Search
Register
SICK TO D(EAT)H is out now!!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

This is absolutely awesome. More to the point, it's exciting that you're still in the game, putting it down, and building up to what will surely be another exciting record. I'm not always a fan of the mixtape, but when I am it's usually because it's done by someone on Strange Famous.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Salute!

Something I forgot to mention in the original announcement:

The shirts and hoodies come in big, big, big boy sizes during the pre-sale. Shirts up to 5XL and hoodies up to 3XL. We don't typically offer those sizes due to the extra costs but if this works out then maybe we'll start offering those sizes more regularly.

www.tinyurl.com/SickToDeathSFR
Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm
remind

I may have to get this on cassette. Just because.

In the meantime, I'm revisiting all of the old Sick of goodness. You should too.

Right in your damn face, confidence, you lost it.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:51 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just want to make it clear, im fucking HYPED about this mixtape!

i also want to make it clear , im HYPED about the new album

i have these expectations of a certain sage album but i havent heard it yet and with these new releases im always hoping to hear it or something close and i think this is what happens to most listeners of most musics, you get familiar with a certain aspect of an artist(s) and want more of that regardless, yet, always get surprised of something all new and great, marinate, and wait again, opened end...
Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:33 pm
smake

Super stoked about the new mix tape, the announcement of the new record AND a world tour. Yes!

The tracklisting looks awesome, been wanting to have a lot of those demos (which reside on my hard disk) on a physical copy. And more Reanimator!

With the rarities and all, I do miss these two gems:
Hell Of A Year (Live in Arizona)
Threewrite (Reanimator remix with Slow Down Gandhi beat)

I really want those on a cd. Threewrite over the Slow Down Gandhi beat is epic, and extinct on the net. It deserves a wider audience, it just adds to the track. And that live version of Hell of a Year is haunting.

But here's to new music!
Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:14 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

smake wrote:
Super stoked about the new mix tape, the announcement of the new record AND a world tour. Yes!

The tracklisting looks awesome, been wanting to have a lot of those demos (which reside on my hard disk) on a physical copy. And more Reanimator!

With the rarities and all, I do miss these two gems:
Hell Of A Year (Live in Arizona)
Threewrite (Reanimator remix with Slow Down Gandhi beat)

I really want those on a cd. Threewrite over the Slow Down Gandhi beat is epic, and extinct on the net. It deserves a wider audience, it just adds to the track. And that live version of Hell of a Year is haunting.

But here's to new music!

Thanks, man. Nice to hear! "Hell of a Year Live" is going to have a proper home at some point. I tried fitting it on the mixtape but I ran into time limitations. I do have plans for that track and a lot of others down the line though.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:18 am
Nemonic7

Sage I love you man. You continue to release dope music and never let me down. I have everything you've ever done but one song I want and have wanted since i first heard it is the reanimator remix of threewrite. I see someone mentioned that it was with the slow down gandhi beat but I don't remember it that way. I can't remember the beat but I remember loving it. I believe it was an original beat not the slow down gandhi beat. Was there not a reanimator remix of threewrite with an original beat bt reanimator? It was streaming on your myspace page years ago then it vanished from the internet no where to be found.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:16 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Right, the Threewrite Remix that Reanimator did was with the Slow Down Gandhi beat.

The reason you might be remembering it as something totally "new" is because Slow Down Gandhi didn't exist as a song juet yet. Heh. A fair amount of beats I end up using on albums are a result of remixes. It's a great side perk of throwing remix contests.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm
Nemonic7

I know there's the disclaimer that due to this shipping season some orders may not be received until after Christmas but I'd like to know if we can/will get a digital version of the mixtape in the email on release date? Or do we have to wait for the digital download also?
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 pm
Price Of The Kings Ticket

Loving BLUE.

Quick question though: My download purchase has a limit on the amount of times I can use the link (3, I think). I used it once to get the other stuff I bought, so I'm already down to only 2 uses.
What time does the album go live on the downloads? Just so I dont waste my URL limit by clicking it early on 12th Dec!

Cant wait.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 pm
Nemonic7

I guess Price just answered my question.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm
poopsnack

It leaked! Here is a link to download it for free -
here
Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:34 pm
smake

Can't wait for the disc to fall on my doormat.

Curious why Baby Stays from the BBC was added and not the Best of Times. From what I remember The Best of Times might have been a little bit more of a struggle to translate to acoustic, but that one deserves a spot as well. How often do we get Sage tracks over acoustic guitar live? I thought it sounded great.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Nemonic7 wrote:
I know there's the disclaimer that due to this shipping season some orders may not be received until after Christmas but I'd like to know if we can/will get a digital version of the mixtape in the email on release date? Or do we have to wait for the digital download also?

A download link will be emailed to you on the 12th. If you run into any problems, hit us up. All should be good though.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:07 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Price Of The Kings Ticket wrote:
Loving BLUE.

Quick question though: My download purchase has a limit on the amount of times I can use the link (3, I think). I used it once to get the other stuff I bought, so I'm already down to only 2 uses.
What time does the album go live on the downloads? Just so I dont waste my URL limit by clicking it early on 12th Dec!.

If you didn't use a download link for Sick to D(eat)h specifically, then there's no cause for alarm. No cause for alarm even if you did because you could just hit us up directly with your order and let us know that you need the download link.
customerservice@strangefamousrecords.com

Also, you'll be receiving the download link in your email on the 12th.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:12 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next