Search
Register
BREAKING BAD : Final Episodes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

tommi teardrop

anomaly wrote:
You guys have way to much time to sit around and think about this show.
Our relationship with Breaking Bad is none of your business!
Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

breaking bad is better than donnie darko

yeah

i just said that
Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 pm
pedavis

Sage Francis wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
Only thing i don't quite get is why the nazi's would have jesse keep cooking when they just got 60 mil in cash?

I don't think they know that Meth Damon has done that. He cooked up a plan of his own.

I keep calling Todd Meth Damon and nobody gets it. even after I explain it, dot the T's and cross the I's still nothing. the resemblance is uncanny!
Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:57 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i have noticed this also , from the very beginning, and i swear hes actually in a movie with matt too, just havent searched it out
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:04 am
ROTTY

Sage Francis wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
Only thing i don't quite get is why the nazi's would have jesse keep cooking when they just got 60 mil in cash?

I don't think they know that Meth Damon has done that. He cooked up a plan of his own.

Yes very interesting! A couple episodes back, Meth Damon (yeah I'm using it) showed some creepy obsessive signs towards Lydia with the whole lipstick on the tea mug. The Nazi guys can retire and wave buh bye to her operation but I think Todd really wants to impress Lydia. Get her some of that crystal blue jewellery she's been after!

Also a good short read about the show

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/09/last-nights-breaking-bad-that-mindbending-phone-call.html
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 am
mancabbage

didn't occur to me that he'd be working separate from the nazis, but that makes sense... pretty sure damon is on some stone cold psychopath buffalo bill shit, he took that kid out and didnt even blink. put the lotion in the basket jesse
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:38 am
remind

I like the idea, I didn't think of it but... the Ricin is not for Walt. Jesse seems too obvious. My guess is Marie.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just read these 2 final episodes are both going to run a little longer than normal both 75 min including commercials
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 pm
xGasPricesx

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on here yet, considering this forums deep love for both things, but Killer Mike has been doing recaps of these final episodes over on the XXL website. They are pretty great.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/09/killer-mike-recaps-final-season-breaking-bad-episode-14/
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:33 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

There are a few short sighted takes there, but I'm not sure if he's trying to be humorous or if he's feeding into public opinion. For instance, when he says that Walt should have killed Skylar a long time ago. That is not what Walt wants. Maybe that's what fans want, but if you think Walt would do that then they're not really understanding the make-up of his character or his motivation (both bad and good.)
Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm
xGasPricesx

Yeah, that killing Skyler thing and being shocked that Jr. called the cops on Walt after a knife fight did throw me off a little bit. He seems to identify his thoughts on the show or misunderstandings as his confusion about white, middle class values. I definitely don't agree with him on some of his opinionsabout the characters and plot, but I still found it to be an entertaining read and I will probably go back to see what he things about the last two, out of curiosity mainly.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i didnt watch/read the killer mike take on this yet but yes the whole point of walt doing all this is to provide for his family as much as he possibly can before he "leaves" anything else is pointless, thats why when they turn against him its so powerful, we all know he fucked up but still , in his mind hes been selling his soul and taking these hardcore chances just for them, wrong or not in walts mind as long as he wins, then all the little twists come in to play, Yes hes doing this for his family but his ego and making up for what he didnt have, didnt get, in his available life hes trying to make up for all that with all this doing and its backfiring like KAH-PLOW
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:37 am
ROTTY

You all should read the article from the new yorker i posted on here. Sounds like killer mike fits the "Bad Fan" profile.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:27 am
ecapataz

All the characters are ending up with a fate that is the antithesis that they desire.

Hank wanted to be a hero yet died an unsung cowboy.

Fring wanted to maintain his empire and he saw it implode before his eyes before his face was blown off.

Mike wanted to take care of his granddaughter but instead the money he set aside is confiscated.

Jesse wanted to stop cooking, settle down with Andrea and be a father to Brock. Now he's roped back into it.

Marie wanted to wear purple and move to D.C, now she is stuck in Abq forever a widow.

I don't see things going down any other way than Walt's family dying and Walt killing himself out of shame.

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 am
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

ROTTY wrote:
You all should read the article from the new yorker i posted on here. Sounds like killer mike fits the "Bad Fan" profile.

It was a very good read. Emily Nussbaum is the smartest television critic around.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next