Profile
Search
Register
Log in
e.l.f. urban terrorists? or fighting the good fight?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
quasifoto



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 975
Location: Albany
 Reply with quote  

are you saying there's no difference between SUV's and cars that are more gas efficient and better for the environment? a purpose of a car is to drive from one place to another. simple. a trophy car is more of a status symbol. flaunting money through your ride. how do you not understand this??? sure this can be with any car. but it's much more so with SUV's. and it's more pointless with them.

it matters how many people are in them because it's a fucking waste of gas. it'd seem to make sense to me that these should be for some sensible reason like toting more people or goods, or driving through extreme terrain.


"even if SUV's are trophy cars, and even if they do cause more damage to the environment than regular cars, it changes nothing. "
not quite sure what you're getting at, what's your angle?

these acts of sabatoge are aimed at hurting the industry. i personally think they do hurt the industry. noone is going to buy one because of this. it could hurt sales. i know people who are afraid to put peace stuff on the car for fear of being targeted. same applies to SUV'ers. if you think you're a target you may think twice.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

quasifoto wrote:

it matters how many people are in them because it's a fucking waste of gas. it'd seem to make sense to me that these should be for some sensible reason like toting more people or goods, or driving through extreme terrain.


"even if SUV's are trophy cars, and even if they do cause more damage to the environment than regular cars, it changes nothing. "
not quite sure what you're getting at, what's your angle?

these acts of sabatoge are aimed at hurting the industry. i personally think they do hurt the industry. noone is going to buy one because of this. it could hurt sales. i know people who are afraid to put peace stuff on the car for fear of being targeted. same applies to SUV'ers. if you think you're a target you may think twice.


suv sales are still going up. nobody is worried about this stuff. if they burn your car... you get another one. insurance pays for it.

riding by yourself is a waste of gas? thats dumb, what if i'm the only one who wants to go to the beach today? Should i just not go? what if someone owns an suv and has to work everyday, should they get friends to ride with them so that its not wasting gas?

and sarcastro had no angle. he stated the way it is. this is just terrorism. these people are evil shits. most people who dont like christians, will say its because christians are 'brats who have to have it their way or nothing at all. and if you disagree, then you are just wrong". well, whats the difference here? I respect their opinion that suv's are bad, i wont make them drive one. but why cant they respect me in return? let me have this one. these people make me understand the logic of canibals.

i am glad to see you mention that you understand the use of suv's for people who live in rough terrain areas. thats more than most people will say. usually thats the people who've never left the confines of a city though. 'if its rough terrain, then just dont go there. you dont need an suv." i've actually seen that written on the net... ya know not everywhere is all paved roads and sidewalks. not everywhere is new york.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:03 pm
 
FoJaR



Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 1534
Location: VA.
 Reply with quote  

and HGH, didnt you get an SUV so that you could just run other cars over anyways? we all know you care nothing for others, the environment, or humanity in general. well, at least the smart people on the forum do...

telling HGH that his car is "bad for the environment" makes him laugh with delight.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

I don't buy the whole ELF thing. They don't succeed really...they just alienate their movement from the mainstream. They do more harm than good. It just feels really good to imagine them fucking up some asshole's SUV. But really, it does more to drive people away from environmentalism than anything else.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

FoJaR wrote:
and HGH, didnt you get an SUV so that you could just run other cars over anyways? we all know you care nothing for others, the environment, or humanity in general. well, at least the smart people on the forum do...

telling HGH that his car is "bad for the environment" makes him laugh with delight.


you bandwagon ride nicely.

i had ONE accident ever. and i said the truth "i dont regret it". the guy i hit ran a stop sign routinely in my neighborhood. a neighborhood filled with kids. this time i happened to be passing through at the right time.

it was either me ripping through his little car with my suv to teach a lesson, or let him keep running it and eventually possibly hit a kid.
thanks... but i'd smash his shit again.

and as for the environment... there is other bad shit going on too and i dont see anyone talking shit about them. suv's just catch a bad wrap because of peope's ideas of them.
the main 2 types of people who talk shit about them are people who work shitty jobs and dont think they can afford them.
and the people who live in large cities where suv's really are pointless.

my suv is fine where i live. AND since you remember that thread so well... lets do this.
whats so bad about SUV's? the gas and emissions right?
well... what did i say in that thread about how often i drive my explorer? i even stated how much money i was spending on gas on average at the time.
we all know you dont pay attention and only quote whats convenient... well at least the smart people do.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:19 pm
 
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:
It just feels really good to imagine them fucking up some asshole's SUV.


no, what feels good is imagining if the meat council of america was this bullheaded and cloudy-visioned. they could burn down tofu factories and vegan restaurants. dope.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:22 pm
 
quasifoto



Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 975
Location: Albany
 Reply with quote  

sales may be going up but they might be 1% higher had this group not existed. these people are just trying to make an impact. with all the attention i don't know how you could say they aren't. some people are obviously worried about it.

If your the only one who wants to go to the beach and you drive in a Suburban vs a Sentra your using more gas. The whole concept is that these people don't NEED SUV's. That's the point. Any movement that uses economic sabatage is terrorist? I disagree.

I understand that a very small percentage of SUV owners need them for rough terrain! Come on.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

johnny yuma wrote:
djdee2005 wrote:
It just feels really good to imagine them fucking up some asshole's SUV.


no, what feels good is imagining if the meat council of america was this bullheaded and cloudy-visioned. they could burn down tofu factories and vegan restaurants. dope.



Who the fuck are you arguing with? I just said that while it feels really good to environmentalists, its stupid and wrong.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

then if you do understand that some people do need suvs... how can you support the DEALERS being "Punished" like this? they are just providing vehicles its up to the consumer to know which type is needed.

if someone feels the need to destroy someone's personal property, wouldnt it make more sense to find those mythical soccer moms with the suv's and burn THOSE suvs? or at least stick to burning the idiotic versions of suvs. the ones made by honda, kia, etc... the ones that are too little to be used for nearly any useful purpose, and have little 4 cylinder engines that are NOT going to do anything off of a paved suface. if they did THAT kind of destruction... i could see their reasoning, i would still disagree with it on all grounds... but at least there would be more thought behind it than blind actions.

what if someone hated smokers and decided to kneecap anyone they saw with a cigarette? same premise... its dumb. its senseless. it is that persons right to smoke, even if its bad, so FORCEFULLY stopping it is wrong. same with the suv issue. if its bad or not... its a person's right, and forcefully stopping it is wrong.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:35 pm
 
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:

Who the fuck are you arguing with? I just said that while it feels really good to environmentalists, its stupid and wrong.


i was making a sarcastic point. that you CAN NOT force YOUR values onto other people. thats what america does and everyone hates it... but when environmentalists do it... its suddenly cool. what the fuck.
does no one else even see this?
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:37 pm
 
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 4333
Location: LA
 Reply with quote  

johnny yuma wrote:
djdee2005 wrote:

Who the fuck are you arguing with? I just said that while it feels really good to environmentalists, its stupid and wrong.


i was making a sarcastic point. that you CAN NOT force YOUR values onto other people. thats what america does and everyone hates it... but when environmentalists do it... its suddenly cool. what the fuck.
does no one else even see this?


no, you make SOME good points
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

thank you. i think. haha
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:04 pm
 
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 4333
Location: LA
 Reply with quote  

yeah it was a backhanded comlpliment but thats all im giving

backhands
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

i'll take it because i know how much compliments hurt your mouth.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:21 pm
 
Machiavel



Joined: 30 Oct 2002
Posts: 766
 Reply with quote  

SUV's are bad vehicles.

While they accomplish everything that a normal car does, they do not belong in the average drivers hands. Some of these SUV's are so large that they do not fit into the light truck category. and as we all know people have a hard enough time driving normal cars, they dont need 8000lb vehicles to carry their sorry ass to the beach in, sorry.

From a game theorey point of veiw they are bad vehicles as well. While it might be good for one person to own an SUV (as they feel they now have the advantage, like HGH has expressed in other threads, where he talked about how he enjoyed hitting other peoples cars as long as they were crappy honda civics), it is bad for everyone in a non SUV vehicle as a non SUV car will destroy a normal car where the SUV is striking the other car head on. So when does infringing on other peoples right to having a safe road to drive on cross the line into infringing on your right to drive whatever the fuck you want.

SUV's are also deceptively dangerous, Their high ride hights, while one of the things people love about them makes them extremely prone to rollovers in single and double car accidents. Their immense weight means that it is much more difficult to stop a large SUV than it is to stop the average car, luckily people have ABS now, but even so, it still takes longer to stop an SUV in the event of an emergency braking situation (this has to do with many things, ride hight and weight transfer are a couple of them also)

The fact that SUV's are so much more innefficient is just the icing on the cake for why SUV's are bad. I ask you this, why do we only have strict emmisions on cars(in most places), while SUV's have very little, and the larger SUV's have none. Yet SUV's outnumber cars in sales, and in someplaces in vehicles on the road. Seems to me since there are more of them and they burn more feul they should be even more restricted as far as emmissions go. I guess that would be the logical answer, but not the profitable answer.

SUV's are also terrible in all weather conditions, you are far better off in a car with all wheel drive than in a truck or SUV of some sort, in any road situation, and most unpaved / light traveled roads. (this also has to do with weight, and their design and center of gravity, moreso with SUV's than with Trucks)

im not writing this for HGH as i know he will disagree with everything i have said, because like fojar pointed out he pretty much acts like he could give a shit about the environment or anyone else. Yes Carbon monoxide is bad for you, it isnt smog, i believe what is commonly known as smog is nitrogen dioxide, i could be wrong though, but it is much less harmfull for you than carbon monoxide. (in fact the ethonal they put in many states gasses is actually arguably worse than just leaving it the way it is, as it takes emmissions to make the ethonal, then the ethonal slightly reduces carbon monoxide emmissions but increases nitrogen emmissions.)

And as a last note, while ELF might not be doing anything good, burning SUV's, is probably worse for the environment than the gass they would burn (burning plastic/paint/oil ect). I guess you could call what they do terrorism, although im not sure many people actually fear it. It probably costs a dealership an increase in premiums, and a deductable, but thats about all i imagine it really does. Other than make pro environment people look bad.

But lastly if you dont think that insurance companies would increase the price of insurance for something like this(especially if it became more frequent) you know little about the insurance industry. If your business is giving money away at random intervals of time, the idea is to have enough money to give them for a random occourance. IF you are giving away more money than you are getting you arent running a very good business. But, anyway, and yeah that part was directed to HGH.

wow i really went off.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon