View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Reasonable sounding assumptions = common sense
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:47 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Common sense is what tells us the earth is flat.

You should listen to your uncle sneeb, kids....

As for Amo1ne... again, you just gave your opinion. You didn't give one single factual piece of information. Just conjecture and speculation.

We didn't have the technology to land on the moon. We orbitted the earth a few times and came back down. You type some nonsense like "they all saw the rocket leave and they had to splashdown in the ocean, see sneeb see!" i never said they never rocketed off earth... the entire post was smoke and mirrors... if it fooled you then you are a 19 yr old dunce.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
duck_shoe

Well give us the facts to counter the so-called opinions.

It's easy to say "You're wrong." What's hard is actually backing it up. You've done the former, now try the latter.

Quote:

We orbitted the earth a few times and came back down.

Speaking of opinions...

Last edited by duck_shoe on Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:14 pm
am01ne

SneebDotCom wrote:
Common sense is what tells us the earth is flat.

No, that would be a judgment lacking sense.

You should listen to your uncle sneeb, kids....

As for Amo1ne... again, you just gave your opinion. You didn't give one single factual piece of information. Just conjecture and speculation.

I did state fact. I explained why your theories are stupid. I did it with reason and general knowledge. It IS determined fact that the moon landing was NOT a hoax. It IS a lack of common sense and the process of excercising judgement that would debate such reason.

We didn't have the technology to land on the moon. We orbitted the earth a few times and came back down.

How can anybody with the slightest indication of intelligence actually try to formulate a debate based on factual evidence regarding such a ridiculously stupid statement? You are the one lacking "facts" my friend. You are just repeating nonsense which was fed to you. I am telling you otherwise. Explain what the futile purpose of such stupid and costly actions would prove? Are you not aware that people are able to monitor via satelite the path of shuttles in orbit? Dis Nassau employ stealth tactics to fool the world? Did they hide their shuttle under a big black sheet painted with little white stars so that they could sneak around the globe in orbit without being seen for a week? Are you aware that the Apollo astronauts brought back hundreds of moon rocks with them for testing and research? It seems very clear to anybody with a general sense of knowledge that you are the one lacking judgement and fact...
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:16 pm
am01ne

duck_shoe wrote:
Well give us the facts to counter the so-called opinions.

It's easy to say "You're wrong." What's hard is actually backing it up. You've done the former, now try the latter.

Thank you. It is in fact, very difficult to defend the obvious exploitations of an ignorant group of people looking to gain media attention through the even more thoughtless brains behind Fox programming, by repeating the same nonsensical rhetoric perceptions one witnessed on tv - without any common sense of judgement or basic knowledge on the controversy/theory matter.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:25 pm
am01ne

sextilliondollarman wrote:
there was a documentary that told of a program that japan is working on a telescope that will prove if the moon landing is real or not. take it or leave it...it was on tv.

Are you guys really this stupid?

Sure, thats great proof!!

Lets plant a little nylon flag on the surface of an interplanetary star, without any ozone layer, exposed to extreme ammounts of ultraviolet radiation and in the direct path of raining meteorites constantly striking, and than we'll look through a telescope 30 years later to see if we can see it... way to go Japan, that's brilliant!

Why dont we just drop a kleenex out of an airplane over Iowa and than without thinking, waste months of our time trying to find it to prove absolutely nothing since it had no signifigance to begin with.

Talk about common sense...

Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:22 pm
sliquid

this is the funniest thread ever.

Uncle Sneeb made himself look stupid. hah

Quote:

again, you just gave your opinion. You didn't give one single factual piece of information. Just conjecture and speculation.

A case of the pot calling the kettle black....
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:36 pm
sextilliondollarman

am01ne wrote:
there was a documentary that told of a program that japan is working on a telescope that will prove if the moon landing is real or not. take it or leave it...it was on tv.

Are you guys really this stupid?

Sure, thats great proof!!

Lets plant a little nylon flag on the surface of an interplanetary star, without any ozone layer, exposed to extreme ammounts of ultraviolet radiation and in the direct path of raining meteorites constantly striking, and than we'll look through a telescope 30 years later to see if we can see it... way to go Japan, that's brilliant!

Why dont we just drop a kleenex out of an airplane over Iowa and than without thinking, waste months of our time trying to find it to prove absolutely nothing since it had no signifigance to begin with.

i believe that nasa knows the exact location of where they "landed"..where the rover is and flag..its possible
ha am01ne are you sure you arent bill oreilly from fox?
you are so "book smart" im glad that you know soooo much about this..really i am...i like how your "common sense" is on point..why dont you quit trying to sell junk on ebay and become a astronaut....huh buddy?
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:01 pm

am01ne

i believe that nasa knows the exact location of where they "landed"..where the rover is and flag..its possible]

i guess that last post wasnt clear enough for you to understand... nevermind than.

ha am01ne are you sure you arent bill oreilly from fox?

you are so "book smart" im glad that you know soooo much about this..really i am...i like how your "common sense" is on point..why dont you quit trying to sell junk on ebay and become a astronaut....huh buddy

I think I will buddy
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:14 pm
sextilliondollarman

am01ne wrote:

I think I will buddy

ok
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:23 pm

Machiavel

am01ne wrote:

As for the flag thing... it was waving despite the fact that there is no atmosphere in space for a pretty blatantly obvious reason... it was in motion and an object in motion will remain in motion without the laws of gravity to work against it. That's the first law of physics right there.

ACTUALLY, thats not the first law of physics. I assume you mean newtons laws of motion.
Newton's first law of motion is often stated as

An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Since the fact that the flag to wave is an oscilation, gravity has nothing to do with the lateral oscilations of the flag, and It it being acted upon by the flagpole, so your point is horribly misconstrued there heh. just to let you know it isnt newtons first law of motion that lets that happen. The moon obviously has gravity also, otherwise things would just float off of it.

I think the best explination for the flag waving is that the astronauts made it wave. It didnt drop as fast because there is less gravity on the moon, and if you understand wave dynamics you would understand why it would at least seem to wave for a short amount of time. heh, anyway.

oh yeah and dood, the moon isnt an interplanetary star. Its actually a sattelite orbiting the earth.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:03 pm
am01ne

Im also pretty sure Nassau would have assumed that any store bought flag would just fall flat against the flagpole on the moon and so they probably designed or had one made in a way to exagerate the effects of the "wave motions" so that it would look more prestigious in the photographs. And yeah... Newton's law of motion, my bad... still the same concept.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:10 pm
duck_shoe

Such elaborate explanations...if you look at the picture it's obvious. The bar at the top is not fully extended, to the flag looks like a curtain that's not open all the way. It's no accident.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:47 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

I will kill all of you for this! I am so very embarrassed and definitely definitely knocked down a peg.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Craig a.d.

i hate the space program.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:15 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next