Search
Register
No SFF Fantasy Football Leauge this year?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Man, I am still pissed about Jamaal Charles. Bastard.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm
FranktheP

Nice try Redball, but my 3-10 team was just too tough in the end. SO many people to thank after this long season but I want to only recognize me. It was my brilliant plan to lay low, sneak into the playoffs and than turn on the heat and get cooking!! I rule!!!
Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm
FranktheP

YO IC!!!!!! You renewing the league??? I need to defend my crown.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:14 pm
Captiv8

I sent him a "renew league" reminder a couple of weeks ago. We'll see what happens. If we get another 8 people together I'm down for another run at the title. I'll deal you fools Julio Jones for real this time.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:05 pm
sewer samuel

lets talk some fantasy football here.

whos gonna be this year's josh gordon? (late round beast)
any top 10 running backs that youre worried about?
who are some other sleepers that i should target later in my draft?
Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:52 pm
Captiv8

I think Kelvin Benjamin has a good chance of being like Gordon, though probably not as impressive. He's got the height, and apparently he's developed an awesome rapport with Newton. I'm keeping my eye on q couple of othet rooks too, namely Brandon Cooks and Jordan Matthews. I think they could both be great. Sammy Watkins... Meh. As a player he's phenomenal, but I don't think he has the supporting cast to be awesome just yet.

I'm drafting for my first league and I'm going with either Charles or McCoy. I have the 2nd pick so it's an either/or proposition. After that it's all mostly best available. I'd like Drew Brees, but I'll take Luck or Newton. I also want Calvin, but that's probably not happening. I'm going to shoot for Marshall, Thomas, or Green instead. Or Bryant.

My dark horses are Bishop Sankey and Benjamin, and possibly Justin Hunter. And Andre Ellington. He is poise for an awesome year.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 am
sewer samuel

Captiv8 wrote:
I think Kelvin Benjamin has a good chance of being like Gordon, though probably not as impressive. He's got the height, and apparently he's developed an awesome rapport with Newton. I'm keeping my eye on q couple of othet rooks too, namely Brandon Cooks and Jordan Matthews. I think they could both be great. Sammy Watkins... Meh. As a player he's phenomenal, but I don't think he has the supporting cast to be awesome just yet.

I'm drafting for my first league and I'm going with either Charles or McCoy. I have the 2nd pick so it's an either/or proposition. After that it's all mostly best available. I'd like Drew Brees, but I'll take Luck or Newton. I also want Calvin, but that's probably not happening. I'm going to shoot for Marshall, Thomas, or Green instead. Or Bryant.

My dark horses are Bishop Sankey and Benjamin, and possibly Justin Hunter. And Andre Ellington. He is poise for an awesome year.

rad. all those players could come up huge.

i think cordarrelle patterson could have a huge year, also michael floyd.

i have the 8th pick in a ppr league, not sure who i want to take. i think im gonna go RB, because i feel like the drop off between the first tier of running backs is way more substantial than it is at WR. Im not totally in love with the idea of taking jimmy graham in the first, cuz then im not getting my RB2 or WR2 until Rounds 4 and 5. but i could be talked into it.

im in a keeper league and im gonna take a few of those first round rookie WRs late, to hang onto them for the coming years.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:23 pm
Captiv8

sewer samuel wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

rad. all those players could come up huge.

i think cordarrelle patterson could have a huge year, also michael floyd.

i have the 8th pick in a ppr league, not sure who i want to take. i think im gonna go RB, because i feel like the drop off between the first tier of running backs is way more substantial than it is at WR. Im not totally in love with the idea of taking jimmy graham in the first, cuz then im not getting my RB2 or WR2 until Rounds 4 and 5. but i could be talked into it.

im in a keeper league and im gonna take a few of those first round rookie WRs late, to hang onto them for the coming years.

Patterson is either going to blow up or fizzle, but I like him as a bench player, just in case. Same with Floyd, though I think he has a better chance of usurping Fitzgerald.

I would go with RB for the reasons you stated. It depends too on how many starting RBs your league has. For my draft today we're going with two starting backs, so it's important to get someone you can count on. You might have Forte or Peterson fall to you at that position. I'd like at DeMarco Murray too, but I'd probably pass on Lacy. I think he only did as well as he did last year because the Packers had to rely on the run game after Rodgers was out for the year. But you never know.

As for Graham, he is definitely tempting in the first round. He's the only sure-fire TE in the league as far as points go. I know he's not going to make it all the way to the 18th pick, so I'm looking at the next best guys, like Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis. Gronkowski is simply not reliable given his tendency to get injured. Greg Olsen looks like a solid pick too.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:32 pm
sewer samuel

Captiv8 wrote:

As for Graham, he is definitely tempting in the first round. He's the only sure-fire TE in the league as far as points go. I know he's not going to make it all the way to the 18th pick, so I'm looking at the next best guys, like Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis. Gronkowski is simply not reliable given his tendency to get injured. Greg Olsen looks like a solid pick too.

yeah, i was thinking murray also, although one of the cbs insiders called him "a knee injury waiting to happen." but i guess that could be said about any football player. hoping julio jones will be there for my second pick, at 16.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:40 pm
Captiv8

Graham went first round in my first league. I snagged McCoy and Julio Jones as my first two picks, so I hope the latter is fully recovered and ready to dominate.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:11 pm
laurapalmer

I hit up icarus to check and see the word. Uncertain if he is going to do it up. Ironically my yahoo account was deleted because i hadn't logged in for so long.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:57 pm
Captiv8

Man, I'm really starting to regret drafting Le'Veon Bell. He was realiable for me last year, but word is Blount is going to vulture a lot of goal-line TDs. I wanted Andre Ellington, truth be told, but our goddamn auto-drafter got him. I'm trying to make some moves now for Toby Gerhart, which is risky, I know, but surely he's going to get the bulk of the touches in Jacksonville.

I also rolled the die with Kelvin Benjamin. He's been lighting it up on the preseason and I think he's poised to become the WR1 there, if he isn't already. He's second on the depth chart as is, and I don't think Cotchery has much left in terms of star power. God, I hope I'm right. I snagged Sammy Watkins too, but more as a bargaining chip. What I really need is a solid backup RB. I may have to just pick someone up off the waiver wire.

Also, I'm definitely in if Icarus rallies and puts something together, or someone else here takes the reigns.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:29 am
sewer samuel

Captiv8 wrote:
Man, I'm really starting to regret drafting Le'Veon Bell. He was realiable for me last year, but word is Blount is going to vulture a lot of goal-line TDs. I wanted Andre Ellington, truth be told, but our goddamn auto-drafter got him. I'm trying to make some moves now for Toby Gerhart, which is risky, I know, but surely he's going to get the bulk of the touches in Jacksonville.

I also rolled the die with Kelvin Benjamin. He's been lighting it up on the preseason and I think he's poised to become the WR1 there, if he isn't already. He's second on the depth chart as is, and I don't think Cotchery has much left in terms of star power. God, I hope I'm right. I snagged Sammy Watkins too, but more as a bargaining chip. What I really need is a solid backup RB. I may have to just pick someone up off the waiver wire.

Also, I'm definitely in if Icarus rallies and puts something together, or someone else here takes the reigns.

its crazy, every year, without fail, there are 5 or 6 stars that go down, and 5 or 6 virtual no names that end up stepping up and putting up huge fantasy points. just keep an eye on the waiver wire.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:40 pm
Captiv8

Icarus sent out some invites for the ole SFR league. The draft is apparently Tuesday so hustle up.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:08 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Yeah sorry for dropping the ball.
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sfrforum
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next