Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i want a wii u .

are the regular wii games in hd on wii u or does it play them just like the og wii

also im kinda still waiting to get a wii u because as of right now i feel like they are going to update it and release a new version soon i know they have something up their sleeve
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:15 pm
Mikal kHill

Everything is in HD that was made for the system, and the classic games run better on it if you buy them from teh virtual store.. Also, weirdly, Netflix works better on it than on my Xbox 360.

It has a "wii mode" that is for playing the old wii games. I think it looks a little better tahn teh wii itself did, but it's not a night and day difference or anything. The biggest difference is that it feels like their is less latency between the wii and the tv than there was on the regular wii. That's a BIG deal on old NES games and stuff, though.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:20 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

what about 3DS/2DS can you play those games on wii u?

kinda wanna scoop one of those too haha

3d/2ds vs wii u
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

*double post
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm
Mikal kHill

You can't play 3ds/2ds games on it YET, but they are apparently bringing some of the DS games to the virtual store. The thing has a big ass touch screen (which I honestly use to play games WAY more than teh actual tv lately).

I fucking love my 3ds.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:25 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

2DS is the route id most likely take

whats your favorite stuff for that , fav game so far, downloadable games? cool stuff it can do?
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:01 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

another double post*
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:01 pm
Mikal kHill

The New Super Mario Bros games for that are great, the Super Mario 3d Land is like Mario 64, but I liked it a lot better than Mario 64... I played animal crossing a lot on it, but I can't see you digging that, haha. It has a ton of RPGs, I have a bunch of classic games I bought for it, plus 3d versions of a bunch of those games. Mario Kart 7 is great. I am honestly blanking on recommendations. hahaha
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:09 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yeah all the mario games and zelda and nintendo classics is all you need , im surprised theres no new metroid for it yet, and for me i can play alien Infestation on it thats actually supposed to be a great game

Blaster Master? why dont they make some new blaster master games , whos in charge of that?

is the creator of metroid the creater of blaster master? cause theres metroids in blaster master

i wish there was a way that if you bought a digital game for nintendo it would be playable and downloadable through all current systems you just sign in to get them
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i pulled the trigger damn it

2DS annnnd new super mario bros 2 to start me off

i had a feeling i would turn the 3D feature off a lot so i just went with 2DS since its cheaper, in alot of 3DS game reviews they say the 3D doesnt really effect the games too much anyway ,i hope i made the right decision on that, but i love this thing so far

new super mario bros 2 is a fun and all , i mean its mario, but something about this game seems like they kinda through it together , and reused a lot from new super mario wii edition, as i said its fun as any mario im just knitpickin
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:11 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I picked up The Stick of Truth, and to be honest I'm pretty impressed with it so far. There seems to be a very competent fighting system in place and I've enjoyed the map and going to various locations in Southpark. I'm still in the early stages but I'm having fun with it
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:13 am
Mark in Minnesota

I'm about 30 hours into Dark Souls. It's just as hard as everyone says, but much of that is due to bad controls and poorly implemented physics taking what is already an intentionally unfair experience and occasionally jumping the line into "just broken."

I like the difficulty level, I like many of the gameplay concepts, I like most of the worldbuilding.

I hate the multiplayer elements, and the way concepts like "humanity" assume you will be taking advantage of it.

It's not a uniformly good game, but it's a love letter to serious, committed gamers. I like that a lot.
Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i cant even get past the second boss up on the bridge when you go through that castle place

i spent probally 3 hours on just that tiny segment one night, i thought for sure i would at least get past this part, and id get soooooooooooo close

then i die and have to do all that shit over and over and over, i really got the hang of the area, but the instant death always got me right when i finally get to the boss, it pisses me off
Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 pm
FreddyD

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
I'm about 30 hours into Dark Souls. It's just as hard as everyone says, but much of that is due to bad controls and poorly implemented physics taking what is already an intentionally unfair experience and occasionally jumping the line into "just broken."

I like the difficulty level, I like many of the gameplay concepts, I like most of the worldbuilding.

I hate the multiplayer elements, and the way concepts like "humanity" assume you will be taking advantage of it.

It's not a uniformly good game, but it's a love letter to serious, committed gamers. I like that a lot.

Where do you think the physics are poorly implemented? I feel the opposite about the game, and it was always one of my reasons for loving it. You can feel the weight of the weapons you're swinging, the armor you're wearing, and the blows you're blocking exquisitely, imo. Managing equipment loads to get the best possible defensive value while also maintaining enough agility to dodge/roll swiftly always felt like walking a nicely laid line. So too is using the right weapon for the right circumstance, not slowing yourself down against faster opponents, and knowing when to 2hand vs. pulling out a shield.

Agree about humanity, and so did Namco. That and the poorly implemented magic system were always my biggest gripes with the game. It never made sense that you were essentially rewarded for staying hollow. They've fixed that in Dark Souls 2, so that now you lose a little bit more HP each time you die (rather than it being cut to a set amount regardless), and you can be invaded while hollow. So you actually want to be human at all times in DS2.

Speaking of DS2, it's came out Tuesday, and it's amazing. I'm about 12 hours in, and I think I can already definitely say it's better than its predecessors. They've improved upon the magic system, made dual-wielding a viable build, and expanded the world 4 times over. Also, like I mentioned, the new humanity system is vastly improved. For anyone who's enjoyed Demon or Dark Souls in any capacity, I highly recommend it
Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:17 am
FreddyD

Neuro wrote:
i cant even get past the second boss up on the bridge when you go through that castle place

i spent probally 3 hours on just that tiny segment one night, i thought for sure i would at least get past this part, and id get soooooooooooo close

then i die and have to do all that shit over and over and over, i really got the hang of the area, but the instant death always got me right when i finally get to the boss, it pisses me off

You're talking about the Red Dragon, ya? First, grab a bow and like at least 150 arrows. Then make sure you're light enough that you can move at max sprint speed, with any fire resist gear you might have (probably not much at this stage). You can also try to use an hollow soldiers shield, which has good fire resist, and block his first breath if you get caught by it. But you shouldn't need to. Try to time his breath and dash up the right side of the walkway all out. You should be able to make it to the landing with the stairway leading down. There you can kick a ladder that's a shortcut back to your first bonfire.

Also down the stairway, walk out onto the ledge to the right. Be wary of a couple hollow out there. Clear them, then stand back by the doorway to the right-most of the ledge and look up towards where the dragon is perched. You should be able to see his tail hanging down. Use your bow to aim at the tail and just unload arrows on it. I forget exactly how many it takes, around 120 I think, but eventually the Dragon will screech and fly away, and you'll receive the DrakeSword, which is excellent that early in the game. It doesn't scale with stats, but its attack is through the roof and it's very fast. It also does a special R2 attack, though it burns durability.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346 ... 359, 360, 361  Next