Search
Register
Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, & Jay Electronica song Control
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

futuristxen

Why does Andre get all of the credit for those Outkast albums?

It's different to be good on a duo, and another thing entirely to carry a solo album, and Andre has never carried a solo album with his rapping.

I agree that Scarface would be ahead of him, amongst others. In the south alone, from just the 90s.
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:30 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

On Where I'm At, Jay Z says..

I'm from where niggas pull your card, and argue all day about
Who's the best MC, Biggie, Jay-Z or Nas

Then on Till I Collapse, Eminem says...

Because I'm at the end of my wits with half the shit gets in
I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in:
It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, 2Pac and Biggie
Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me
But in this industry I'm the cause of a lot of envy
So when I'm not put on this list, the shit does not offend me

So, when Kendrick says...

I heard the barbershops be in great debates all the time
Bout who's the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas
Eminem, Andre 3000, the rest of y'all
New niggas just new niggas, don't get involved

I think it's more just recycling farmiliar concepts than trying to make a statement..

Em thinks Jadakiss is a top 8 emcee, and like Andre 3K, never delivered a classic solo album on his own.

Same with Kurupt..
I love his flow on Doggy Dogg World... but... where's the catalog?
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:36 am
Limbs

Drake sells records and Miley doesn't rap. But he did kinda fire a shot at Miley.
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:30 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

T-Wrex wrote:

Em thinks Jadakiss is a top 8 emcee, and like Andre 3K, never delivered a classic solo album on his own.

Same with Kurupt..
I love his flow on Doggy Dogg World... but... where's the catalog?

i believe jada does have a couple a solos under his belt, im not familiar with them though, so i could be wrong, jada is an mc i never understood why people think hes so great, i dont consider him anything special at all

kurupt does in fact have a few solos, one being a double disc, surprised you havent heard of them
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

another thing about these current rappers/kendrick verse

i hate how theres a whole generation of rap that got totally skipped over because of shitty mainsteam, and now all these kids are "inspired" and feel like kings for being better than that shit thats been played as mainstream, when actually they are waaaay behind
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:23 pm
tommi teardrop

What generation of rap got skipped over because of the shitty mainstream?

I'm starting to absolutely loathe people who claim to love rap music but really only love a specific 5-7 year period, usually from when they were 17 to 24 or so.

Did anybody read that j zone article? It should be required reading for people that think music used to be so much better.

Kendrick's verses on rigamortis stack up technically to any verse by any rapper ever.
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

do i really have to explain what i meant
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 pm
tommi teardrop

Yes who are these dope rappers who got ignored because of the shitty mainstream?

I hate your opinions on rap music. It reminds me of kids in 2001 who thought Latyrx not blowing up had something to do with how shitty Ja Rule was or something. Like if only people could see how manufactured DMX was, the living legends could be on MTV.

Are you the dude that thinks Heavy Mental is top 5 ever?
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i like a wide variety of hip hop but im never the one with those type of opinions

yet people who read my posts of Liking a lot of rap corner me into that
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm
Prontoid

Neuro wrote:
another thing about these current rappers/kendrick verse

i hate how theres a whole generation of rap that got totally skipped over because of shitty mainsteam, and now all these kids are "inspired" and feel like kings for being better than that shit thats been played as mainstream, when actually they are waaaay behind

You can't hate on these kids for enjoying Kendricks verse and thinking its more important than it is. What's their point of reference? Most of them were in nappies the last time there was rap competition of any real relevance and Nas and Jay felt manufactured at the time anyways..let them have this..

Hiphops been around 40 years now, it's no longer mandatory than new fans of it learn about the culture, Kool Herc and listen to and understand PE...it's too far gone...let them enjoy what they want...they will never think Paid in Full is good just like I will never think Drake's record is good..
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:30 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i dont disike anyone for enjoying this

all i was saying is wish a lot of quality hip hop , and a more variety of it was more known to mass public

i know its tiring of hearing that but its kind of ridiculous in 2013 its still like this

thats all
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am
Brynjar

Quote:

i dont disike anyone for enjoying this

all i was saying is wish a lot of quality hip hop , and a more variety of it was more known to mass public

i know its tiring of hearing that but its kind of ridiculous in 2013 its still like this

thats all

You can replace hiphop with books, movies and music in general but it doesn't work like that and never has
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:48 am
anomaly
Loserface

Let's talk about this new Nine Inch Nails record. Holy shit, it's the jams.
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am
tommi teardrop

I wish people that were into superscientifical lyrical rap music would try to understand the appeal of rappers who probably fit into this "lazy rap" category. If we are going to be real, there is a lot of rap from the golden age that is lazy as fuck.

The truth is, there are tons of rappers getting buzz that are not reinventing the wheel when it comes to rhyme schemes or writing. I don't think that means that they are lazy. A lot of those dudes are popular because they have massive personalities and make infectious songs. But it's always been that way.

Similarly, a lot of the guys that can rap their asses off can't make a quality song or a cohesive album to save their lives. And we wonder why they are not more popular. Because the masses don't give a shit how sharp your skills are anymore than they give a shit about how well Billy Joe Armstrong or Justin Vernon can play the guitar.

Trust me, guitar nerds think its crazy that John Petrucci and Steve Vai and Herman Li are not getting more love while these less talented schlubs playing 3 chords are selling millions. But guess what? I'd rather listen to a reduntant 3 chord folk/rock song than a concerto by Yngwie Malmsteen.

Just because there are some shitty rappers that are popular, that does not mean that rap sucks now anymore than it sucked because Hammer, Kriss Kross, Snow or Ton Loc were the popular dudes at the time.

It's very rare that the best rapper in the game is also the most popular. Kendrick going platinum is about as good as its going to get.
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

tommi teardrop wrote:
I wish people that were into superscientifical lyrical rap music would try to understand the appeal of rappers who probably fit into this "lazy rap" category. If we are going to be real, there is a lot of rap from the golden age that is lazy as fuck.

i dont know why you are so hooked on this aspect, because theres tons of good rap that is not "superscientifical lyrical" which gets unnoticed
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next