Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Captiv8 wrote:
Loving Bioshock Infinite so far. The open air scenery is a very welcome change of pace, and I think the addition of the skyline system is fantastic. Nothing better than bash some hapless footsoldier off into the firmament. But then I wonder: does that dude just keep falling to scare the fuck out of people back on earth? Anyway, this game is everything great about the previous two with just enough changes, new weapons, and new vigors to make things interesting. I'm playing through on 1999 mode and it is also a serious challenge, especially the Handymen. I've lost a lot of money thanks to those jerks.

the dlc comming out soon of pre-rapture is looking amazing so far
Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

finished the main missions of arkham origins, campaign was pretty short and ended kind of unexpected , same thing happened with arkham city, REALLY dope though, i enjoyed the story very much, thing is theres still ALOT of side stuff left to do, i mean ALOT, so thats cool

and i do like this game better than arkham city, BOTH are really good
Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Loving Bioshock Infinite so far. The open air scenery is a very welcome change of pace, and I think the addition of the skyline system is fantastic. Nothing better than bash some hapless footsoldier off into the firmament. But then I wonder: does that dude just keep falling to scare the fuck out of people back on earth? Anyway, this game is everything great about the previous two with just enough changes, new weapons, and new vigors to make things interesting. I'm playing through on 1999 mode and it is also a serious challenge, especially the Handymen. I've lost a lot of money thanks to those jerks.

the dlc comming out soon of pre-rapture is looking amazing so far

It's a nice little tie-in, to be sure. I'm interested to see how well it flows together. I just know I'll be fighting a Big Daddy or two and a few Sisters.
Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 am
breakfast

I'm playing the Zelda HD remake on WiiU and it's beautiful.
Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:41 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i would like to know your thoughts on the Wii U in general

care to share?
Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 pm
breakfast

It's incredibly fun - I'm more interested in videogames as a simplified representation of things than as an attempt at approximating real things with infinitesimally better graphics. So I like a lot of the Nintendo IP titles because they are focused usually on a combination of some gameplay mechanic and some weird thing from Miyamoto's imagination. Zelda is about the feeling he got from playing exploring the hills around Kyoto when he was a kid.
I think Nintendo does a good job with it's IPs of getting closer to the "games as (pop) art" debate that we had here a couple years back, and the WiiU feels like it will be a good console for that. Fun gameplay, colorful, etc.
Additionally, it's back compatible so I can also play all of the Wii games that I missed, which is also appealing.
But I think really whether it's a good system comes down to what you want as a gamer - the majority of games on other systems are FPS games with great graphics, which don't really interest me.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:43 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

although i dont have a wii u, thats how i feel about it too

heres another question:

does it make the original wii games HD?
Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Captiv8

Loved the ending of Bioshock Infinite, and glad to know where the title comes from. Excellent tie-in with Rapture as well, which was long overdue and makes more sense now with the Burial at Sea DLC. This series continues to be awesome.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Played through Origins, and it makes me want to go play City. It's a good game, but I like the story in City more, and the city itself just seems more bland and boring. The story seemed pretty short, and it also feels like I flew threw the side missions as well.

A lot of the villains were pretty minimized, while others just seemed to drop off the map all together with little or no notice. The vast majority of Enigma Trophies were super easy to obtain, and it seems like there's less of them than in City.

Overall it's definitely playable, it just seems like a step back rather than a step forward..definitely not a Game of the Year
Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i think its better than A.City in every way, while keeping the gameplay and mechanics exactly the same for the most part

i also think Origins is much better story too which makes better sense, and shit isnt all crammed in like i thought A.City did, as good as City was i wasnt really feeling the story that much, it was all over the place ,im not complaining because i enjoy the hell out of it, and it did what it needed to do, im just sayin ya know

i really hope the Knightfall DLC isnt really ps3 exclusive, i wanna play that shit, i wonder what 360 is getting as far as story DLC goes
Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 pm
Mikal kHill

Burial At Sea was the first major fail of the entire Bioshock franchise. An across the board disappointment with almost no content, and it took FOREVER to arrive. I dont' know what kind of "seasons" this "season pass" was talking about. haha
Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

it was a tease thats for sure

i cant believe they are charging 15 bucks for that though
Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 pm
Mikal kHill

Yeah, it's appalling. Glad I got the seaon pass, if i had paid full price for that I would have been livid.
Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Hi

gta 5 online x-mas was dope

gta 5 online, is just open world deathmatch for me now and its so much fun, i havent played a mission or race or whogivesafuck in quite some time, every now and then i meet a nice person and we team up to cause havok

i dont own a car anymore, and i refuse unless i just have it for trophy status kinda purposes, Just steal that shit and wreck it is the best way to go

also:

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is AMAZING!

its classic for real though and i havent even dented it yet

the intro Might make you wonder whats up but after that its a 3-d classic wii zelda, and the controls are inventive and familiar combined with its gameplay,....New , Inventive, Yet classic, (reminiscent).....so far, really surprised, dont let the graphics stear you away, plus , for what they are they did a great job of combining a cartoon kind of feel to it so it meshes well with what the wii can do
Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:26 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I got myself an Xbox One for Xmas.

There still aren't any good games out there. I did rebuy Battlefield 4 on it since I had it for 360, but haven't given it a whirl. I also rented Assassins Creed, Ryse, and Madden, and whichever of those win I'll be purchasing.

So far Ryse has had some pretty visuals, but it's not really that great of a game. Mostly just trying to get a grip of what the system can do. Will post more about it later.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 352, 353, 354  Next