Search
Register
I lied, I came back to apologize...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mark in Minnesota

I think this forum has a long-standing tradition of playing along while people self-immolate in some thread or another. C.R.A.Z.Y certainly did that to herself and should perhaps expect to be reminded of it any time she returns to say hello.

But I also think, unlike (to seize on one example) Joshua Kane, C.R.A.Z.Y is one of the people who helped set a certain tone for this forum over a period of years. Who helped make this place into something one couldn't find elsewhere, and who maybe earned a kinder farewell than she actually received.

I don't care if this post of hers is bullshit or not. It's possible to earn the right to a little bullshit and I think she has earned hers. I'm glad to read it, and content to take it for whatever it turns out to be. In contrast, I think a couple of the people who are putting the boot in now haven't quite earned a right to do that.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 am
IAmNiki

One can always count on asinine posts from crazy. I'm just mildly let down that this one was so boring and not amusing.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Limbs

I really only remember crazy vaguely. I guess I kinda tuned her out over the years. Not for the reasons being hated here but the opposite really. I assumed she was straight up and I normally don't care much for personal posts. I think this makes her infinitely more interesting to me.

Say that dark knight bit about her.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:55 pm
xGasPricesx

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
I think this forum has a long-standing tradition of playing along while people self-immolate in some thread or another. C.R.A.Z.Y certainly did that to herself and should perhaps expect to be reminded of it any time she returns to say hello.

But I also think, unlike (to seize on one example) Joshua Kane, C.R.A.Z.Y is one of the people who helped set a certain tone for this forum over a period of years. Who helped make this place into something one couldn't find elsewhere, and who maybe earned a kinder farewell than she actually received.

I don't care if this post of hers is bullshit or not. It's possible to earn the right to a little bullshit and I think she has earned hers. I'm glad to read it, and content to take it for whatever it turns out to be. In contrast, I think a couple of the people who are putting the boot in now haven't quite earned a right to do that.

I think this is a fair assessment, I just have kind of forgotten most all of CRAZY's posts except for these types, where she comes back to pop her head in with her new life update. I also had no idea that Joshua Kane had some big lie, the only thing I really remember from that dude was his blog. But that is really here nor there. I didn't make my post to try to put a "boot in" either, and I'm sure I am one of the people who wouldn't deserve too because I don't post that frequently and never had much of a personality here. I just figured I would try to add some context to the backlash, although I realize now that I was probably a little off-base with my comment.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Not talking about big lies, so much as threads which go off the rails and eventually result in weirdness that can't be walked back. JK stepped to the line in this thread: http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50243

Not the same kind of thing as happened with C.R.A.Z.Y--but they both chummed the waters and then jumped in. There are at least a dozen other examples of similar things happening to other people here over the years. Most don't seem to come back and say hi. I think that's a shame, is all.

I mean, who cares if threads like this one were truth or fiction or too much of one and not enough of the other? Especially after the fact!
http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45224
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

crash wrote:
Somalian isn't a language. It's Somali.

If someone told you they were studying Japanish, would you believe them?

Haha! I took a few years of Englian myself.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 am
mzehe916

Maybe she meant Sumerian. They also pose a threat to Homeland Security. THEY LIVE IN LAVA TUBES! Or are those the Lemurians?
Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2