Search
Register
Personal Journals Helps the Mentally Insane
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

PokeHerFace

Personal Journals Helps the Mentally Insane  Reply with quote  

My mom works in a psytsophrenic (sp?) rehab program. Trying to get psytsophrenics to be psytso-Affective socially in life...

bear with me, this is kinda cool......

She was telling me about this kid my age (23) who reminded her of me, just psytsophrenic. It was funny, she said, "he's smart, loves music, has conflict with his mother..." and i interupted and was like "wait, you said he's like me, so i have a conflict with you" and my moms was like "yeah, you just don't know it yet" dropping some backwards psych at me. Granted my mom was a bottle of wine deep at that point, and she has called me psytsophrenic before out of anger.

Whatever. So she was saying how he transfers his conflict with his mother and directs it toward her. But he's stuck with my mom, and my mom's just trying to help. She was telling me that the kid is crazy smart and just can't communicate with her, and when she tries to understand or ask him questions to better understand his thought proceses, he gets pissed and frustrated. Anyway, she said that he was all about questioning the world, the truth, life and himself in a very intelligent way. And, of course, he's been through hell growing up...

I told my mom that if he is really bright and likes intelligent tangents and music then maybe she should suggest the kid to listen to Personal Journals by Sage Francis. So my mom, willing to try anything, buys the CD (CLASSIC!!!!) and gives it to this kid to listen to. He loves Personal Journals. He was so impressed that my mom would suggest something that would tap into his thought velocity. Anyway, my mom says that since Personal Journals he is on his way to becomming affective as a psyctsophrenic, or psytso-Affective. Now she is convinced that i'm insane too, by the way, but that's another story.

Gotta love that shit....Personal Journals sooths the mind of a psytsophrenic!!

B.Crow
30 Stones Crew
Changing the World
One Psycho at a time.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:30 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

haha thats awesome
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:30 pm
zeem

is that really mentally insane though? the person is really smart and has no one to talk to it about and its boiling inside of him and hes taking it out on his mom. the cd prolly helped but socially he needs a existential friend to get high with and discuss.

i.e. he just needs a friend
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:37 pm
hugh grants hooker

no, music really can help. when my cousin got out of the 'clinic', they gave him a bach cd that he is supposed to listen to every morning before even leaving his bedroom. supposedly the way your day is going to go is majorly effected by how things go and what your brain does during the first hour of being awake.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:48 pm

Krang
THE ORC BREATH

hugh grants hooker wrote:
no, music really can help. when my cousin got out of the 'clinic', they gave him a bach cd that he is supposed to listen to every morning before even leaving his bedroom. supposedly the way your day is going to go is majorly effected by how things go and what your brain does during the first hour of being awake.

Maybe the root of all the chaos in our society is stupid breakfast radio hosts
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:51 pm
hugh grants hooker

probably. i hate those egotistical fuckers.

they all sound alike and tell the same lame ass jokes over and over.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:04 pm

Lazy Eyed Pea

What's a psyctsophrenic supposed to be?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:08 pm
Moolah

Schizophrenic?

Is that what you meant?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:13 pm
hugh grants hooker

judging from context of the post and the phonics and the word he did spell, i am pretty sure that he did mean schizophrenic.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:16 pm

Lazy Eyed Pea

hahaha

fuck

that's a mess
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:16 pm
TILTEDmurder

im just confused as to how someone gets psytsophrenic or whatever that word was from "schizophrenic"
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:23 am
Machiavel

Well, if you have never looked it up before, and the only way people pronounce it is like that. along with the psychiatry thing (all the Psy words) getting psytsophrenic from schitzophrenic is pretty easy, just pronounce it.

psytsophrenic = sits ' o ' fren ' ick
without the ch sount it makes perfect sense. just thought i would point this out.

oh yeah. i think my mom might be schitzophrenic. or something, one time i work up at my home, and she was talking to herself in like 3 different voices and tones, and then i was talking to her and she was using like 2 of the different ones she doesnt normally talk or act like. anyone know if thats something schizophrenic people do? It was honestly kinda scary.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:28 am
PokeHerFace

yes, iym the best spelor inn thes bord

and, well, living with my mom for quite a while i have learned that schizophrenia is a tangible diagnosis, and its not curable. you can learn to live with it...becomming schizo-affective which is the the core of my mom's work, and hats off to her. Ever see Beautiful Mind? JOhn Nash type shit.

You can be schizophrenic from birth by lacking oxygen in the woumb, or from any range of things both physical and mental.

Either way, i agree, and so does my mom, that psychological problems (mental illness) is over diagnosed in our society. She is very in tune with the mental disease and has been working with both misdiagnosed and properly diagnosed schizophrenics for years. But, mental disease is real, hereditary, and accellerating from with every new generation. Hell, I think its safe to say that everyone is narotic about something nowadays. What my mom and thousands like her, do on a daily basis is incredibly valuable to our society. The worst thing is, however, that while mental illness is becomming more and more of a problem the threat of cutting off the funding for treatment facilities for mental illness is becomming more and more iminent.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:36 pm
Lazy Eyed Pea

PokeHerFace wrote:
schizophrenia is a tangible diagnosis, and its not curable.

But, mental disease is real, hereditary, and accellerating from with every new generation. Hell...

Yeah... You can believe what you want. I was near believing I was schitzo for a couple weeks then straightened myself out, completely. It's likely that one who believes he has an incurable disorder cannot do anything about it, nor can anyone else do shit whether it's curable, but an individual can definitly do something about multiple voices in his/her head, which is something everyone has dealt with on occasion. It's really no more than indecision. The longer something goes on, the harder it is to change. "Incurable" may be an excuse for laziness. I may be intolerant.

But remember what happened at the end of A Beautiful Mind? The nonexistant people were still there but Jon had taught himself to ignore them. Mind over matter, even mind over material of mind. He then became relatively functional in a university environment where he was forever burdened by the remnants of his career in advanced mathmatics.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:12 pm
PokeHerFace

Lazy Eyed Pea wrote:
PokeHerFace wrote:
schizophrenia is a tangible diagnosis, and its not curable.

But, mental disease is real, hereditary, and accellerating from with every new generation. Hell...

...Yeah... You can believe what you want. I was near believing I was schitzo for a couple weeks then straightened myself out, completely. It's likely that one who believes he has an incurable disorder cannot do anything about it, nor can anyone else do shit whether it's curable, but an individual can definitly do something about multiple voices in his/her head, which is something everyone has dealt with on occasion. It's really no more than indecision. The longer something goes on, the harder it is to change. "Incurable" may be an excuse for laziness. I may be intolerant.

But remember what happened at the end of A Beautiful Mind? The nonexistant people were still there but Jon had taught himself to ignore them. Mind over matter, even mind over material of mind. He then became relatively functional in a university environment where he was forever burdened by the remnants of his career in advanced mathmatics.

i don't spell well, you dont read well:

You can believe what you want. But, it looks like we believe in the same shit. Please read my points again. Schizophrenia is commonly and incorrectly categorized with bi-polar disease, which mainly is a degenerative mood disorder. Probably this is similar to your case. Schizophrenia is always bi-polarism just to a greater extent, but bi-polarism is not always schizophrenia. You cannot "overcome" schizophrenia, but you can live and function socially with it. This is now being addressed in such programs as the one my mom heads up. Word. This thread now sucks.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:43 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next