Search
Register
"Civilians" wearing army clothes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Reggie

Mike McDermot wrote:
wow, i just re-read my post and damn i sounded angry! It's actually not something i feel THAT passionate about, but i do stand by what i said. I thought more ppl would agree with me, but this is an indy hip hop board, and most here would like to believe they're free because of the inherent benevolence of mother nature or something. The fact is people died, lots of people died for your right (which i also hold dear), to criticize your government. I believe they deserve our respect, thank you for the thoughtful post Strange.

Yeah, you're right. We should stop wearing camo clothing in order to better support the armed forces. That makes a lot of sense.

PS: Stop wearing that gladiator outfit, those people died for your free dumb.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:56 pm
rubix138

well i am in the military and i could give a shit less if someone else wears the uniform like sage is. i hate wearing that uniform, when i get off work the first thing i do when i step in the door is take that thing off. i dont know too many people who enjoy wearing it. also i've never heard anyone complain about civilians wearing them. however some brain washed marine dumbass might feel otherwise. i'm not really your typical dumbass service member though who are all supportive of war. i really dont know but a few people in the service who are anti-war like i am.

just my 2 kronur.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:29 pm
Mike McDermot

Reggie wrote:
Mike McDermot wrote:
wow, i just re-read my post and damn i sounded angry! It's actually not something i feel THAT passionate about, but i do stand by what i said. I thought more ppl would agree with me, but this is an indy hip hop board, and most here would like to believe they're free because of the inherent benevolence of mother nature or something. The fact is people died, lots of people died for your right (which i also hold dear), to criticize your government. I believe they deserve our respect, thank you for the thoughtful post Strange.

Yeah, you're right. We should stop wearing camo clothing in order to better support the armed forces. That makes a lot of sense.

PS: Stop wearing that gladiator outfit, those people died for your free dumb.

Maybe its my fault but thanks for COMPLETELY missing my point
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:47 pm
bensandoval

technically i'm a civilian but i have a military id card cuz pops was in the air force for 20 years.

i've worn a lot of his old jackets. they say 'sandoval' across the right breast. neat-o if you ask me.

i REALLY don't like arguing on this board but someone said something to the effect of "they should always wear their uniforms so we can spot the idiots". this is silly.

granted, you should go into the military because you want to protect your country, but shit doesn't always go the way you want them to. my dad dropped out of high school at 15 to work at a copper mine to help pay for his mom's cancer treatment. she died when he was 19. he had no education, and relatively no money. he worked there for 2 more years, earned his g.e.d. and eventually saved up enough money to go to college. or so he though. he was flat broke after one full year. this was about the time he met my mom and i was more/less on the way. the most responsible thing he's ever done was join the military. he eventually went on to get a college degree and teach mechanics how to fix ejection seats in jets.

all i'm sayin is that people get put into situations where they have to decide between the lesser of two evils. for my dad it was either be a broke-ass husband who would be struggling to take care of his family or join the military and at least not really have to worry about where the money was gonna come from. never once has he tried to get me to join. he always wanted me to actually do something that i wanted to with my life as opposed to doing something i really didn't want to but had to.

this is way off on the whole jacket thing but sometimes heads on here tend to be judgemental as hell. people join the military for thousands of reasons and group them all as idiots or whatever was said is pretty dumb.

no disrespect to whoever made the comment but you just gotta factor in other variables sometimes. you don't have every answer.

sorry for the ridiculous length.

-ben
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:13 pm
Reggie

Mike McDermot wrote:
Maybe its my fault but thanks for COMPLETELY missing my point

No, I think you're completely missing the point. You can take your "freedom" and jam it in your ear. I didn't ask anyone to die for my rights and I certainly didn't ask anyone to kill for them. Nothing is guaranteed. I only expect to speak until I am silenced. So instead of laying a thinly-conceived guilt trip about who is defending what freedoms, try a little empathy. Everything is everything.

All that being said, if wearing U.S. Army gear is some kind of statement, it is a poor and confused one.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:36 am
pakilicious

barlow wrote:
PS. I know exactly where the Karachi is. It is in Bradford.

I was born in Bradford? hmm I didnt know that.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:36 am
barlow

Pakilicious wrote:
barlow wrote:
PS. I know exactly where the Karachi is. It is in Bradford.

I was born in Bradford? hmm I didnt know that.

You didn't know you were born in Bradford?
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:59 am
pakilicious

shit now i have to change my nick to Bradfordilicious
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:24 am
barlow

Pakilicious wrote:
shit now i have to change my nick to Bradfordilicious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/features/rick_stein.shtml
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:32 am
furiousgeorge

johnny yuma wrote:
good question.

my question is, should military fucks be allowed to wear civilian clothing?
if they always wear their uniform, we would always be able to spot the idiots of society.

sandoval said it better than i can but i still gots to say it

johnny you are a stupid fuck who are you to say that when people dont agree with you that they are an idiot, wether you belive in it or not those people are fighting and dying for somthing they belive in, my friend died in iraq and he was far from an idiot. and on top of the alot of people who join the army need the money to feed their family and to go to college. so shut the fuck up about things you dont know about... also i do see the irony of me calling him a stupid fuck

patrick
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:05 pm
hugh grants hooker

look dufus, your boy went there to kill people.

"do unto others as you'd have them do unto you"
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:07 pm

furiousgeorge

i dont think religion has anything to do with this.even if you use that worn out quote you should realize that you disrespecting people will result in you be disrespected. im not one to get allinto message board beef so i sadi my part and how i feel about the situation so im done

patrick
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:13 pm
FoJaR

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU INTERNET BEEF SALAD TOSSERS!

I SAID SHUT UP!
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:15 pm
rubix138

sandoval wrote:
technically i'm a civilian but i have a military id card cuz pops was in the air force for 20 years.

i've worn a lot of his old jackets. they say 'sandoval' across the right breast. neat-o if you ask me.

i REALLY don't like arguing on this board but someone said something to the effect of "they should always wear their uniforms so we can spot the idiots". this is silly.

granted, you should go into the military because you want to protect your country, but shit doesn't always go the way you want them to. my dad dropped out of high school at 15 to work at a copper mine to help pay for his mom's cancer treatment. she died when he was 19. he had no education, and relatively no money. he worked there for 2 more years, earned his g.e.d. and eventually saved up enough money to go to college. or so he though. he was flat broke after one full year. this was about the time he met my mom and i was more/less on the way. the most responsible thing he's ever done was join the military. he eventually went on to get a college degree and teach mechanics how to fix ejection seats in jets.

all i'm sayin is that people get put into situations where they have to decide between the lesser of two evils. for my dad it was either be a broke-ass husband who would be struggling to take care of his family or join the military and at least not really have to worry about where the money was gonna come from. never once has he tried to get me to join. he always wanted me to actually do something that i wanted to with my life as opposed to doing something i really didn't want to but had to.

this is way off on the whole jacket thing but sometimes heads on here tend to be judgemental as hell. people join the military for thousands of reasons and group them all as idiots or whatever was said is pretty dumb.

no disrespect to whoever made the comment but you just gotta factor in other variables sometimes. you don't have every answer.

sorry for the ridiculous length.

-ben

this is why i joined. i put my self into a shitty situation and the pay of the military seemed like a good way to get out of that situation. however it wasnt really until i got divorced and now military life is much better. i'm all against war but i've seen places i would have never dreamed of seeing due to the military. not everyone in the military is a dumbass, thats just stereotypical. i basically due what my bosses tell me to do, just like you do at your job, the only difference is your job may or may not be affecting the world in the same way mine is. if i didnt join the military i'm sure some recruiter would have suckered some other young guy into joining. thanks sandoval for pointing out things that people dont understand of why people join the military. when i was in basic training they asked us one day why we joined, not one person said to go to war or to defend there country. the most common answer was for the money and for helping pay for college. for not having a degree i think i make pretty decent money which i could never make working a civilian job. plus i've learned skills that can get me a civilian job making more money as well. if you really wanna be pissed off at someone, be pissed off at those old white guys called politicians. there the ones making the decisions.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:16 pm
hugh grants hooker

thats called the 'golden rule'. i learned it in 1st grade, not church. haha

alot of people i went to high school with are in iraq right now... ya know what i think about it? fuck em. if they wanna go kill people, they run the risk that the fox may hunt the hound.

if they just HAD to join the military, they should of gotten some kind of specialized training so they wouldnt be grunting in the desert.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next