Search
Register
Man Hasn't Eaten for Eight Years
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

sleeklegend

Man Hasn't Eaten for Eight Years  Reply with quote  

I thought this was cool, especially since this guy is from the same state as I am in India.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6674628^13762,00.html

Man 'surviving on sun, liquids'
From correspondents in New Delhi
June 30, 2003

AN Indian man who claims to have survived only on liquids and sunlight for eight years has been invited by NASA to show how he does it.

Hira Ratan Manek - a 64-year-old mechanical engineer who lives in the southern state of Kerala, apparently started disliking food in 1992, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported. In 1995, he went on a pilgrimage to the Himalayas and stopped eating on his return.

His wife Vimla said: "Every evening he looks at the sun for one hour without batting an eyelid. It is his main food. Occasionally he has coffee, tea or some liquid."

Last June, US scientists found Mr Manek had spent 130 days surviving only on water. They even named this subsistence after him: The HRM (Hira Ratan Manek) Phenomenon.

The US space agency hopes to use the technique to solve food storage and preservation problems on its expeditions.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'll tell you what...

astronauts are NOT really feeling this guy right now.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:57 pm
Ryan

maybe a dedicated few.. heh

i think it's amazing.. i've noticed that i feed off the sun's energy on a lesser scale..

cloudy days are beatdowns.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:01 pm
ImmortallyWounded

There is a gland, called the pineal gland, located between your eyes that produces serotonin. It is solar active. It's what Hindus call the third eye.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:16 pm
rubix138

I'll tell you what...

astronauts are NOT really feeling this guy right now.

haha. i have to agree with that. i cant go probably more than 12 hours without food.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:16 pm
bensandoval

i have learned to live without food which sucks cuz i love the shit out of it, but i have next to no $ for it

i've gone 3 days, but then it's too much

drink LOTS of water
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:53 pm
Daniel Carver

speaking of fasting and such,..has anyone ever tried, or known someone who has tried "The Master Cleanser"? http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4477/mclem.htm

btw the pineal gland produces melatonin not seratonin.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:51 pm
Wish Sammich

The Egyptians were keen to the third eye, which produces both melatonin and seratonin.

This guy must not have a very high energy output.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:05 pm
Daniel Carver

tru dat.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:11 pm
Clark Nova

ImmortallyWounded wrote:
There is a gland, called the pineal gland, located between your eyes that produces serotonin. It is solar active. It's what Hindus call the third eye.

I beleive the third eye is the pituitary gland, the pineal is the crown chakra- it is light sensative in some lower vertibrates, hence light from above.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:47 pm
firefly

http://www.clairvision.org/CKB/CKBB/CKBB_000_215/ATE_03_06.html

3.6 The Tunnel of the Third Eye
"A useful hint that can be given is not to consider the eye as a patch or a fifty cent coin on the forehead. In reality, the third eye is more like a pipe or a tunnel, going from the area in the middle of the eyebrows to the occipital bone at the back of the head."

Figure III.6 The tunnel of the third eye

All along the tunnel are a number of centers of energy, through which one can connect with different worlds and areas of consciousness.This explains why different systems may 'locate' the third eye in different places - each of them chooses a different center along the pipe as a reference point, or even a structure of energy adjacent to the tunnel.

Another important point to keep in mind is that the third eye is not physical. The grossest part of the third eye is a structure of energy belonging to the etheric body, or layer of life force.The etheric body has many connections with the physical body and therefore the third eye, being the 'main switch' of the etheric body, is also closely connected to certain structures of the physical body, for instance the pituitary and the pineal glands.

However, it would be over-simplified to say that the third eye is the pineal gland or the pituitary gland, as stated by certain books. For, as explained before, the tunnel of the third eye isn't physical. It impacts its energy on a number of structures of the physical body, including the frontal sinus, the optic nerves and their chiasma, the nerves of the cribriform plate of the ethmoid bone, the pituitary and the pineal glands, some of the nuclei at the center of the brain, the ventricles of the brain and others. It would be far too simplistic and limited to pick one of these physical structures and label it 'third eye'. For the third eye is not physical: it is an organ of energy. It may have some privileged connections with certain physical structures, but it can't be limited to any of them."

Source: Awakening the Third Eye, section 3.6
Clairvision School Foundation 1990.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:15 am
rae_rae

my best friends step-dad was in vietnam...and he thinks that the government puts stuff in the water...so he won't drink water...and he hasn't since the 70's.

he drinks miller lite and diet pepsi....and he is still kicking.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:36 am
bensandoval

does he know that both of those drinks contain water?
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:44 pm
Lack Melanin

rae_rae wrote:
my best friends step-dad was in vietnam...and he thinks that the government puts stuff in the water...so he won't drink water...and he hasn't since the 70's.

yeah the government puts chloreine(sp?) (to keep it clean) and floride (which makes teeth whiter). city water is better for you than poland spring evian fiji and aquafina.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:30 pm
Emseeyi

Quote:

Originally posted by rae_rae

how big are his kidney stones?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:09 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next