Search
Register
Favorite Beer
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

FranktheP

I am killing a case of Troegg's Nugget Nectaur. Brewed seasonly (after the Mad Elf). Absolutely delicious. Very hoppy. Not cheap but worth it.
Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:31 am
Captiv8

"Nugget Nectuar." That sounds beyond legit.

I was able to procure some more Wells' banana bread beer, and it is such an oasis in the desert of regular old brew. Unfortunately the shopkeep didn't seem to believe me when I told him it was the greatest flavored beer ever created. His loss.
Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm
PH34R

1)Blue Moon Belgian White Belgian-Style Wheat Ale
~ http://www.bluemoonbrewingcompany.com/OurBeers/Product/belgian-white-belgian-style-wheat-ale

2)Golden Monkey
~ http://www.victorybeer.com/beers/golden-monkey/
Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:11 pm
Captiv8

This beer is especially for mortalthoughts. Take a joint over to Ypsi and ask for the good shit. Super hoppy America IPA, with a staunch 7.5% kick. Note that Buzz Saw's hair and beard is made of hops.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Captiv8 wrote:

This beer is especially for mortalthoughts. Take a joint over to Ypsi and ask for the good shit. Super hoppy America IPA, with a staunch 7.5% kick. Note that Buzz Saw's hair and beard is made of hops.

i have no reason to go out that way man if im vacationing in state im going to my family cabin kind of near alpena.... i will keep an eye out for that beer though definitely
Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:10 pm
ROTTY

I like stout and i like games of thrones so i am looking forward to trying this...

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 pm
Captiv8

I was in Holland, Michigan this past weekend and my girl and I discovered an amazing and very new beer, courtesy of the good folks at Our Brewing Company. It was the Careless Whisper IPA. Now, keeping in mind I love IPAs and I drink them frequently, this was the single greatest one I've ever had. It was stunningly good, with just a slight hint of fruitiness in the finish, and all the magic hoppy bang every IPA needs. The brewery has only been around since November, and they don't have bottled beer for sale just yet, but I spoke to the co-owner and they're working on moving it into the bigger Michigan cities ASAP. I know for sure it'll be in Lansing and Grand Rapids, and it's just a matter of time before it makes it out to the Detroit area. If you see this on tap, get it without delay. Absolutely superb stuff.

Also, I tried that Rogue Voodoo Donut beer and it was a serious let-down. Don't believe the hype.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:40 pm
pedavis

not sure if this has been brought up yet but a few weeks ago i had Southern Tier's Creme Brulee. Pretty delicious vanilla stout. I saw on instagram someone mixing it with Souther Tier's Pumking which sounds like it could be very delicious.

I've had pumpkin creme brulee before and it was delicious. Looking forward to maybe trying this combo this weekend.

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:22 pm
pedavis

selfworth wrote:
yeah i tried the voodoo beer, it was super weird, not a fan. i'd never buy it again.i liked this one a lot

i'm gonna keep an eye out for this Peach Porch Lounger. My girlfriend was searching for the dandelion'ish Paardebloem for the longest time and we eventually found it at Woodman's Liquor section in Kenosha, WI. It was worth the search imo.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:26 pm
pedavis

The combination of Pumking and Creme Brulee was a delicious success!

Though it was costly at my semi-local craft beer/wine/martini bar (a little under $35.00 for the two of them) I was able to pull about 3 1/2 glasses of delicious pumpkin creme brulee for my drinking pleasure. It was very flavorful, and I feel the Pumking balanced out a bit of the vanilla stout while also the Creme Brulee took the pumpkin ale down just a bit.

Highly recommended combo!
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 pm
FranktheP

Anybody use the app "untappd"? It lets you log in any beers that have drank, rate them and then you can see if there is any bars/stores in the area that carries them. Pretty cool.

Hit a Sour Beer fest in Philly a few weeks ago. I am getting a taste for those beers but after a few it kills the taste buds for awhile. But now that Troeggs Mad Elf is hitting the shelves my beer money will be gling there for a bit.
Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:33 am
mancabbage

ROTTY wrote:
I like stout and i like games of thrones so i am looking forward to trying this...

where can you get this?
Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

i love the new influx of Leffe Blonde in stores in the states.

but i'm from kansas so it's all about the boulevard wheat.
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 am
dri

I recently moved to LA and there is no such thing as an EPA here. I guess Minnesota made it up with their Summit beer and whatever. So I drink Sierra Nevada until I'm too drunk to care what it tastes like.

Also LA has pushed me onto Coors Light. The first lager i've ever actively purchased. They must have some super effective marketing for it here.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm
dri

I recently moved to LA and there is no such thing as an EPA here. I guess Minnesota made it up with their Summit beer and whatever. So I drink Sierra Nevada until I'm too drunk to care what it tastes like.

Also LA has pushed me onto Coors Light. The first lager i've ever actively purchased. They must have some super effective marketing for it here.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next