6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Conan O'Brien
93%
 93%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 32

Bles

Leno vs. Conan... I've had enough of this shit  Reply with quote  

This is the first thread I've started in a long time, so the importance of this should go without saying.

I REALLY do not understand how people can say with a straight face that Conan is a) funnier than Leno or b) has a better show. Seriously, for the past couple of years almost every person I come across that I think is relatively smart and has a good taste in comedy surprises and annoys the shit out of me by siding with Conan. iI fucking baffles me.

How can anyone seriously think Conan is topping Leno? Honestly now... do people really think Conan has a good stand up routine? His jokes are SO poorly written sometimes I feel awkward even watching him deliver them. The whole theme is repetitive... night after night it's the same EXACT routine...

"We have a good show tonight... the show is really good"
*zoom in to Max Weinberg's face*
"What... haha look at Max's face... no REALLY, this show is really good, I say that every night but.... it's good"
*zoom in to Max Weinberg's face again as he makes a random remark*

When I watch Leno he ALWAYS has well thought out jokes. They're always witty and you can tell he did his work (or at least his writers did, either way). Conan's are just so... so random. His punchlines have no relevance to his set ups, there's never any wit involved.... and on top of that, they're predictable. And on the very few occassions where he actually does get a good crowd reaction, he borrows a page from his old friend Al Roker and drives that shit into the fucking ground, constantly falling back on it until the point you hear only one guy in the back row say "heh".

Always something about his hair too, shit is so fucking boring.

Now don't get me wrong, I DO sort of like Conan... I mean, I can watch his show, and I think he seems like a pretty nice guy and all, but comedy wise his shit is no match for Leno.

I can't figure out why people are so far on the opposite side. It's mind boggling.

Like Sneeb... you gotta get your act together man.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:21 pm
HeavensDevil

i think they are both wack, but i would choose Conan if I had to pick one.....I always prefer Craig Kilborn...

GB
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HeavensDevil

The thing that drives me nuts about Leno is his OLD ASS JOKES....

come on hes STILL doing OJ Simpson and Bill and Monica jokes....
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RapCat

Conan is better
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:25 pm
Nope

MC Scorpion wrote:
i think they are both wack
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:29 pm
zeem

conan is GAY. he makes so many gay jokes, about HIMSELF. BUT,,,, triumph the insult dog is the best thing ever
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:29 pm
Craig a.d.

bles did you write this from your house in the hamptons? sipping on vintage wine in between riding lessons? i've notice conan having the same routing..but so does leno.. the routine of being awful. and im bringing the whole show in this. not just the beginning. conan has a lot better skits than leno does. leno is still doing the go out and ask people questions on the street bit. and he has sterile interviews with sterile questions that get sterile answers.

but each to his own. -c
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:41 pm
ObliO

conan...hands down...tv still sucks though
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:45 pm
ObliO

conan used to write for the simpsons and SNL, his show is dry humor 90% of the time, and it desn't fit the criterion of HAHA funny that Jay Leno still go's for. he thinks it's Vaudville
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:49 pm
emynd

Is this a joke?

Conan is light years funnier then Leno.

The only funny Leno shit is "Headlines," which of course, is stuff he didn't write.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:03 pm
Bles

...Yea, I wrote it from my house in the Hamptons while drinking whine. Good one. You should write for Conan.

True, Triumph is hilarious... that really is the only part of Conan that is funny... "which of course, is stuff he didn't write". Skits included or skits aside, Leno is way funnier, wittier, and better planned than Conan.

The stand up alone is KILLING Conan. And in all seriousness, anyone that disagrees from this point on out is admitting to being a fucking idiot.

Fuck Conan, Conan sucks.

Soon people will be applauding the BET comics and booing George Carlin.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:48 pm
Nope

The real issue here is why in the fuck you are watching late night tv, and how much of it are you watching of it that you take it this fucking seriously
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:50 pm
zeem

bles wrote:
...Yea, I wrote it from my house in the Hamptons while drinking whine. Good one. You should write for Conan.

True, Triumph is hilarious... that really is the only part of Conan that is funny... "which of course, is stuff he didn't write". Skits included or skits aside, Leno is way funnier, wittier, and better planned than Conan.

The stand up alone is KILLING Conan. And in all seriousness, anyone that disagrees from this point on out is admitting to being a fucking idiot.

Fuck Conan, Conan sucks.

he has a point, i mean all he does is dance around and say one or 2 jokes, then he makes fun of the way the audience is laughing.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:54 pm
Bles

dancing exuberance wrote:

he has a point, i mean all he does is dance around and say one or 2 jokes, then he makes fun of the way the audience is laughing.

exactly!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:59 pm
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

bles wrote:

Fuck Conan, Conan sucks.

what a fucking generalization. who's the idiot. "the bet comics," like every single comic is the same or what. i dont even know what your sentence even means.

not only is leno the wierdest looking dude on television he is not even close to level that conan is on. good for you, you understand jay leno's jokes better, here's a dorito., moron.

conan is one of the greatest writers in television history. if you dont believe me check the early 90's Simpson's. shit you can check the saturday night live from the late 80's too, asshole.

try and mention jay leno in the same breath as the simpsons.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:05 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next