Search
Register
kid faces 20 yrs in prison for writing a shitty rap on FB?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mancabbage

kid faces 20 yrs in prison for writing a shitty rap on FB?  Reply with quote  

http://cms.fightforthefuture.org/teenager/

Quote:

On May 1st, Cam was skipping school and messing around online. He posted some lyrics that included a vague reference to the Boston Marathon Bombing and called the Whitehouse a "federal house of horror." Shortly after that he was arrested and charged with Communicating a Terrorist Threat, a felony that carries 20 years in prison.

The post contained no specific threat of violence against any person or group of people, and in the context of the rest of the lyrics and Cams' rap persona, it was clearly nothing more than a metaphor. A search of Cam's house found NO evidence that he was planning any violence, but a judge still ordered him held without bail for the next 3 months, pending trial.

this has been doing the rounds on Facebook today, is this shit for real? God dam.. how is vinnie paz still walking about ? The older brother had his tracks in his youtube favourites
Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 am
d-nyce36

well...sort of...

They could be lyrics to a rap, or a Facebook status update where he threatens to kill people and blow things up worse than the Marathon.

Now the charges are hugely overstated, but you cant do doing that stuff on your public FB page.

He was also

Quote:

Another police report in the court records said that last June, DíAmbrosio was arrested for allegedly threatening to stab and kill his sister in a dispute over $20. He was charged with assault and battery and making a threat to commit a crime, but the case was dismissed on April 17.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/05/02/methuen-high-student-who-allegedly-vowed-outdo-boston-marathon-bombings-held-without-bail/VVf5HKnbowgppkfSfrBbjJ/story.html

No i see he was recently ordered to stay 90 days in jail without bail....THAT is fucked up.

But also, damn, it took me 30 seconds to find this information.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Took me a while to find the actual lyrics. Techdirt is the only place where I've seen them posted: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130502/18364622931/ma-teen-arrested-held-without-bail-posting-supposed-terrorist-threat-facebook.shtml

ďIím not in reality, So when u see me (expletive) go insane and make the news, the paper, and the (expletive) federal house of horror known as the white house, Donít (expletive) cry or be worried because all YOU people (expletive) caused this (expletive).
(Expletive) a boston bominb wait till u see the (expletive) I do, Iíma be famous rapping, and beat every murder charge that comes across me!"

After hearing about this, I posted about it. Someone said, "It's not that cut and dry" and he posted this Snopes link:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/dambrosio.asp

Turns out it *is* that cut and dry.
So what...this kid once made a threat to his sister and to a pair of 8th graders? Like that's not NORMAL?! Haha, seriously. Oh wait, and then they talk about how HE was beaten to the point where his spleen ruptured. Huh. These are the examples that were given as to why he's a troubled case and he should be held without bail and put in prison over a lousy shock-rap he posted on Facebook? Come on, man. That's ridiculous.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:21 pm
Plum Puddin'

Well, shit.

They're coming for our messenger raps.

Good luck everybody.
Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm
mancabbage

its scary man, I'm relieved facebook and all that jazz didn't exist when i was a teenager. Kids need to be left to fuck up and learn from it in their own time. This guys only punishment should be embarrassment, poor kid
Post Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 pm
MessiahCarey

I have a friend who was institutionalized against his will for writing shitty, mean rap lyrics when he was 17.

If he was better able to comport himself, he probably could have just let himself out but they shoved him full of sedatives and brain chemistry drugs until he came out a completely different person.

He went in there an anti-circus protesting vegan and came out a super zombie "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK" man and robbed a store at gunpoint in order to get drugs like the ones they were giving him in the facility.

THANKS OBAMA

I mean Clinton
Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:00 pm
DeadAwake

I don't think drugs changed him as a person.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:27 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Apparently he was finally brought before a judge and the judge set him free. Still, this is a great example of how we're so willing to allow the government and law enforcement to do crazy shit when we're in a state of panic. I haven't talked about it in a while, but Naomi Klein's "Shock Doctrine" should be required reading.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Sarcastro

Big Brother hates horrorcore
Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:10 pm
anomaly
Loserface

This is why i make instrumentals only
Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:31 pm
MessiahCarey

DeadAwake wrote:
I don't think drugs changed him as a person.

Probably not exclusively. But forced on someone coupled with a regimen of unnecessary counseling, something fuckin' happened that was not happening before he went in there.

My larger point, though, was the ubiquity of situations a lot like this one y'know?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:04 pm
redball

To me the problem isn't that we have a system in which authorities are alerted over things like this. The problem is that we have a system that is addicted to a purely punitive approach as a response. It's funny that this is how we respond even while people were still going apeshit over how mental health treatment is the only viable answer to gun control.

I think cases like these are going to get far more frequent before anything is done. In the mean time I can only plan to teach my son to keep a journal or some shit. At least explain to him that he's growing up publicly and everything he says will be used against him.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 pm
DeadAwake

This begs the question. Why are such people, who are unable to govern themselves, in a position to govern the lives of others?
Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to: