NFL and College Football 2013-2014
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

Chiefs!
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 am
sewer samuel

while the chiefs have surprised me so far, i'm still not buying into them. yes, theyre definitely going to make it to the playoffs, but their schedule has been pretty easy so far. lets see what happens next sunday when they play the broncos.
Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm
Captiv8

Ya, same. I don't Smith has the chops to take the team to a championship, especially after last week's performance. Charles is a great back, and I think he's carrying the te offensively. But really it's the defense that's lights out. They definitely won the game last week.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:58 am
sewer samuel

aside from a weird amount of injuries, its been a solid season so far. there are no runaway favorites. the seahawks have been kinda losing their edge a little bit, same with the saints. its really all up in the air at this point.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:43 pm
Marcus Forealius

gtfoh photo pats-panthers-pass-interference_zps76e8339f.gif

photo GTFOH_zpse912e931.gif
Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:20 am
Captiv8

With or without that call, Brady threw into double coverage, which was a terrible decision. Kuechly is clearly draped all over Gronk, so my problem here is not that the call itself but that is was made and then reversed. If the flag was never thrown than you can just say the PI wasn't there. But to throw the flag then pick it up? It happens, but it shouldn't when it decides a game. Poor decision by Brady and the refs.

I meant to say as well that Cam Newton really looks solid this year. He's actually showing that a scrambling QB can deliver precision passes as well. If he can keep this up he's going to take Carolina to the next level. I scoffed at those that chose him in their fantasy drafts, but now they look like geniuses.

Last edited by Captiv8 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:28 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

gronk needs to at least pretend like a play for the ball rather than making the distance look further. That was the problem.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 am
Captiv8

Apparently Teddy Bridgewater is projected to go first in the draft at this point. On the one hand, the man has a real chance to turn Jacksonville around, if they select him (which they should; Gabbert and Henne are serviceable as backups at best). On the other, there is a distinct possibility that he'll languish there because of a lack of surrounding talent. Justin Blackmon is no longer a reliable asset, and might not even be on the team next year. MJD is going into free-agency, but will be a great resigning if the Jags can manage. But the real problem area is the defensive backs. Those bastards can't defend the pass for anything. When I start thinking about how bad Jacksonville is this year I have to remind myself that they have been to the playoffs more times in their short existence than the Detroit Lions, so there is some hope yet.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:41 pm
sewer samuel

stoked for the brady vs manning matchup tomorrow!

thought this was interesting: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131121/tom-brady-peyton-manning-new-england-patriots-denver-broncos/
Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Brady Brady Brady can't you seeee?
Sometimes your Uggs just hypnotize me.

It still hurts to see Welker not in a Patriots jersey. But it's nice to know that he's still willing to help us out from time to time.
I don't know what kind of miracle I just witnessed, but as swear words won't do my feelings justice I'll keep this status update short and sweet...
We see you, Wes. Thank you.
Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:18 am
mattrego

MAGICAL!!!!
Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:50 am
Captiv8

What a terrible finish to an otherwise very entertaining game. That guy for the Broncos needs to get cut immediately for being such an idiot. He clearly had no idea where the ball was and cost his team the game.

That said, I've never seen such a defensive meltdown. The Broncos could have got away with that against most quarterbacks, but loosing their composure against Brady was fatal. It didn't help that Manning couldn't seem to get into a rhythm, and that his receiving corps dropped the ball on key plays.

This game pretty much solidifies that the Brady is better than Manning. He obviously has more championships, and while he doesn't have the same passing acumen as Manning, Brady rallies like nobody else and wins when it matters.
Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 am
sewer samuel

seahawks look pretty unstoppable. and with the superbowl being in NJ in february, im gonna be pretty surprised if they don't win it all this year.
Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm
Captiv8

They definitely look really good. As long as everyone stays healthy through the stretch I'd consider them the favorite to reach the Super Bowl. Right now I'm thinking Denver for the AFC. That would be one hell of a Super Bowl.
Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:33 pm
Marcus Forealius

The Saints were completely dominated on Monday night. The Seahawks have that 'love to hate' vibe going for them. I will enjoy seeing Tom Brady and NE open a can on them in the SnowBowl in February.

On an unrelated note, I still find myself chuckling every now and then about that referee that called Trent Williams fatass garbage.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next