Register
BREAKING BAD : Final Episodes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Prontoid

CaptainFantasy wrote:
Prontoid wrote:
tommi teardrop wrote:
What is the worst thing that Walt has done? Let the junkie die? Kinda poison the kid? Order hits on the other bad guys? Lie to his wife?

How about putting hundreds of millions of dollars (street value) of meth into society?

Dumb. We could argue addicts and availability of drugs. We could also discuss new drugs on the market and how that influences new users. Let's even take it a step further and discuss addicts/new users using more because of the availability of a new improved drug on the market. Preferably we'd just enjoy the show and not have to dig this deep.

Edit: I get where you're going with that but I think you're digging too deep. Let the show run its course.

Huh? All I said was the putting meth into the community is not a good thing.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 am
ROTTY

Prontoid wrote:
CaptainFantasy wrote:
Prontoid wrote:
tommi teardrop wrote:
What is the worst thing that Walt has done? Let the junkie die? Kinda poison the kid? Order hits on the other bad guys? Lie to his wife?

How about putting hundreds of millions of dollars (street value) of meth into society?

Dumb. We could argue addicts and availability of drugs. We could also discuss new drugs on the market and how that influences new users. Let's even take it a step further and discuss addicts/new users using more because of the availability of a new improved drug on the market. Preferably we'd just enjoy the show and not have to dig this deep.

Edit: I get where you're going with that but I think you're digging too deep. Let the show run its course.

Huh? All I said was the putting meth into the community is not a good thing.

I know right. Maybe he is the real Heisenberg.May explain the abrasiveness in his response.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am
Captiv8

AdamBomb wrote:
The reason this show is so good is because of the writing and the complexity of the characters (and acting out of these complexities). The fact you can push for Walt in spite of the horrible things he's done (or Jesse) is because its more complicated than an article or list of pros/cons. There's hours and hours of emotions and story invested. The only pro I am is pro-Vince Gilligan, because I trust off of the strength so far I know he wont let me down. For every bad thing Walt has done, he's done other things that make you empathize of feel for him. Same with Skyler.

The show is more than about a singular concept of greed, hubris, revenge, etc...its kind of a culmination of all those things and not just one point you can sum up in a sentence, imo.

This show is >>> any other show.

Good article, heeya:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/breaking-bad-granite-state-writer/

Not to mention this is one of the few shows were the suspension of disbelief is really minimized. The writing is not only excellent in terms of its plot-line and character development, but also because of its continuity. Aside from the very rare "Ya right" moment, the show makes a lot of sense and remains consistent over its five seasons. The writing is also very careful to refer back to previous moments or key plot points, and then integrates them masterfully into current developments. For whatever reason, this is increasingly hard to do for a lot of shows today. In Breaking Bad, the characters act and react in ways that are not only plausible but totally in line with their characters identity.

And I cannot wait to see Walt utilize his machine gun. There is going to be carnage, and I am not in the least ashamed to say I am excited about it.
Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

I don't know if I have a rooting interest. I think all the characters should die except for baby holly. They all have evil tendencies.

However, if I had to root for something to win it would be Todd. Something about him makes me like him as a villian. He is so unaware and evil its genius.

Edit: I forgot him getting Jesse two different flavors of ice cream. Amazing.

Last edited by O2K on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:36 am
Captiv8

Todd is the perfect psychopath. He is disarming and mild, even when he is at his most menacing and deadly. The scene between him and Skyler at the White residence was incredible. He was so calm and yet so unbelievably creepy and threatening. And the nonchalance with which he wasted both the dirtbike kid and Jesse's girl? Stunning. Nothing phases this guy, and he doesn't even seem to have a temper. But he doesn't like emotional awareness either, as he immediately apologizes to Walt when Hank is killed. A truly complex character, if there ever was one.
Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 am
desert penguin

I'm no expert, but I think those traits make Todd a sociopath, not a psychopath.
Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:37 am
Captiv8

A fair distinction.
Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 am
AdamBomb

My prediction for the end.

Walt calls Skyler through the taxi dispatch. She tells him about being threatened over the dark haired woman. Walt knows he has to get rid of lydia to save the family. He mounts an insane assault against the nazis and ends up blowing the place up, incidentally burning the money. He kills all the nazis and incidentally discovers jesse is alive. He frees him and the parting shot mentions jesse was right: family is more important than money. Its not a congenial meeting, but jesse is free to start over (...and walt saves him yet again). Next, he poisons Lydia with ricin through Stevia in her tea. Not sure how he gets it there (maybe jesse after discussing a cook deal?). Next, Walt videotapes a detailed confession of everything (and exonerates Skyler) and sends it to the media. In his confession, he tells his family he loves them and doesnt expect Walt Jr. to understand what he did...but it had to be done and he's sorry (and also that the nazis killed hank and the coordinates where he and gomie are buried). We also find out he got cancer from Gray Matter's lab and he asserts his role there, furthering the ruination of the company from stocks sinking. He turns himself in, dies almost immediately after (maybe from being wounded or we find out that the cancer just is riddled throughout). Years later, we find Skyler wrote a bestselling book about the whole thing (her dream of writing) and the family is well taken care of from that...not from any drug money. We get a glimpse Jesse has a kid and is (of all things) a teacher.
Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:50 pm
Captiv8

That all sounds so incredibly possible. I like it. You're probably not far off with most of it.
Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 pm
Jack

Walt kills the racist family and the ricin is for Walt himself.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:07 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Jack wrote:
Walt kills the racist family and the ricin is for Walt himself.

if it ends that simple i'll be pissed
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

At first I thought the ricin was for Walt, now I think it's for Lydia. Maybe there's enough for Lydia and Walt both. He's tried to give up twice and turn himself in. Can see him taking the ricin and then finally giving up. Then he'll tell his story and die.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:53 pm
Jack

I just think that Walt is a dead man walking so why come up with an elaborate and difficult poisoning of Lydia. A quick and easy kill makes sense. I think he is going to try and come up with a plan to get his family money and it will involve him killing himself via ricin. I'm sure it will be an amazingly written episode and plan. But walts gotta kill off the meth gang and Lydia and free Jesse. And then attempt to help out his family or get the target off Skylar.
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm
anomaly
Loserface

They've pointed out that Stevia like 20 times for a reason. Foreshadowing.

She's definitely going to take that ricin
Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:53 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

5 more hours, bitch!
Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next