Search
Register
B. Dolan tour w/ Circle Takes the Square is over. THANK YOU!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

SFR announcement

B. Dolan tour w/ Circle Takes the Square is over. THANK YOU!  Reply with quote  

"A few years back, a European booking agent seeking to fill a date
booked me on a crust punk festival in a giant warehouse squat in the city of
Leipzig, Germany. I was the only American on the bill, and the only hip hop
act in a lineup filled with hardcore and punk acts. Needless to say, it was a huge success. I realized mid-set that my doomy, aggressive, political music and stage presentation probably had as much in common w/ hardcore and punk audiences as it did w/ hip hop.

Ever since, I've been curious to take another crack at a large hardcore audience, and now that the new live band is ready to go and sounding huge, this tour seems like perfect timing.

The set on these shows will consist mostly of "Fallen House" material reworked by the band, as well as some new songs that are in development and ready to be played live. Circle Takes the Square are an incredible band and I'm excited to share the road with them, and we'll be joined by some exciting openers throughout as well.

SYSTEMS will be on select dates, as will UNITED NATIONS, which consists of former members of Glassjaw and Thursday. The Boston, Asheville, and Richmond promoters have informed me that tickets for those shows are selling incredibly fast, and they're predicting sellouts. If you're a fan of me, or hardcoah music, this will be one to catch. Looking forward to making some new friends and maybe getting some shit thrown at my face on this one.

-b"

The dates are as follows:

NOV 3 - ASHEVILLE, NC - THE ODDITORIUM
tix: http://theodditoriumasheville.bigcartel.com/product/nov-3-circle-takes-the-square-b-dolan-systems-king-dirt

NOV 4 - WINSTON-SALEM,NC - BREWSKIS

NOV 5 - RICHMOND, VA - GALLERY5

NOV 6 - BALTIMORE, MD - OTTOBAR
tix: http://theottobar.com/index.cfm?action=events

NOV 7 - ASBURY PARK, NJ - ASBURY LANES

NOV 8 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH

NOV 9 - NEWARK, DE - MOJO ON MAIN**
http://www.mojomain.com/event/365031-circle-takes-square-b-dolan-newark/

NOV 10 - NEW YORK, NYC - SAINT VITUS

NOV 11 - BOSTON, MA - THE MIDDLE EAST**
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3779524&pl=mideastrestaurant

NOV 12- PORTLAND, ME - SPACE GALLERY

** - Featuring United Nations

Incredible poster illustration by Inkymole, and design by Drew Speziale

Last edited by SFR announcement on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am
FranktheP

In, in and in!!! I am pumped. I'll be in Philly and Newark. Hoepfully I can catch up to you to say hi.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 am
anomaly
Loserface

*sigh*
Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 pm
FranktheP

Anybody been to this tour yet? I am going tonight and tomorrow. Anybody hitting any of the remaining shows?
Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'll be at the Boston show. The pictures and videos people have been posting on social media are enticing. Shit looks like a madhouse.
Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 pm
FranktheP

The two shows this weekend were awesome. I did not see CTTS as they are not my cup of tea but B Dolan and the band are a must see. I missed the opener on Friday at the Church due to being at another show crosstown but got in 10 minutes before B went on. I was amazed- the band was tight and the it just seemed like the songs were made for a live band. Great song selection (Flim the Police and the Hunter were highlights). The band-I missed thier names- but the guitar player is insanely good and the drummer may be better. The "dj" kept it all together. Being about 10 feet from the stage compared to the last time I saw B really made a diffeernece- you can feel the intensity. Saturday's show was just as good with "Joan of Arcadia" thrown in. I was able to catch one of the openers- United Nations- they were really good. Sadly neither show was sold out which is the people in Philly and Newark, DE's loss. They missed a great night. Thanks B for the tour and for being so nice to my daughter on Friday and my buddy on Saturday. You made a fan out of him in about 2 minutes.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to: