Search
Register
I lied, I came back to apologize...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

C.R.A.Z.Y

I lied, I came back to apologize...  Reply with quote  

Hi. I just wanted to apologize for trying to make everyone think I wasn't a real person and that I was instead a troll and a puppet account.

I kinda acted like I was revealing that nothing I had ever said was true and that I wasn't even real. As a sort of writer, I was sort of playing at creating it by writing it. In the minds of at least any one who believed it.

Why? Well, because I AM crazy. Duh. Go figure.

In real life, I was having a long roll of non stop adventures involving real life love and loss. I cried a lot of real tears. That meant everything I cried for was worth every tear. I won't go into any of it, it's not for you.

But all the stories I wrote were true, I am a real life character, a bumbler, that much is true. And as Crazy Amy I knew lots and lots of people, too many and had to many friends and went too many places and did too many things, and then one day it all just made my head spin. I was like fuck this shit.

I came on the Strange Famous Forum and wrote my way out of the community of underground hip hop, to those who don't know me, and left a few who knew me wondering if I knew me :) It's almost as if I didn't want to be myself anymore so I just tried to write myself out of it ...Bizarre.

IRL I changed my name to Lynn. I dropped the hip hop from my life, I became some weird other person. A girl who owns no pants and paints her nails. I go to a college. I have a near flawless GPA. I study Criminal Justice, with a concentration of electives in the Sociology of Deviance. Gotta slice of Homeland Security on the side. Studying Arabic and Somalian. Working in the sports industry, team Security, hockey being my favorite. YISSS I do hockey now. Also, I moonlight as the head of security at a baby boomer punk bar. In other words, I finally found a life outside of hip hop and the internet. ( self deprecating throw ) ha ha ha. It's boring now. Whew. Thank god. Just what I wanted

One thing I've been studying on the path to becoming a criminologist is psychology. One thing I have been learning through my studies is that all of this bizarre behavior was a reaction to extreme real life traumas (no prolific mem.)

Anyways, not that any of it matters, or that people really come here anymore, but I just thought I would come say that I owed the forum at least an apology/love letter/hello.

Chai
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:53 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Ah, mem; pieces of Mem. Lol
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I can confirm that Mem and Amy are both real and completely different people.
That's all I have to contribute to this.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:50 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

tell us a story Lynn
Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:46 pm
Captiv8

Who studies Somalian?
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 am
Limbs

Why Lynn? I knew someone who changed their name from Lynn cuz they hated it.

I dreamed of changing my name as a child. Now it's kind of a pride thing. Play the hand you're dealt.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

I study Somalian in the Community Education system whenever I get the chance and I have ten credits of Arabic the next two semesters. My community is full of Arabic and Somalian speaking citizens.

My well spring of stories has pretty much all dried up. I'm too busy studying stuff. I aim to move on to work in government policy. Maybe work on something cool like my buddy Matt, on a Police Civilian Review Board.

Anyhow, cheers. That was my forum update for 2013-2014.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 am
Jack

what do you want to do with a degree in criminal justice?
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm
poopsnack

In Columbus to study Somalian you just need to get a cab. Fuck a school.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Welcome back to the internet, Lynn.

You've missed out on some good hip-hop.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

Somalian isn't a language. It's Somali.

If someone told you they were studying Japanish, would you believe them?
Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm
lord soth

Gee, thanks for coming back to tell us no one comes here anymore and you outgrew hip hop for a Homeland Security Hockey life. We were all on the edge of our seat giving so many shits.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:40 am
Mark in Minnesota

Only 174 posts and you decided that this needed to be one of them?

I liked you better when you had even less to say.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 am
ecapataz

lord soth wrote:
Gee, thanks for coming back to tell us no one comes here anymore and you outgrew hip hop for a Homeland Security Hockey life. We were all on the edge of our seat giving so many shits.

Right? And such a fleeting yet pompous immediate exit to boot.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 am
xGasPricesx

CRAZY's posts tend to attract a certain amount of ire because they usually have all the trappings of a compulsive liar. I say this because I knew a fair deal of compulsive liars growing up, and was one to some extent for many years. I still find myself doing it to some extent here and there, but have at least learned to either stop myself before it comes out of my mouth or embarrassingly admit that what I just told someone actually wasn't true, and that I don't know why I just told them it was.

I know a few people on here know her in real life, and they have said before that she is actually really cool, which I don't doubt. I also don't doubt that she probably has led an interesting life, but not to the extent that she has claimed on here in the past. The thing that really seems to grind peoples gears around here, and it bugs me as well, is that these (basically) annual posts where she comes in, admits she lied about who she was before, and then starts telling us who she actually is. They always start off seeming very believable, and then quickly turns into something that seems like a big lie.

I don't hate her for it or anything, and I can never prove that it is all a lie because I don't know her in real life, but the details of her stories often don't add up, like the Somali/Somalian thing here. I do actually sympathize with the compulsion quite a bit, especially because one of my good friends who I basically consider a brother has a very similar habit to this day. But I also understand how frustrating it can be for other people, and their desire to at least call bullshit when they see it. I mean, it is strange that she comes in at least once a year and claims that she lied about herself before, then seems to make up some new story, and then says it's the last time she is going to post here, only to come back the next year. It's certainly not the end of the world that someone would do this, especially on an increasingly quiet internet message board, but it still is frustrating.

I personally kind of want to know who the real CRAZY is, not because of the stories she's made up in the past, but just because I am usually curious who anybody that comes to this forum and decides to post is, because the music Sage and SFR artists make is pretty niche and it tends to draw people who I like and want to get to know. And to go as far as make a username here and start posting, especially posting a lot, it shows a very intense interest in the kind of stuff that's explored in the music, which is what a lot of my interests are.

I know this post is kind of long and rambling, but I think it's fair for people to call CRAZY out on her bullshit. But I also think people here should be willing to open back up to her if she did decide to share who she actually was, not just half-truths.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next