Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Brynjar

I've been playing NBA 2k13 alot in the last 10 days or so and if it wasn't a my friends game I'd be furious. The biggest feature has a huge gamebreaking bug and it'll never be patched because the season is almost over. You can create your own player and get him drafted. When you play you get points so you can upgrate his stats. My guy started at 65 overall and I had him up to 72 playing for the Celtics in the first season and boom, for no reason I can't hit any 3pt in 3-4 games so I check the stats ingame and it says he's 59 overall. I read a bunch of forum posts and this is the second year this happens, the stats randomly drop 5-15 points.

SMH
Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:45 pm
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
Also, State of Decay is out, homies. Get your survival on.

I need a new gaming fix and this looks great. You played it yet? Really want to know if it is any good before i buy but i figure 1200 xbox credits, its worth a punt. Reviews online are saying some good things.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:41 am
Captiv8

Haven't played it yet, but I'm dying to. If you wait three months it'll probably be half off. All I know is I like the idea of a strategy/resource collecting zombie game.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am
Disharmony

I've finally got around to playing Bioshock Infinite. I like it, but it doesn't hold the charm of the past Bioshocks. I feel like a different game was being made and they just tacked on the whole Bio-Shock feel to it. I know this isn't the case, but so far it is leaving me wanting more.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:55 pm
Szechwan

Brynjar wrote:
I've been playing NBA 2k13 alot in the last 10 days or so and if it wasn't a my friends game I'd be furious. The biggest feature has a huge gamebreaking bug and it'll never be patched because the season is almost over. You can create your own player and get him drafted. When you play you get points so you can upgrate his stats. My guy started at 65 overall and I had him up to 72 playing for the Celtics in the first season and boom, for no reason I can't hit any 3pt in 3-4 games so I check the stats ingame and it says he's 59 overall. I read a bunch of forum posts and this is the second year this happens, the stats randomly drop 5-15 points.

SMH

Sophomore slump; this is perfectly normal in sports.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 pm
Sarcastro

Szechwan wrote:
Brynjar wrote:

SMH

Sophomore slump; this is perfectly normal in sports.

Maybe if you didn't waste all summer partying with your boys and sleeping with e-chicks instead of working on that jumper this wouldn't have happened.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:12 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Disharmony wrote:
I've finally got around to playing Bioshock Infinite. I like it, but it doesn't hold the charm of the past Bioshocks. I feel like a different game was being made and they just tacked on the whole Bio-Shock feel to it. I know this isn't the case, but so far it is leaving me wanting more.

when you finish comeback and update what you think, the end will seriously change your mind a bit

its pretty clever

with that said i havent played it much since completion though
Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:19 pm
Prontoid

ROTTY wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Also, State of Decay is out, homies. Get your survival on.

I need a new gaming fix and this looks great. You played it yet? Really want to know if it is any good before i buy but i figure 1200 xbox credits, its worth a punt. Reviews online are saying some good things.

I too am interested in this. The new Call of Juarez DL looks particularly good also.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:59 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i guess fable 3 on 360 is free download right now, the series never looked interesting to me, never tried any of them, can someone spill the beans on it, you think ill like it if i try it?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:12 pm
ROTTY

I saw this yesterday and all i can say is wow. This is going to be an Xbox One exclusive game. RYSE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MfYuP6L44k
Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am
smake

Neuro wrote:
i guess fable 3 on 360 is free download right now, the series never looked interesting to me, never tried any of them, can someone spill the beans on it, you think ill like it if i try it?

I would steer clear of Fable 3. The first and second one where charming RPG-lights. A wonderful, colorful world with some button smashing combat. The story was nice enough, but the world wasn't as developed as they claimed it would be. Nonetheless, the first two games were very enjoyable (mostly due to the lovely world).

The third one however, is terrible. The gameplay is completely ruined. Instead of a normal inventory/menu, you enter a room of chambers where you wander to your weapon room, your clothing room, the map, etc. It is really, really annoying. Don't bother with this one, it will only frustrate you.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 am
Mark in Minnesota

I had a completely different perspective on it, of course.

We seem to have the Fable discussion about once a year in this thread; my most significant contribution was a couple of posts back on page 111: http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=876856#876856

It's not a very challenging game but it's a brightly drawn, well-realized world, and your decisions have a substantive impact on it, from the way it looks to the way its citizens treat you to the kinds of quests you get in the end-game. The voice acting is excellent, the writing strikes a balance between thoughtful and funny, and the pacing is spot on. There are also Big Ideas on the loose in these games which you don't really get to see anywhere else.

I'm glad I played it, but sometimes all I'm looking for in a game is light diversion. If you're only in it for the feeling of overcoming challenges, or for a sprawling sense of accomplishment, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:13 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i decided to skip it
Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:05 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

also just as i predicted, none of the games, ...from either system look like next gen graphics
Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 345, 346, 347  Next