93%
 93%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 32

Craig a.d.

im a fucking idiot!!

lets get stupid!!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:12 pm
Bles

I don't want to get into a big debate over this but...

Did the thought that writing for a cartoon (The Simpsons) and writing for a late night talk show (Late Night) might differ in a lot of ways? I'd be willing to bet most good story writers wouldn't be good stand up comics... is it even worth arguing it's a different ball game?

The fact that you even have to bring up someones past accomplishments to add some boost to defend what he's doing now should say something.

I don't even know what years Conan wrote for The Simpsons, but the early 90's ones weren't as good as the mid 90's if you ask me...

Thanks for the Dorito though... that was a good line...

yea
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:15 pm
futuristxen

Jay Leno is such a fucking tool. And like someone said, he's still doing OJ and Monica jokes.

I can't stand Jay Leno. To go from Johnny Carson to that is blasphemous. Frankly Late Night all sucks. But Conan's show is the only one I can enjoy on a level even close to consistent.

Conan, like someone said, Wrote for SNL and Simpsons--maybe Standup isn't his thing, but he can write some cool skits. He's come up with some pretty great stuff over the years. The Secrets segment. Mr. T. Pimp Bot. The Masturbating Bear.

I also think Conan is a much better interveiwer. He takes the most boring guests and makes them still funny and interesting.

All of that said. The Daily Show with John Stewart shits on all of them. Kilborn was really holding that show back. Stewart owns.

I don't know anyone personally who likes Jay Leno. Or who will admit to liking him, I guess.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:17 pm
slothrop

jay leno is not funny at all, just the way he delivers his jokes,corny and his interviews are boring. i think david letterman is the best late night host, i never liked conan before but now that guy is fucking hilarious. craig kilborn was funnier on the daily show but his late night show isn't bad. damn i can't think of his name but the guy on the daily show with john stewart, might be miles, not sure but he cuts to him for news updates and shit, he is better than all of them...
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:22 pm
firefly

Leno sucks. His jokes suck. His skits suck. His interviews suck. He fuckin' sucks. There, that settle's it.

K, seriously though, Leno's jokes are so cheap and he has no class. Example: When Reberto Benini was on his show he was actually making fun of the way he speaks English, which is just a way to get a cheap laugh. The ironic thing is that Benini could speak MUCH better English then Leno could speak Italian and Leno is like 100% (or close to that) Italian. He doesn't have to the ability to be goofy and not care about what people think the way Benini does. When he went on Conan they ending up doing one of the funniest segments I've ever seen. Conan treats his guests with respect while Leno exploits them.

One of the best parts of Conan's show too is that his writers act out the sketch's they write. It has an SNL type of vibe. Plus a LOT of surprises occur and a lot of his funnier stuff happens spontaneously.

Shit I gotta go. . .
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:56 pm
Bles

Leno is only half Italian, but ok. His mother is Scottish...
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:04 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Conan is ALOT funnier than leno.

And the poll shows it
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:13 pm
zeem

futuristxen wrote:

All of that said. The Daily Show with John Stewart shits on all of them. Kilborn was really holding that show back. Stewart owns.

WOOOOOOO

thanks for bringing stewart up, he can write and he has the best crew ever. mo rocca rocks!!!!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:21 pm
Petrouchka Rasputin

You're griping about Conan's relatively paltry jokes? Have you ever watched both shows in succession? They tell almost identical jokes. That's undeniable. The difference is in the delivery, and my opinion is that Conan behaves so bizarrely he can make jokes hilarious that seem stale when stated by Leno. I find Leno mundane, and with much less charisma than Conan has.

I think Conan does better with interviews, too. Who else would exude so much sexual tension while conversing with Martha Stewart, or trade pants with Roberto Benini? (et cetera)

And the skits: Giant Mechanical Santa. Enough said.

And the cast: Masturbating Bear. The Fed Ex Pope. The Prep H guy. Triumph.

It's all a matter of opinion, of course. But really, what I can't understand is why anyone would watch Kilroy, or Kilbourne, whatever his name is, while Conan is on. That is an objectively stupid thing to do.

Last edited by Petrouchka Rasputin on Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:33 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

You have a terrible sense of humor if you think Leno is funny
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
firefly

I used to love the Jon Stewart show when he was on late night. I love that bit he would do with the barbies. I can't believe they replaced him with Killjoy. That guy is such a dick and is soooooo not funny. When Tony Hawk was on the show he kept going on about how he hates "those punk skaters" and I was like "yo, you're talking to a fuckin skater." Tony was like "whaat!?" and Killborne said "no, you're cool, i just hate the punk kids who skate board on the sidewalks and streets and what not" K i'm rambling.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:57 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

First of all... this IS a joke. Bless was trying to get me pissed on instant messenger with this pro-leno talk. If bles really thinks Leno is better than Conan I'll crack up... that is ridiculous.

Conan's monologue is not a guage for his ingenuity and humor. Those arent his jokes. Leno is a douche, by the way. Also, Tom Green show is on every night on MTV now, Also, Conan does better interviews. Leno has the soul of a thousand herpes,
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

ChristopherWalken wrote:
You have a terrible sense of humor if you think Leno is funny

im sorry but i agree with this a little.

actually the live atmosphere and the great co-hosts has made jimmy kimmell the best show lately. but i hate him cause im horribly in love with sara silverman. she seriously has made him funnier lately too. she should have the show instead.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:43 pm
rae_rae

bles wrote:

I don't even know what years Conan wrote for The Simpsons, but the early 90's ones weren't as good as the mid 90's if you ask me...

correct me if i am wrong...but didn't conan write for the simpsons from '93-'98...maybe i am just making these years up...but i do know that conan wrote for 5 years...anyways...he wrote the 'monorail' and that was funny as hell.

i love conan.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:04 pm
McLirious

Shouldn't this thread be 'X'ed?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next