Search
Register
KRS-1 Industry Shutdown(Reality or just talk)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

MenaceSquad

KRS-1 Industry Shutdown(Reality or just talk)  Reply with quote  

heres an excert from an interview done by allhiphop go to http://www.allhiphop.com for the full thing

AHH: What are you gonna do?

KRS-ONE: I'm meeting tonight with MOP, [Freddie] Foxxx, Talib Kweli, who will get the message to Mos Def, a couple other cats; non-industry cats. We gonna shut the whole industry down. Nas is coming in from Texas tonight. Nas is a Queensbridge artist. Go back to the hypocrite. Who has the right to say who is a hypocrite ; Nas or Nelly? Nas is a Queensbridge artist holding the torch that I tried to extinguish. He gets on Power 105 and says, ;Nelly how dare you; THATs HIP-HOP.

AHH: Whats gonna happen!? Give me the news;.

KRS-ONE: I cant its a secret.

AHH: Awwwwwwwww;.

KRS-ONE: Cause Nellys gonna know. This is Alan Greenspan time.

AHH: What do you mean when you say that?

KRS-ONE: When Alan Greenspan says the market is up, the market goes up. When he says we are going to go into a recession, we go into a recession. It aint that we are really in a recession or that the market is really up;

Person in room says: Its because [Greenspan] said so.

KRS-ONE: [Points to himself] Im going to take it to another level. Im going to say, if I dont say its dope, dont buy it,. Watch how Nellys albums stop selling around 2-3 million.

AHH: So this boycott, you were dead serious about it.

KRS-ONE: No. I put it in a rhyme. That will send a message to all them sell outs. You house nigga rapper, your bottom done fell out. Street cats aint buying Nellys album anyway.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:26 am
amano

yeah and watch nelly's record sell 700,000 upon it's release.

I got nothin but love for kris but this whole nelly thing is fuckin pointless.

that diss track he did was kinda weak too btw, he can do MUCH better than that. Then again, he might just be holdin back, who knows.

I don't know what to think of this attempt at an industry shutdown. I'll have to look more into this, it doesn't seem really all that possible at this point, but time will tell I s'pose.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:04 pm
Gee-Q

????  Reply with quote  

i still dont understand what KRS is trying to prove with this whole Nelly thing...
I got Mad love for KRS but this Nelly Boycott thing is probably the corniest thing in the history of HipHop.

Boycott the group "Electic Company" that opened up for KRS last year at Mount Holyoke for being a wannabee Jurassic5

im buggin..
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:31 pm
td3

hahhaha E.C. hahahah  Reply with quote  

Electric Company...hahah...they were God-aweful!! such a j-5 rip off

KRS is just mad.... period.

I understand where he is coming from.. but here is the thing: he says that street dudes dont buy Nelly's shit... well, do you think the 12-17 year old girls (who probably supply Nelly w/70% of his sales) even know who KRS-1 is??????? no, so he is NOT going to suceed... but i give him props for TRYING

Nelly is wack, but you cant just say "dont buy his stuff" to people who actually like his songs... its not going to work

td3
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gee-Q

the thing is...  Reply with quote  

Nelly and KRS arent even on the same level, and they have totally diffrent fan bases. Let Nelly do his thing and KRS, you do your thing.
that would be like the Large Professor trying to shut down Puffy.
it just doesnt make sense..
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:43 pm
futuristxen

Re: the thing is...  Reply with quote  

geeQ718 wrote:
Let Nelly do his thing and KRS, you do your thing.

I think this quote is basically what is should boil down to. Also though.. KRS is being a psychotic shithead, just my feelings on that interview..
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:54 pm
Wallet Inspector

[/quote]

This is the part that really bugs me. Krs can't expect people to follow his every move like that. That's exactly what he's been criticized for before, trying to tell people what is and isn't dope like a dictator. I hate Nelly too, but just let him destroy himself.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:55 pm
Wallet Inspector

I meant to quote this:

"if I dont say its dope, dont buy it,. "

Still can't figure out how to do that shit.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:56 pm
Royal-T

I think it's whack that KRS feels he can tell people what's dope and what's not. I'll always have respect for kris cause of what he's done in the past and how he's paved the way for new artists but that's a load of shit. Don't get me wrong I want Nelly to vanish from the face of the earth as much as the next hiphop head but there's no way in hell KRS is gonna get his message through to every single teeny bopper pop rap fan in the world, there's far too many fools out there who'll buy anything nelly puts out and they've proly never even heard pf KRS One which is a shame in a way.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:31 pm
Tony@Beyond Space

It was wack in the first place for a dope emcee like Krs One to even mess with nelly
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the incredible ticktalk

first of all, how can you rip off j5 when they are cleary quite like the trecherous three and various other old school rap acts like that. not saying j5 is ripping people off, but the format has been seen before. I love j5 really, they have talent, but yeah, their definatley not the first group like that,

and as far as krs goes, i dunno about trying to boycott nelly. I think that'll be hard since it's pretty safe for people that really aren't into hiphop. there has to be the nellys, and the will smith's and even the jay z's in this world. There has to be a flip side to that coin as well, where you get the "underground cats".

so there's my nickel and a half. but what do iknow , i'm just some kid from iowa

ticktalk
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:46 am

Jump to: