Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mark in Minnesota

This was such good advice I started over to implement it. Ten hours into a game with a character still level 9, already finished with the Undead Parish, the Catacombs, and the first half of Darkroot Garden, and almost finished with the Depths. Since I focused on upgrading equipment rather than on leveling, and on keeping my humanity high so that the rare drop rate is optimized, the difficulty curve has been nothing like it was on those previous playthroughs.

The best part is that I'm so low level that none of the PvP predators who were plaguing me in previous playthroughs are eligible for matchmaking. I'm walking around with more than a dozen points of Humanity, able to summon helpful players at will, and essentially _never_ get invaded. In the rare occasions that I do, the +15 pyromancy item I have built up gets me out of trouble.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:39 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

and i finally got past the taurus demon ,and the dragon by going under the bridge through the poison rats, but then i got to this monster warthog thing? i found out how to sneak around it and drop off a ledge to get away down some stair path but i ended up dying and i havent played since yet
Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

in rotation:

darksouls
darksouls2
zelda link between worlds
newsupermario2
titanfall
cod.ghosts
metalgearVgroundzero
alien:infestation
gta5

P.S.

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm
poisonfree

Anyone tried playing Rust? The concept and gameplay is interesting. Its in alpha right now and buying it has a lot of bugs, but it still has potential.

It's a weird cut throat libretarian simulator where everyone is just battling to be the most Ron Paulist. If you play it for a while its surreal on how accurately it seems to reflect how real world "yours and your own" would play out.

Spoiler alert, a lot of death and heartache.

They haven't done an update in months and rumor has it they are going to redo the net code so it plays smooth.

I highly recommend at least watching some YouTube videos, as its hard to get into without the assistance of RL friends.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

</object
Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:20 pm
Mikal kHill

Juan wrote:
Mikal kHill wrote:
I dunno if i mentioned it here already or not, but I'm really enjoying the Fable games that Telltale are doing. Inspired me to pick the graphic novesl up all over again.

I've enjoyed these as well. The 2nd chapter seemed a little short to me, but maybe it was just the long wait for it's release making me feel that way.

Telltale is also working on a Game of Thrones franchise and a Borderlands one as well if you didn't read that.

I'm excited about the GoT's one, I just hope it's int eh same vein as the other games, being something outside of hte normal narrative.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:31 pm
Mikal kHill

Juan wrote:
Mikal kHill wrote:
I dunno if i mentioned it here already or not, but I'm really enjoying the Fable games that Telltale are doing. Inspired me to pick the graphic novesl up all over again.

I've enjoyed these as well. The 2nd chapter seemed a little short to me, but maybe it was just the long wait for it's release making me feel that way.

Telltale is also working on a Game of Thrones franchise and a Borderlands one as well if you didn't read that.

I'm excited about the GoT's one, I just hope it's int eh same vein as the other games, being something outside of hte normal narrative.
Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:31 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

p.s. Super Mario 3D Land is the hands down one of the very best Mario games, and im not even playing it with the actual 3d
Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i believe

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:03 pm
Captiv8

I've basically ignored everything about Aliens: Isolation... until I found out by reading a post on whether or not the survival horror genre was dead that this was the approach to the game. So with that in mind I am now deeply interested in it. It will likely be tough to avoid Dead Space comparisons, but from what I've since learned it seems like combat will be heavily deemphasized and the focus will be atmospherics and tense, methodical gameplay. If that's the case you can sign me up.

I've finally got around to playing Witcher 2, which I downloaded for $5 months ago. I'm a little over halfway through and I really like it. I think the whole potion/alchemy thing is a pain in the ass though, to be honest. I don't want to meditate to mix up my potions, thanks. It's just tedious, and really I can't be bothered to use most of them because they're unnecessary. I like the magic spells, but Quen seems to be the only useful one. Igni too, but on the easy difficulty I've never needed to use anything else. We'll see how things go when I try the Dark playthrough on Roche's path. At any rate, the story is really fantastic for this game, more so than just about any RPG on the market. I'm interested in knowing more about the third installment.

On that tip, Dragon Age: Inquisition looks fantastic from the screenshots. I'm really looking forward to it, though I hope they've followed the formula of the first game rather than the second. I think Bioware is smart enough to listen to the fans, but you never know.
Post Tue May 13, 2014 2:47 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/22/dragon-age-inquisition-gameplay-trailer

heres a dragon age trailer if all you've seen is screen shots
Post Tue May 13, 2014 3:10 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Cap i just read dark souls is going to be free in june for xbox live, you have no reason not to try it now

i still have a love hate relationship with it, and havent made much progress still, haha, ill come back to it soon enough

im super hyped for the new Wolfenstein right now
Post Wed May 14, 2014 12:17 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134434-2014-Dota-2-Championship-Has-Biggest-Prize-Pool-in-Esports-History

$4.5m and counting for The International 4.

#neverforget the (1.4) million dollar dream coil from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zE8DcxpT4
Post Wed May 14, 2014 7:50 am
Mark in Minnesota

Dark Souls broke up with me, but not before ridiculing me for my inadequacy.

Now I'm playing Batman: Arkham Origins, which includes one of the coolest sequences I've ever seen in a video game. (Spoiler: You briefly play as the Joker in a surrealist landscape as he describes to the woman who will later become Harley Quinn what his emotional relationship with the Batman actually feels like to him. She mistakes these feelings for Batman as feelings for her; it's left ambiguous whether the Joker intended for this to happen or just ran with it.)

That game is hard in a different way. Feels a lot less Metroidvania than the previous two games in the series, much more like the Tony Hawk Pro Skater of beating up hired mooks.

Still visually stunning.

I'm glad I played it. Surer and surer I will never touch Dark Souls 2, and will instead dive into Xbox One and PS4 titles starting this summer.
Post Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Still not missing out much on the Xbox One, other than games looking approx 20% than they do on 360. Hating on the games moreso than the system. I actually really like the system other than a few awkward things with the dashboard and the kinect being touchy.

It's like the kinect wants to work completely perfect one moment and then be a complete inconvenience the next. It is pretty awesome when you want to switch from gaming, to watching tv. Then having to switch to netflix because there's nothing on. Then going back to the game at the exact point you left off at 8 hours later.

But I'm excited for the upcoming fall titles. I'm just sitting here waiting for the 360 to die a quick death so all games are geared to the Xbox One.
Post Wed May 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 346, 347, 348 ... 358, 359, 360  Next