Search
Register
NFL '12-'13 thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Jack

I'm creating a 12 team dynasty league this year for fantasy football. If you are not familiar with dynasty leagues, it means you keep your entire roster each season which makes things pretty fun and interesting. There is a 20 dollar entry fee (using leaguesafe which is a 3rd party website). Thought some of you might be down (email me at jackley385@gmail.com)
Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:49 pm
Limbs

I'm disgusted with myself by how much of this training camp shit I've been watching. RG3 has a knee brace and the Jets are a circus (sorry pro). Good 32 team coverage guys.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm
Limbs

Big ups to anyone not giving Riley Cooper a pass on this bullshit. How the league isn't heavily involved in his punishment baffles me. "But black people say nigga all the time" is such a bogus argument and has no relevance to how Riley used it. Another round of make white people feel better.

I can't remember what network or person it was that brought it up but someone said how this is the first time the league has had to deal with a player using a racial slur. Ummmmmm... I think there's a much more likely reason for that. Enough of this "but sports is beyond race". Sports culture is racist as fuck.

"Remember guys. Don't say things like this in public. You might get filmed". How about don't be fucking racist, dumbass.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:09 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

Limbs wrote:
I can't remember what network or person it was that brought it up but someone said how this is the first time the league has had to deal with a player using a racial slur. Ummmmmm... I think there's a much more likely reason for that. Enough of this "but sports is beyond race". Sports culture is racist as fuck.

I listen to New England sports radio every day, and this is the first time I've heard about this so I had to look it up:

Huh. Wowwwww. Uhhhh....yeah.

Speaking of sports radio, I feel like it might be one of the last bastions of old timey misogyny. Other than hiphop of course. The cringe becomes severe every time a woman calls in to discuss anything. The hosts reactions are usually on some old timey "get back in the kitchen bitch" type shit or "bitch, you sound sexy lets fuck" type shit.

ARGHHHH. MAN TALK...ARGHHHH!!!!

Didn't mean to derail from the racism that is clearly on display in this here video. That guy will have quite a career in the NFL! haha
Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

At 4am, during my ride into work, i sometimes listen to CBS Sports nationally syndicated show... and it has a female host.

It's the opposite of guy talk sports radio... but a lot of callers call up and flirt with her, but she's just about that business.

https://twitter.com/ALawRadio

also, years ago, they used to have this other guy.. David Stien..
A Celebration Of Li(f)e Through Sports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stein_(radio_host)

it was faith based and over-the-top sappy..
but it was a guilty pleasure.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 am
Limbs

I listen to Detroit sports radio and I refuse to listen to the morning guys for the same reason. Even their promos piss me off with their "hottie of the day". The last time I listened their topic was... Chazz Bono... Oy. One of the few times I damn near called in but I didn't even know where to start.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:17 am
Limbs

And yeah! I was driving home late one night a few years ago and caught that Stein show. Hah. Creepy stuff but I couldn't turn it off.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:23 am
sewer samuel

okay, im in a little bit of a pinch. i played fantasy football last year (in a ppr league) not knowing much about anything. missed the draft (was at an against me show), auto drafted and fucking won the league. so this year i'm stuck with the last pick (12th).

i need some help (tips or whatever) with the draft. i was told to stay away from players who's teams have shitty offensive lines. what are some of those teams? also, are there any players that people might think would be a good idea to pick up that i should stay away from. should i draft the best running back (not already taken) with my 12th pick? i also have the 13th pick too.

basically, what are some good strategies to a ppr league draft.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13