SFR's 2013 northeast tour is complete. REVIEWS
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

SFR's 2013 northeast tour is complete. REVIEWS  Reply with quote  

Here's my 6 second freestyle promoting the Brooklyn show:
https://vine.co/v/bVuDxiZbpix

People who weren't going to go before are definitely going to attend now.

5/24 - BROOKLYN, NY
@ Knitting Factory
Sage Francis, Prolyphic, B. Dolan, Metermaids.
DOORS AT 8PM, SHOW STARTS AT 9PM
All Ages.
Tickets: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3472144&pl=kfny
FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/127430557442113/

5/25 - PROVIDENCE, RI
@ The Fete
SAGE FRANCIS, Prolyphic, B. Dolan, Metermaids.
This will act as Prolyphic's "Working Man" record release show for the home city. Expect surprise guests and special announcements.
All Ages.
TICKETS: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3487814&pl=fete
FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/217394095070272/

5/26 - PORTLAND, MAINE
@ Space Gallery
SAGE FRANCIS, Prolyphic, B. Dolan, Metermaids.
This will be a Strange Famous Records blowout. Expect surprise guests and special announcements. All Ages.
TICKETS: http://space538.org/events/sage-francis-prolyphic-b-dolan-and-metermaids

Last edited by Sage Francis on Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Tremendous show last night in Brooklyn. It was absolutely bonkers from start to finish. SFR does it right.
Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:40 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Thanks for coming out!
Man, the show was insane. Probably the best show I've had in NYC since 2005, but certainly the most fun show I can remember there.
I'll be back with a full write-up after the weekend. Heading to Providence now for the Fete show.
Post Sat May 25, 2013 3:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Providence was fucking insane.
The finale was powerful and fun as all hell.
That's all I can say right now.

Snakes and body slams: www.vine.co/v/bVwzEH66bbU

A recap of snakes and body slams: www.vine.co/v/bVTX9OKLOtL

This was part of B. Dolan's announcement that there will be a Church of Love & Ruin MONTHLY happening at the Fete starting in June. How crazy is that? Rhode Island is getting treatsssssss.

We're off to Maine!
Post Sun May 26, 2013 11:41 am
Marcus Forealius

The Providence show was pretty sick. Metermaids got things going correctly, I'm excited for their new upcoming release as the stuff they did off of that was terrific.

Very tight band playing for B. Dolan. It was tough for my ears to accept anything but a live backing band for a short while after, but Prolyphic quickly changed that. Very glad I was able to make it, and see his last performance in RI for a little while.

And a broccoli laden finale by Sage to close out the festivities. Lots of classics thrown in. I would have enjoyed it that much more if not for the kid behind me spilling beer on me, and yelling along to all the words in a prepubescent screamo voice. Maybe it was just having been up since 5:30am that day and working 10 hours, or maybe I'm getting old and cranky. Either way, a very good time was had.
Post Mon May 27, 2013 3:14 pm
al(phonic)

amazing show in the old port last night! one of the best hip hop shows ive ever been to

metermaids...yes. they are so fun and high energy. they have a blast the whole time they perform and its magnetic. on point

mr dolan always crushes. loved hearing the evel piece.

prolyphic was great. i saw him like 10 years ago, he's now a much better performer. fire in his eyes and conviction in his voice. great set

sage rocked the house down. flat out rocked it the ef down. one of my favorite sage shows. it was great seeing the grand finales of the sfr family together. thank you thank you thank you

hearing sage's new piece made me impatient to hear more. amazing lyrics

i love going to a show that i drove 2 hours to get to, paid lots in gas and tickets and whatnot, took time off from work....and feeling it was all more than worth it
Post Mon May 27, 2013 4:51 pm
Jared Paul

Providence was definitely the most Epic, non Church, SFR show I've seen in RI in a long time. I unfortunately missed Metermaids due to some drama on the homefront but got there in time for the B Dolan set. Place was packed and the live band/mpc'ist sound made for one of the best B Dolan set's I'ver seen; super high energy, beautiful and full sound, but with his vocals still cutting right through. Super emotional and dialed in Prolyphic set. Epic, Epic Sage set with new songs, new remixes, and new a cappellas. Then the family jam at the end? Juan Deuce and Falside coming out to close it down really impressed me. I had never seen them kick it in front of that big a crowd before. To watch them come out into such an intense setting after high powered posse jams with Pro, Metermaids, B, and Sage and totally KILL IT that completely was a little unexpected. After 4 full sets and a combined mini group SFR set (4 hrs of show or so), they didn't miss a beat and actually brought the energy to the highest point of the night. Expect big things. Hands down best concert of the year for me so far. And a needed outlet after a trying and shitty day. SFR For the win.
Post Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

These shows were totally invigorating. I think we hit a rough patch with shows on the east coast in the past few years due to various things. I'm glad I decided to book these shows on my own while trying out a couple new venues/promoters.

Each show had a little something special. For instance, in NYC I had these girls I found on youtube sing Jah Didn't Kill Johnny with me.
I haven't seen footage of the show, but here's their cover:
http://youtu.be/FSgWTuC4mNs
We also had a surprise appearance by Seez Mics for one of my songs. Fun stuff.

At the Providence show, B. Dolan performed with his new live band and it sounded absolutely amazing. It's a very cool dynamic for his show and I look forward to seeing how that develops. He also treated us to the Church of Love & Ruin announcement which entailed the body slam. Haha. This is going to be an insane monthly event and I'll let B explain in more detail when he's ready.

Metermaids set every show off properly, getting the crowd hyped. They even snuck in a couple new songs which are complete bangers. Prolyphic would follow them and shoot lasers out of his eyes. haha. It was a good transfer of energy from one performer to the next. Pro's set was bitter sweet considering how it was basically his record release show, but it was also his unofficial "going away" party. He has gotten a job in DC as soon as these shows were finished, Pro and his wife cleaned out their Providence apartment. Big changes for my dude and I wish him all the best. We'll have to connect for some shows in the DC area at some point.

My favorite part of each night was the finale. Being able to build upon the energy of the whole show and then take it over the top by having all the emcees on stage at once is a treat I don't often get to enjoy or appreciate. This would all culminate into the announcement that Juan Deuce & Falside are now signed to Strange Famous, so they'd come out and do two songs while we all mashed out. It was insane, man.

Such a good time. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported.

Oh, and I CAN'T forget Tollbooth Girl. She's a new obsession of mine and I'm desperately trying to figure out who she is. I was too busy wrapping up my Vine to catch her details. If anyone in Maine knows who this is, please holler atcha boy:
www.vine.co/v/bV3h1Iwx9Pw
Post Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 pm
Stormshadow

Damn. I beg you guys to consider a show OH, PA or anywhere within a 4-5 hour drive of Cleveland!

Anyhow excited about the announcement of Juan Deuce & Falside becoming stranger, love these guys!

Wish you the best Prolyphic. Wish I could have made it to your Youngstown show last year!

So far 2013 seems like a great year for SFR. Keep the momentum rolling.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am
mattrego

I second everything Jared typed. The Providence show was unreal intense. Brought my 20 year old nephew, who was skeptical cause he is not a huge hiphop fan. He left feeling inspired and completely "wowed".

The ending with the SFR posse was fantastic with Sage giving a Knute Rockne like speech at the end. I wanted to run thru a wall.

B Dolan and his band were the highlight for me. So on point and intense. I counted 2 slaps to the face and one dropkick for Dolan.

Prolyphic was sandwiched between B an Sage on the lineup and absolutely brought and kept up the intensity. Very impressed.

Love the Metermaids. Love them.

I sound like a broken record, but SFR just keeps bringing it fresh.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm
Limbs

Good luck in DC, Pro.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to: