Search
Register
std question
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

marge

Herpes is a virus and there is no cure for it. They have drugs you can take daily to supress outbreaks or you can take drugs to treat when you have an outbreak. I learned that from a Valtrex commercial. Chicken pox and shingles are also related to the herpes virus.

As for the AIDS question, you could trnasmit it either way, but there would have to be an open sore on you to contract it from her. It would be more likely for you to give it to her during oral sex.

Though it may be ackward asking someone if they've been tested, it's a hell of alot less ackward than having to tell your next girl that you have something. But there are some scandalous hoes (male and female) in this world and they may tell you "yeah I've been tested, I'm fine" or something to that affect, when they really aren't. If you think you are at risk for AIDS you should be tested every 6 months, cause you could get negative results but it could actually show up 6 months later.

You're gonna do what you want, but the best advice is to stick with one person you trust. (It's hard to find someone like that!)
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ryan

herpes is forever, yes.. there's alotta different types of herpes that can purdy much get at any part of your body.. the common places are the genitals and the mouth and face..
i believe it's been estimated that up to 80% of the population has herpes.. there's plenty of ppl who have it and don't have any clue 'cause they don't get outbreaks and most std screenings don't screen for herpes..
herpes is what causes cold sores, so if you get one, get it checked out..
alotta ppl who have herpes end up building an immunity to it.. some ppl only get one outbreak in their lifetime..
and you don't have to have symptoms of herpes to spread it.. that means, no outbreak, and it's still possible to spread it..
if you're worried then go get tested.. 'cause it can take a long time to show up if you have it..
but i know there's a vaccine that might possibly be used on women within a year or two.. so a vaccine for men might follow..

also, from what i know most doctors/scientists think it's unlikely to get hiv thru saliva.. and if you had that, all sorts of shit would start going wrong..

then something like crabs, christ you could get crabs from the chicks eyebrows.. but that's quite a stretch.. i guess i'm just telling you for knowledge sake..

so, basically i think you should just worry about herpes, if anything at all, unless the sucker of the cock was really skanky and homely..
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:54 pm
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

Machiavel wrote:
alright vintge, the one who judges intelegince by use of spell check. I apologize for my shitty grammar.

and fuck you for calling my friend a liar. I know them far better than you, so your argument there sucks. Probably dick, so be carefull to not get herpes.

And of course its uncomfortable and whack to ask somone if theyve been tested. its your call though.

well its intelligence, and to correct your grammer, its spelling not grammer which i was correcting.

but i dont judge intelligence by spell check i was just pointing out the irony in that statement.

i judge intelligence much more on a persons ability to understand what another person is saying in their posts.

Last edited by vintge on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:57 pm
The Dude Abides

grammer.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:27 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

inteliogence
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:01 pm
The Dude Abides

Man, i'm so glad i never caught herpes. That would suck.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:10 pm
invisiblemcs

it would suck. i get tested all the time. ive got enough stress as it is
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:21 pm
marge

If you've had a cold sore or even the chicken pox then you've had a form of herpes. There is this thing called Zoster, it comes from the chicken pox virus, you can carry it around in your body till you're about 50 or 60 and when your immune system is weakened it attacks your nerves, usually on one side of your face.

Ryan, I've heard the same thing about saliva not being likely to transmit HIV, but if there were an open sore on the mouth and it were to come in contact with infected semen there is a chance it could be contracted.

Can you get hepatitis from oral sex???? I know that shit can sit on a dry surface for days and still be contagious.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vintge

The Dude Abides wrote:
grammer.

ha, true
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:59 pm
Machiavel

vintge wrote:

well its intellegence, and to correct your grammer, its spelling not grammer which i was correcting.

but i dont judge intellegence by spell check i was just pointing out the irony in that statement.

i judge intellegence much more on a persons ability to understand what another person is saying in their posts.

judging somone on thier grammar and thier spelling is essentially the same thing. nitpicky bullshit. Sorry i didnt say spelling asshole.

and i know what youve said in everyone one of your posts. i dont like any of it, a) you say im wrong, b) you say im dumb and c) you say im a liar. so you know what. Fuck you.

just to point out you spelled intelligence wrong. Your first sentence makes little sense grammatically also, because you arent correcting my grammar, you were correcting me my improper use of grammar.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:01 pm
vintge

Machiavel wrote:
no jackass you didnt. And i know at least one person who has gotten a a-typical std from oral sex (not herpes). if the probability is 0, they wouldnt have gotten it would they? So fuck you, and fuck your studies. You think i could in healthy consious tell this kid that shit wont happen? yeah its not likely, but car accidents are unlikely too but people still wear seatbelts.

so this "at least" one person you know, what std did he get?

and he got this from having his dick sucked?
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:02 pm
vintge

yeah, i failed the whole spelling thing.

i could have been cool.......once.

a) well yes im saying you are wrong only to say "dont listen to him" in your first post

b) i never said you were dumb

c) i never called you a liar i said your friend was lying. ok ok he was "bending the truth"
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:06 pm
Machiavel

vintge wrote:

a) well yes im saying you are wrong only to say "dont listen to him" in your first post

Which i said because i felt you didnt give sound advice, and thus the next point, and you then reassured me that it was sound advice.

vintge wrote:

b) i never said you were dumb

You then said that i was less intelegent than you. Which implies that i am dumb.

vintge wrote:

c) i never called you a liar i said your friend was lying. ok ok he was "bending the truth"

By me vouching for my friend ( i know this is truth ) you are calling me a liar.

Look i can drop the whole thing, i just wanted this guy to know that he can get most std's through oral sex. He might not encounter them in normal situation's or they might be extremely rare sitations, but he can encounter them. With an open sore one of the 2 could get hiv, like i said before virii travel between mouths, and he could get anathor std if she just gave anathor guy oral.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:14 pm
vintge

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite.jsp?page=pr-rr-05
do with it what you will

and yes its only one discussion of a very very very large discussion

but for this situtation, and sorry if i sound like an asshole, im guessing this dude is 16-20 year old and is talking about getting his dick sucked and getting a disease and there is an extremely low chance. unless, as hugh grants hooker says, he is going down on an extremely overweight girl and hits the G-spot of one of those horrible fat girls pics posted and she blows a cheese volcano down his face, mouth nose neck chest breast and head.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:20 pm
Always the Sucker

A. This bickering shit is horrible. It has to stop. Kiss and make up, or drop it, or go elsewhere...... PLEASE. For all the rest of us.

B. I guess it is possible to get an std from a BJ, but so unlikely as to make it a waste of time to worry about (from the blowee's perspective)

C. If ANYBODY in this situation needs to worry about a BJ being a cause of an STD, it has got to be the blower.

I think the trick is to make sure you get the head of your dick so far down her throat that you bypass any possible cuts, sores, or openings in the skin. Get it down there as far as you can, and keep pushing repeatedly. Failsafe STD protection, right there.

I think that's posted somewhere on the Center for Disease Control website. Really.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next