but after your display of twattery on here I see its just plain shit.

And for those saying we don't speak English we invented the fucking language, nobshite. U think we all speak like the queen?

"the only place in the uk i consider credible is brixton.. for obvious reasons.. "

if by credible u mean black, which u clearly do by that this shows yer fucking ignorance and how much the only places Londoners know in Britain are in London. You want places like that go Toxteth where Karl lives, Moss Side, St Annes, Longsite, St Pauls... or basically places in every city in Britain, but obviously places int credible unless they are black areas coz white lads never do anything credible...

Last edited by FilthyRich on Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:44 pm

MF TOON

FilthyRich wrote:
And for those saying we don't speak English we invented the fucking language, nobshite. U think we all speak like the queen?

i was talking about hot karl and lilo and stich.

yafeeldat?
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:47 pm
FilthyRich

yeh Karl speaks ebonics coz his mum's black and scouse (which is a strong regional dialect) coz he's from Liverpool. Why nitpick at how folks talk? U dissed us fer chatting too much proper English earlier- make your minds up.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:52 pm

pony boy

whoa...  Reply with quote  

Quote:

Your music is not actually being “abstract” or “innovative” and the avant-garde and mindful role you try to adopt does not, and never will disguise the fact that you are quite simply shit… and probably gay…

...you called HIM gay. if you're not already, you should be a battle mc.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:52 pm
Elocute

Fucking hell, judging by most of the replys in this thread... illiteracy is now officially "cool"

To be fair how do you expect people to actually take you seriously if you're unable to construct a sentence and feel compelled to change all your "s" to "z" and abbreviate 3-letter words?

Rago, true say mans dem need to stop gwannin like fassys yagetme...
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:55 pm
FilthyRich

his voice sounds gay, like a really camp drama student.

and people type how they type. grammar dun't make yer views any better or worse.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:56 pm

Elocute

Re: whoa...  Reply with quote  

pony boy wrote:

...you called HIM gay. if you're not already, you should be a battle mc.

Well Id rather be the likes of Canibus, Immortal Technique, Diabolic, Vakill, Crooked I, Eyedea, C Rayz Walz and Copywrite to that camp sounding hippy Sage Francis
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:01 pm
Elocute

FilthyRich wrote:
and people type how they type. grammar dun't make yer views any better or worse.

Yes, but the ability to understand what the fuck your saying does
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:01 pm
MF TOON

FilthyRich wrote:
yeh Karl speaks ebonics coz his mum's black and scouse (which is a strong regional dialect) coz he's from Liverpool. Why nitpick at how folks talk? U dissed us fer chatting too much proper English earlier- make your minds up.

no i didnt. i never involved myself in this debate until these loudmouth schlubs came through with their virtual ecomics.

i still dont care what anyone thinks of uk hiphop. this thread is funny.

later.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:04 pm
MF TOON

Elocute wrote:
FilthyRich wrote:

Yes, but the ability to understand what the fuck your saying does

thank you.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:05 pm
leonhandy@hotmail.com

I think the guy typing loads of 'manz dem' and 'ya get mae blud' stuff is actually taking the piss though. I may be wrong?

As for Karl... he' just got a strong scouse accent and dialect.

Some of these yanks do have some ignorant views, but what do you expect I suppose. You can't get too angry with em... they live in the states and think england is how the media say england is. A place with a royal family where everyone drinks tea and eats muffins.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:06 pm
FilthyRich

"i never involved myself in this debate until these loudmouth schlubs came through with their virtual ecomics."

apeaking in jargon dun't make u any smarter... I can tell you're in the right place on a Sage Francis forum...
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:10 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next