Search
Register
NFL and College Football 2013-2014
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

NFL and College Football 2013-2014  Reply with quote  

So it's about time we talk serious football. It's just abou fall, the leaves are holding on to their green still, and Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson are lighting shit up already. I'm a Lions fan, and already their run game looks much better with Bush in the backfield. Stafford looks good too, and I can see them putting together some nice drives in the game against Minnesota and future teams. It's obviously very early, but a long-time fan must dream, eh?

On the college end, Michigan State looks like ass this year, despite having two wins under their belt. Their passing game is in serious trouble, especially since they aren't entirely sure who the QB is going to be. Aaaaaand the drops. Christ. The good news is that the running game looks really solid, and the defense is playing really well. At this point, DE Calhoun is the leading scoring with 3 tds. Beast.

It's way too early to make championship predictions, but on pure gut I'm to say Atlanta and Denver in the Super Bowl, with Atlanta winning. For college, perennial powerhouse Alabama will most likely be there. Oregon looks really good for the title too. And if Ohio State can repeat last year, they just might take it all. Hell, even Michigan looks poised to make something happen this year.
Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:40 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Better than the Lambau Leap...

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:52 am
Captiv8

I absolutely loved that move by Bell. Fantastic celebration, though I'm really surprised he wasn't flagged for it.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am
Captiv8

I know that Washington made a game of it in the end, but how terrible were they in the first half? My God... RG3 looked totally confused, and Alfred Morris could do nothing right. And really, Shanahan? A fucking pitch play backed up in your own endzone? On the other side, I like what Chip Kelly has done so far with the Eagles. I had my doubts about his ability to succeed in the NFL, and it's certainly way too early to judge, but if he can keep this up he'll be a legend. Jackson, McCoy, and Vick looked like new men out there. It's nice to see a little offensive invigoration in Philly.

Also, despite their win over the Giants, the Cowboys suck. The had six takeaways from New York, and still almost managed to lose the game, which should have been well out of reach with stats like that. Eli Manning was all kinds of shook, and I thought Tom Coughlin was going to explode on the sideline. And know Amakumura is out. Shiiiit.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 am
redball

You didn't like my edit that made the '12-'13 thread into the '13-'14 thread? Well fine.

Ohio State wouldn't have won the championship last year but they would've made it a better game. Probably the same this year. They're at #2 for good reason.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:22 pm
Captiv8

redball wrote:
You didn't like my edit that made the '12-'13 thread into the '13-'14 thread? Well fine.

Ohio State wouldn't have won the championship last year but they would've made it a better game. Probably the same this year. They're at #2 for good reason.

That's my bad. For some reason I forgot about it. This can be locked up like Aaron Hernandez.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 am
redball

Nah, it's better this way. That was all preseason shit. It's real now. It needs it's own thread for being real.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:14 am
Limbs

T-Wrex wrote:
Better than the Lambau Leap...

<3

I love how the Steelers and Ben look like a joke so far.

Leos gotta clean some stuff up. I'm worried about Bush's durability if we're gonna use him that much every week.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 am
Captiv8

That's what Joique Bell is for. So far he's been an amazing third-down/short yardage back. And as long as Stafford and Johnson can get into sync Bush doesn't need to bear the offense on his shoulders. And fucking Pettigre needs to spend some serious time on catching the ball. All in all, I am so relieved to see the Lions with some kind of productive running game, which they haven't really had since Barry Sanders.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm
Captiv8

Amd Suh needs to stop playing like an idiot. I think the 100k fine is way too steep since no one was hurt on the block (which wasn't prohibited last year), but it was a stupid play regardless. It wasn't even a necessary block. My solution is that teams need to start docking pay for needless or thoughtless penalties, especially if they cost the team points. Delmas had a really stupid penalty in the game too. Stop fucking around, pro footballers. Play the game with intelligence.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

It's 100k because it's his 5th fine in 3 years.
It's only going to keep getting bigger if he keeps getting avoidable personal fouls.

Bush dislocated his left thumb on the first drive of the game and finished the game using only his right arm mostly... and still almost had 200 apy.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:56 pm
Limbs

Pettigrew and Suh are what they are. Pettigrew is going to drop/fumble the ball at crucial times and Suh is... Going to be Suh. Hopefully it works out. I'm more concerned with Pettigrew.

Suh is a monster. I'd hate him if he wasn't a Lion.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:14 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
Pettigrew and Suh are what they are. Pettigrew is going to drop/fumble the ball at crucial times and Suh is... Going to be Suh. Hopefully it works out. I'm more concerned with Pettigrew.

Suh is a monster. I'd hate him if he wasn't a Lion.

Then I'd say a tight end is a must draft in the upcoming offseason. Either that or put Scheffler in more. Or Fauria. He seemed to be doing really well.

And ya, I would also hate Suh if he wasn't a Lion. In fact, I kind of hate him now. Playing hard doesn't mean playing without class.
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I hate that the Pats have to play the Jets tonight with so many of our offensive players injured and GONE. I reaaallllllly don't want to see them lose to the Jets. Haha. Please no. Please don't let Prolyphic feel that joy.

Somehow I still think they'll put out a win. I don't know how they'll do that, but I guess this is what religious people call "faith."
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:02 pm
Limbs

BB is 13-4 against rookie QBs. No way he loses to one on the jets (sorry pro).
Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next