Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

breakfast

I just want to get a WiiU - it seems like so many games for XBox and PS3 are shooters of some variety, and it's not really a genre I'm particularly interested in. The character and world design for those games feels a little homogenous to me. I want some poppin' colors and not a lot of time investment in my games!
Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i would like to read a Mark in Minnesota review of Metro Last Light

you in on it yet?

get on it

its better than bioshock infinite IMO, just to throw that out there, i know, different kind of games, but still
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

bioshock infinite has a really neat story i'll give it that

kinda think Halo 4 is a much better game though
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:48 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

everyone knows im a Rage Fanboy but i still think its ranked really high, especially with the dlc that gives it just enough more meat/veggies that it needed

also although Rage has a bit more pop in its graphics, Halo 4 got the closest,but artsy fartsy wise halo 4 totally took over rage in the graphics department , from a replayable and symmetrical standpoint its very well designed and so very beautiful too

Halo 4 PERFECTED the perfect combination of sounds and controller vibration , its like candy and so sweet

farcry 3 dragons blood has the perfect combination of the having the worst and best ending in a video game

Aliens Colonial Marines campaign DLC really pulled through, probally not for any youguys expectations though

and thats my video game rant for now
Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am
Mark in Minnesota

Metro: Last Light is still sitting in the shrinkwrap in a stack of unplayed games that I've bought this year, next to Dead Island: Riptide and Gears of War: Judgment.

The reason I've got this backlog is because I decided to play through Skyrim a second and almost certainly final time, getting the last remaining achievements and completing the majority of the game's non-radiant quests. Probably over 400 hours total--essentially the only video game I've played since the last week of April, other than some Lumines.

I started playing State of Decay. I'm about 10-15 hours in, and I think it's incredible. I haven't liked a game this much from a pure design standpoint since maybe The Way of the Samurai.

I'm pretty sure it's going to completely ruin Dead Island: Riptide for me.

I also really want there to be games like Bully, Red Dead Redemption, X-COM, Dynasty Warriors, Dishonored, Gears of War, etc. which all use these kinds of mechanics. Ensemble cast rather than a single main character, hybrid of RTS and action RPG and third person shooter mechanics, fully simulated game world, enormous replay value, etc. Quest lines you can fail, character permadeath, easter eggs...

This game was only 20 bucks. I'm pretty sure I'll get 200+ hours out of it.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 pm
Captiv8

State of Decay is apparently getting some sort of dlc that expands the replay value infinitely. From what I've read, the resources become finite, and after a certain amount of time you'll be forced to relocate your band of survivors. Each time you do it becomes harder and harder, hordes become more prevalent, and other competing survivors become more aggressive. I like the idea a lot.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:44 pm
Prontoid

I also started playing State of Decay on the weekend and I must say I haven't been this impressed by a video game in a long time...the realism is very striking..I have only put in 5 hours or so and still getting my head around it..I feel like there is no where near enough time to do everything I want and I'm uncertain of what I need to be prioritising at this stage..I also don't know what impact me not playing the game is having as I haven't been able to play it the last two nights and I'm aware that this impacts the state of the game but not sure how much...
Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 am
Mark in Minnesota

I keep starting over and doing better.

I cannot express how much this game scratches me where I itch. It feels like something genuinely new.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm
ROTTY

Anyone played the new DLC for Bioshock infinite yet? Whats the verdict?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/07/nerdist-podcast-ken-levine/
Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 am
Mikal kHill

The new DLC is kinda like the protector trials type shit. It's alright. The next two will be the "good" dlc.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

as much as i love GTA4, i think i finally realized how slow and clunky it actually is #lookingfowardtoGTA5
Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Ensemble cast rather than a single main character...

This is why I think Final Fantasy III might've been my favorite childhood game..

I really liked being able to go to the airship and change around the people in my party..
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Mars : War Logs looks pretty rad, im going d/l the trial on xboxlive arcade

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:22 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I want to be clear that I think State of Decay is, as a $20 XBLA title, better than 90% of the AAA titles that have come out for the Xbox 360 in the last two years. I rate it above Dead Space 3, for example.

I really hope there are sequels.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 359, 360, 361  Next